What do we feel about cost of Oud oils?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.P, Aug 3, 2016.

?

What do we feel about cost of Oud oil?

1. Way Overpriced

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. High

28 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Unreasonable

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Fair

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  5. Cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Way too cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

It has to be a new batch for sure.

Habz786 likes this.
  2. Ouddict

The OR1 was sold for around $450-490.... it was a good deal for all parties concerned. It helped launch a name and a company.

Mandeel AlMandeel, Ammar and Habz786 like this.
  3. Ammar

Ammar Oud Fan

Then you should be thankful that you were able to grab all the deals of the century from the same vendor whom his oils make around 75% of your entire collection if not even more instead of whining about re-releasing a great aged oil of high public demands with higher price than its original one yet still reasonable and great value which by the way this oil and others like Archipelago and few from other vendors are not just "you get what you've paid for" instead they are some sort in the category of "you get MORE than what you've paid for" which make the discussion of value here is slightly vague.

I mean you are fine buying these days ++$400 bottles of freshly distilled oils from other vendors why the reluctance here. If certain vendor personality or his way of advertising or some beef related to personal reasons apart from their products quality wreck your nerves then you have problem of how you comprehend objectivity. I myself have problems with some vendors’ attitude yet it’s MY problem that should not prevent me from objective analysis of the quality of their product and overall value; afterall this is their job, vision and way of living . For the $2500 oils just simply stay away from them they are neither distilled for you nor for me.

You take things too personally. I suggest taking deep breath, letting the beef behind and following the attitude of @Ouddict and @Habz786...

Tarik likes this.
  4. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Yes guys if we are going to discuss something lets make it worth while and objective. For example someone contacted Ensar Oud about buying TW95 but was told it was sold out. They are now confused and think this maybe a different batch/oil hence why i mentioned it.

Ouddict, Mandeel AlMandeel and Ammar like this.
  5. jalil

jalil Oud bully Staff Member

this technik to falsely sold out and re-lauch later is just to control the second hand market and maintain pressure on the buyer.

6. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

Loop

How you know and sure this oil are aged for 20 Years and 15 years and 30 years and how you know the fresh oils? Buy smelling or what? How this huge of crazy aged oil keep come and didn't finish ever, I will be thankful if you give me the answer...

Ouddict likes this.
  7. Ouddict

I have always wondered about this. Not sure how it is possible to claim an oil is from a specific year in the 1990s, except taking a distiller's word for it... But I take the age with a pinch of salt as I don't know the age for sure.

I think a more accurate approach would be to estimate the age based on experience.

Mandeel AlMandeel and Habz786 like this.
  8. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

@Mandeel AlMandeel it all comes down to trust, when oils are bought and resold you are simply taking peoples word for it. There can be no real certainty of the age of an oil unless one has had it from when it was distilled/released

Mandeel AlMandeel and Ammar like this.
  9. firdaous

firdaous Oud Kinamic

Guys I personally own tigerwood95 and the ratio price/quality was never in question even if it is not the oud of the decade IMO.
    But pretending making a discount on it while it is the original price..it's considering oud consumers as stupid IMO.
    And directly when a well known member is trying to sell his ouds for the same amount...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Habz786 and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  10. Ammar

Ammar Oud Fan

Exactly the same way as how you know that Meitei was distilled in 2005-2006 or Malay Encens was distilled in 2007. It's based on your trust of the vendor.

kooolaid79 and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  11. Ammar

Ammar Oud Fan

"Yes, it is identically the same oil, however my China contact finally agreed to grace us with a bit more from his private collection (hence it being available on pre-order basis only).

Coincidentally, after months of bugging him, he mentioned if he ever gives more he will have to charge double, as he considered the first lot as well as this as "gifts of friendship" rather than moneymaking..... So not wanting to offer it for $700+ down the line, I think this will be the last of it that we'll see..."

~Ensar

PEARL and F4R1d0uX like this.
  12. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek Staff Member

Sometime I think better to other vendors to change distillation date it will be great idea because many ppl love old dates I will wait 10 years and this old oils I swear they will not finish ! , just ask the vendor you trust him about legend oils they are not have anymore he will give you the private link on web site for 2500$ oils...

firdaous and Habz786 like this.
  13. Ammar

Ammar Oud Fan

Thank you for telling me! Then I have the hope of testing these olde in the future when I have the fund...

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  14. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

It looks fair !
    Need to know China !

15. Ouddict

What private link?

16. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan

Guys can we just stop with this subject, Ensar can sell for whatever he likes and people who purchased Oud as investments can do the same. We have a poll/thread where Oud prices can be discussed as well as Oud being an investment.

Thank You

17. Ouddict

Sorry guys... I have to delete some of these posts as they contravene forum rules. If you have bought Tigerwood then comment. Otherwise don't.

Habz786 likes this.
  18. Bengal Roots

Bengal Roots Resident Artisan

To be honest TW95 is a great oil for the price. What if he decided to sell the remaining batch for some reason! lot of vendors do...

PEARL, Tarik and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  19. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

I have to agree,regardless,TW95 is well worth its price...

20. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

Akhi Mandeel. Why would you want to do that? This is cheating and whoever does this will have to answer to the one above. If you don't trust a vendor then don't buy from him. Thats all! All these ideas of changing the dates is irrelevant and does not need to be mentioned. TR is a fabulous oil and I got the chance to buy 2.

Ouddict and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.

Promote Oud!