Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
Thanks to @Goodness Nose , i always like when members and especially vendors/distillers share with eachother and dont see eachother as enemies, as well as giving a like or a positive comment on a new product or project.
I encourage this and thank you to everyone who contributes to this.
Totally agree with this sentiment. Never have I witnessed this in any other venture with competitors. Truly a labor of love for all concerned.

language scent

True Woodict
Waiting for an Ensar Oud Wang Liao Kuo unopened 2.5g bottle…I remember it being beautiful and had this leeche note that I like a lot. Smelled this oil back in 2019 and I remember it being the one out of many in the bunch that I liked for being bright and pretty compared to the funky dark other ones in the samples packs. Oil was distilled in 2017 so it should have aged lovely too. I hope it will not give me ugly side effects like most oils do, hopefully it won’t have any side effects like my favorite “oud ertugrul” oil. Same price range so I pulled the trigger and risked it. This is one of the many gorgeous details of ouddict tho someone if not me will enjoy it

Xerohome

Oud Beginner
Waiting for an Ensar Oud Wang Liao Kuo unopened 2.5g bottle…I remember it being beautiful and had this leeche note that I like a lot. Smelled this oil back in 2019 and I remember it being the one out of many in the bunch that I liked for being bright and pretty compared to the funky dark other ones in the samples packs. Oil was distilled in 2017 so it should have aged lovely too. I hope it will not give me ugly side effects like most oils do, hopefully it won’t have any side effects like my favorite “oud ertugrul” oil. Same price range so I pulled the trigger and risked it. This is one of the many gorgeous details of ouddict tho someone if not me will enjoy it
I remember that I tried WLK in 2021, and it was coming with multiple oud samples I purchased it at that time from EO, and this one was an absolute favorite from the bunch with TW 1990. It was sweet fruity oud in the vien of Thai oud, different from what i've tried previously from Laos.
hope you will find it aged more beautifully than before : )

zahir

Ouducation Student
What side effects did you get from Oud Ertugrul?

Shiningrobes

Oud Beginner
I’m waiting for so many things right I can’t remember them all!
Highlights include samples of most of the animalics from MESoud
and the Hawaiian Sandal from Rising Phoenix. Plus lots of florals from various sellers.

I lost my sense of smell during Covid last fall and it reset my olfactory sense.

I’m holding off on Oud or any big purchases while I retrain my nose, mostly chasing single notes so I can indentify notes that I smell in more complex material.

Ibn Abdillah

True Ouddict
I’m waiting for so many things right I can’t remember them all!
Highlights include samples of most of the animalics from MESoud
and the Hawaiian Sandal from Rising Phoenix. Plus lots of florals from various sellers.

I lost my sense of smell during Covid last fall and it reset my olfactory sense.

I’m holding off on Oud or any big purchases while I retrain my nose, mostly chasing single notes so I can indentify notes that I smell in more complex material.

I hope you like and enjoy all the scents,but I expect it will turn out well inshaa-Allah:)

Regarding your lost of smell, usually this has to do with a zinc deficiency.
Seafood, especially oysters, but also other shellfish are an excellent source of zinc. Pumpkin seeds are also a good source which are easy to take daily a bit off.
Vitamins C and A are good synergists of zinc, so it is certainly good to add foods rich in this vitamins to your daily diet.

In addition, it is good to smell different scents each time until your sense of smell returns.

Last edited:

Ibn Abdillah

True Ouddict
@Ibn Abdillah Thanks. Just to clarify, I only lost my sense of smell for two weeks, but it’s different now. Things that smelled sweet before aren’t but other things are. If anything my nose is better or maybe it just got a well needed rest.

Your welcome.
Yes it is possible that some things smell other then usual, it has to do with the connection with the brain and your sensory cells.
You may develop a (temporary) disorder due to illness or other causes, such as hormonal imbalance. As a result the connection with the brain no longer works optimally, thats why you smell and/or taste things different or no more.

A rule of thumb is: hormonal imbalance = stress = degeneration.
and the opposite
Hormonal balance= rest= regeneration.

So eat healthy, sleep well and avoid al forms of stress as many as you can

Last edited:

Goodness Nose

True Ouddict
New gems in the collection. huge thanks to @RisingPhoenix for the chance to smell a vintage oudh!

Kepi 2022 (right) Dhansiri Ateek 1987 (left)

Attachments

• 20240429_202403.jpg
    20240429_202403.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 56

Shiningrobes

Oud Beginner
And… anticipation averted. Thank you! @RisingPhoenix and @mesOUD for selling such high quality materials. I knew JK’ s shop was great, but this was my first purchase from mesOUD and DEFINITELY not my last. I’m already calculating my next order. And thanks for selling things in sample sizes. That’s really important for someone like me who has very little money and a greedy, greedy nose. I can’t wait to sample other vendors on here. I’m so grateful for this website and having access to so much wisdom and so many great sellers.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpeg
    IMG_0512.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0515.jpeg
    IMG_0515.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 37

McOudtrade

Oud Fanatic
Very curious what your initial thoughts were! 😍
Right! I totally forgot to post
I've forgotten a lot of the detail so I'll reapply now and try to remember this time. But I was very happy with, and intrigued by, this oil. I do remember minty camphor nose feel (not smell) on the opening, and a very memorable fizzy pop note in the middle, not too much cola more like a Ramune. No barn notes at all and very clean scent, I'd say medium depth from my memory which is good for something so light to still have that depth.
That's what I remember at least :)
Edit: Thought I'd add now, that the main oud note itself IS of a very different and unique kind

Last edited: