Votes: 45 25.7%
  • Cheap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Way too cheap

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
And sorry to say but it's not the best deal in the oud history!
The best deal was made when Oud Royale I was on sale for $550, the Borneo3000 for $450 and the Chinese exclusive for $190!!!
Tell me where is the best deal when the high grade oils are on sale for $2500...

The OR1 was sold for around $450-490.... it was a good deal for all parties concerned. It helped launch a name and a company.

Ammar

True Ouddict
And sorry to say but it's not the best deal in the oud history!
The best deal was made when Oud Royale I was on sale for $550, the Borneo3000 for $450 and the Chinese exclusive for $190!!!
Tell me where is the best deal when the high grade oils are on sale for $2500...

Then you should be thankful that you were able to grab all the deals of the century from the same vendor whom his oils make around 75% of your entire collection if not even more instead of whining about re-releasing a great aged oil of high public demands with higher price than its original one yet still reasonable and great value which by the way this oil and others like Archipelago and few from other vendors are not just "you get what you've paid for" instead they are some sort in the category of "you get MORE than what you've paid for" which make the discussion of value here is slightly vague.

I mean you are fine buying these days ++$400 bottles of freshly distilled oils from other vendors why the reluctance here. If certain vendor personality or his way of advertising or some beef related to personal reasons apart from their products quality wreck your nerves then you have problem of how you comprehend objectivity. I myself have problems with some vendors’ attitude yet it’s MY problem that should not prevent me from objective analysis of the quality of their product and overall value; afterall this is their job, vision and way of living . For the $2500 oils just simply stay away from them they are neither distilled for you nor for me.

You take things too personally. I suggest taking deep breath, letting the beef behind and following the attitude of @Ouddict and @Habz786...

Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
Yes guys if we are going to discuss something lets make it worth while and objective. For example someone contacted Ensar Oud about buying TW95 but was told it was sold out. They are now confused and think this maybe a different batch/oil hence why i mentioned it.

jalil

Oud bully
this technik to falsely sold out and re-lauch later is just to control the second hand market and maintain pressure on the buyer.

Loop
Maybe its a 1st April fools?!

04/01/2017
View attachment 598

07/06/2016
View attachment 597
Then you should be thankful that you were able to grab all the deals of the century from the same vendor whom his oils make around 75% of your entire collection if not even more instead of whining about re-releasing a great aged oil of high public demands with higher price than its original one yet still reasonable and great value which by the way this oil and others like Archipelago and few from other vendors are not just "you get what you've paid for" instead they are some sort in the category of "you get MORE than what you've paid for" which make the discussion of value here is slightly vague.

I mean you are fine buying these days ++$400 bottles of freshly distilled oils from other vendors why the reluctance here. If certain vendor personality or his way of advertising or some beef related to personal reasons apart from their products quality wreck your nerves then you have problem of how you comprehend objectivity. I myself have problems with some vendors’ attitude yet it’s MY problem that should not prevent me from objective analysis of the quality of their product and overall value; afterall this is their job, vision and way of living . For the $2500 oils just simply stay away from them they are neither distilled for you nor for me.

You take things too personally. I suggest taking deep breath, letting the beef behind and following the attitude of @Ouddict and @Habz786...

How you know and sure this oil are aged for 20 Years and 15 years and 30 years and how you know the fresh oils? Buy smelling or what? How this huge of crazy aged oil keep come and didn't finish ever, I will be thankful if you give me the answer...

Ouddict

this technik to falsely sold out and re-lauch later is just to control the second hand market and maintain pressure on the buyer.
Loop

How you know and sure this oil are aged for 20 Years and 15 years and 30 years and how you know the fresh oils? Buy smelling or what? How this huge of crazy aged oil keep come and didn't finish ever, I will be thankful if you give me the answer...

I have always wondered about this. Not sure how it is possible to claim an oil is from a specific year in the 1990s, except taking a distiller's word for it... But I take the age with a pinch of salt as I don't know the age for sure.

I think a more accurate approach would be to estimate the age based on experience.

firdaous

Oud Kinamic
Guys I personally own tigerwood95 and the ratio price/quality was never in question even if it is not the oud of the decade IMO.
But pretending making a discount on it while it is the original price..it's considering oud consumers as stupid IMO.
And directly when a well known member is trying to sell his ouds for the same amount...

Last edited:

Ammar

True Ouddict

Exactly the same way as how you know that Meitei was distilled in 2005-2006 or Malay Encens was distilled in 2007. It's based on your trust of the vendor.

Ammar

True Ouddict
Yes guys if we are going to discuss something lets make it worth while and objective. For example someone contacted Ensar Oud about buying TW95 but was told it was sold out. They are now confused and think this maybe a different batch/oil hence why i mentioned it.

"Yes, it is identically the same oil, however my China contact finally agreed to grace us with a bit more from his private collection (hence it being available on pre-order basis only).

Coincidentally, after months of bugging him, he mentioned if he ever gives more he will have to charge double, as he considered the first lot as well as this as "gifts of friendship" rather than moneymaking..... So not wanting to offer it for $700+ down the line, I think this will be the last of it that we'll see..."

~Ensar

Exactly the same way as how you know that Meitei was distilled in 2005-2006 or Malay Encens was distilled in 2007. It's based on your trust of the vendor.

Sometime I think better to other vendors to change distillation date it will be great idea because many ppl love old dates I will wait 10 years and this old oils I swear they will not finish ! , just ask the vendor you trust him about legend oils they are not have anymore he will give you the private link on web site for 2500$ oils...

Last edited:

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
"Yes, it is identically the same oil, however my China contact finally agreed to grace us with a bit more from his private collection (hence it being available on pre-order basis only).

Coincidentally, after months of bugging him, he mentioned if he ever gives more he will have to charge double, as he considered the first lot as well as this as "gifts of friendship" rather than moneymaking..... So not wanting to offer it for $700+ down the line, I think this will be the last of it that we'll see..."

~Ensar

It looks fair !
Need to know China !

Ouddict

Sometime I think better to other vendors to change distillation date it will be great idea because many ppl love old dates I will wait 10 years and this old oils I swaer they will not finish ! , just ask the vendor you trust him about legend oils they are not have anymore he will give you the private link on web site for 2500$ oils...

What private link?

Ouddict

Sorry guys... I have to delete some of these posts as they contravene forum rules. If you have bought Tigerwood then comment. Otherwise don't.