Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
I enjoy cooking here are some beef burgers i made today, they may not look so great but tasted fab :santa:

20170522_191241-01.jpeg

MzM

Oud King
How do you all upload pics? Everything I upload it says the images are too big...does someone need to increase my upload limit?

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
JK, that invite to your place in Georgia sounding better by the minute. : )

Haha - well, it's a serious invite. If someone wants to swing by - please do shoot me a message. We've got a spare bedroom in a 200+ year old log cabin for out of town folks. No kidding - you'll feel like you're on a mountain retreat. In cold weather with the huge stone fireplace going...ok - I'm already wanting Fall to return. haha The heat and humidity have been killing me!

I actually just had a local guy swing by yesterday - had a good time for a good hour and a half burning through woods and sniffing oils. I think I sent him off on an olfactory high that I'm not sure would pass a sobriety test. hehe

A few weeks back met another local guy at a great coffee shop not too far from where I live, and we had a grand ole time for several hours just kicking around Oud, coffee and tea stories. Really makes me wish we had more of an Oudoisseur (TM! haha) presence here in Georgia. Would be fun to have some bonfires and communal Oud sessions (we have a huge bonfire pit, as well) over tea or coffee! Cook up a storm, while we're at it.

OK - I repeat - open invite to anyone who wants to plan a trip to the ATL. You can even get some Acupuncture while you're here...like a full on retreat center! haha

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
I feel you bros for the coffee jitters , What I personally do is I weigh 7 grams per cup ( dedicated barista would say 8 but if roast is dark I go with 7 if light 8 ) , and coffee will not be strong after , I make my coffee so weak that my friends laugh at me , but there is a method to the madness cause the weaker brews of coffee the aromatic nuances are more detectable.
I was born with a fishing Rod when Mama gave birth to me , or maybe it's the Bengali in me. The beauty of fishing is silence , the mind connects to nature , birds singing , splashing of water when fish hits top water flies , silences is mystically connected with the soul and mind connects to the inner self , then the fish hits the rod and the fire alarm rings and the drill commence to real the fish in , when you spoke about silence you made me smile and connected to me when I fish. Can't fish yet here in Montreal , water levels are still high but soon.
Bonsai tree's always intrigued me , I have a friend who was into Bonsai's , when I saw how he trained them and pruning them , for moment I said " Bros looks like you are in a Barber shop and cutting some ones hair and he was speaking to them" literally he was speaking to the Bonsai's when he is attending to them , as a Sufi that gave me de ja Vu , cause Heard many stories of Sufi Sadu in South East Asia that spoke to plants & trees learning the medicinal aspects of the plant or tree , ( God knows how they did that ,I joked to my Uncle that they probably consumed something that gave them visual hallucinations , lol ) ,
Sorry for me ranting away , I do that sometimes , My bad , Once again you made me smile today , Have a great Weekend :Thumbsup:

hehe - Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll jam to some music while I'm trimming away - or find myself having conversations with the moss and trees while some inexpensive incense burns away to help keep the bugs at bay.

I do the same thing you do with your coffee sometimes. When it's strong, you don't pick up the nuance so much. A lighter brew helps to bring the flavors to the forefront. I generally drink mine black (I like my coffee like I like my women - dark and strong?) - but a hint of sweetness is sometimes in the cards. I generally use a special Japanese beet sugar. I don't do to well on sweet stuff - but I find this particular beet sugar isn't too unfriendly to me.

And GOD do I love to fish. The silence of just sitting there with a pole out and away from all the people and the noise is really something wonderful. Bring your poles when you visit, Bengal - lots of lakes around here, as well as the Chattahoochee to fly fish on. Some gorgeous nature around these parts!

MzM

Oud King
Haha - well, it's a serious invite. If someone wants to swing by - please do shoot me a message. We've got a spare bedroom in a 200+ year old log cabin for out of town folks. No kidding - you'll feel like you're on a mountain retreat. In cold weather with the huge stone fireplace going...ok - I'm already wanting Fall to return. haha The heat and humidity have been killing me!

I actually just had a local guy swing by yesterday - had a good time for a good hour and a half burning through woods and sniffing oils. I think I sent him off on an olfactory high that I'm not sure would pass a sobriety test. hehe

A few weeks back met another local guy at a great coffee shop not too far from where I live, and we had a grand ole time for several hours just kicking around Oud, coffee and tea stories. Really makes me wish we had more of an Oudoisseur (TM! haha) presence here in Georgia. Would be fun to have some bonfires and communal Oud sessions (we have a huge bonfire pit, as well) over tea or coffee! Cook up a storm, while we're at it.

OK - I repeat - open invite to anyone who wants to plan a trip to the ATL. You can even get some Acupuncture while you're here...like a full on retreat center! haha
This is very kind of you brother. I am a lover of Oud and Road trips and I will take you up on your offer it's just a matter of when. : ) Would you say the best time would be Fall and Winter?

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
This is very kind of you brother. I am a lover of Oud and Road trips and I will take you up on your offer it's just a matter of when. : ) Would you say the best time would be Fall and Winter?

The humidity gets a little overbearing in the warmer months.

Fall is gorgeous out here - and the cooler weather of Winter is coupled beautifully by wood fires - and Oud loves the cold!

Last edited:

Royalbengalouds

Resident Artisan
The humidity gets a little overbearing in the warmer months.

Fall is gorgeous out here - and the cooler weather of Winter is coupled beautifully by wood fires - and Oud loves the cold!
Sounds Like Quebec , Autumn is the best time of year in Quebec also , the trees are turning and the Colors are Majestic , and Best time to catch monster Walleye ( As you can see I Am a fishing fanatic ,must be the Bengali in me lol ) , winters are not bad , Ice Fishing for 5 Species of trout & maple syrup is awesome in winter, and Best time to wear oud is -30 Bros no Joke ,