Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Happy New Year , Ouddictians

I wanted to share something today regarding one of the most beautiful flowers out there.

One day- Luca Turin- the famous biophysicist and famous perfume reviewer said that lily of the valley oils donot exist- he WAS RIGHT- until recently however some perfumers attempted to enfleurage lily of the valley and got good results.

A perfumer in Spain successfully created the enfleurage which is potent and smells true of the flower.

However, his enfleurage still cannot be used because they still have traces of glycosides.

Using solvent extraction or distillation cannot yield a good result with lily of the valley because its too delicate on one hand and it has lethal toxic chemicals called glycosides- which can kill an adult human by affecting enzymatic functions of the heart- it was always avoided in perfumery. While enfleurage product have less of those, they still are present in trace amounts as per preliminary GCMS data.

perfumers so far replicated its scent using dopplegangers and synthetic lily of the vallery accords-

i am working on a project these days to enfleurage lily of the valley and then perform vaccum molecular distillation to remove the remaining toxic glycosides from the lily of the valley- IF I SUCCEED GOD WILLING- then maybe we will have a usable lily of the valley enfluerage oil that is actually potentially usable in perfumes.

I will keep you updated:)

happy new year!!

TDK

Oud Fanatic
Lily Of The Valley has always been one of my favorite scents. These little flowers were plentiful growing up in Michigan. The fragrance was so beautiful but I was always warned that they were poisonous.

Good luck on your venture. Let me know if you have success. I would be in for a bottle. Not sure how I would use it but I would like some. Maybe I would sprinkle some about or enjoy it on someone else. Peace

Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Lily Of The Valley has always been one of my favorite scents. These little flowers were plentiful growing up in Michigan. The fragrance was so beautiful but I was always warned that they were poisonous.

Good luck on your venture. Let me know if you have success. I would be in for a bottle. Not sure how I would use it but I would like some. Maybe I would sprinkle some about or enjoy it on someone else. Peace

thank you Sir for the interest
Ill keep you updated))

TDK

Oud Fanatic
Nice work. I have never seen a good distillation done before without synthetics. What is the longevity on this?

Philip

Oud Fan
I purchased a lily of the valley enfleurage some time ago from an independent artisan who is completely not affilated with this forum. It was a valiant attempt at an enfleurage - but it did not come out well. The scent was entirely too weak.

@Elixir Attar I am looking forward to this; wishing you success and hoping you will be able to release this for purchase soon

Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
I purchased a lily of the valley enfleurage some time ago from an independent artisan who is completely not affilated with this forum. It was a valiant attempt at an enfleurage - but it did not come out well. The scent was entirely too weak.

@Elixir Attar I am looking forward to this; wishing you success and hoping you will be able to release this for purchase soon
You mean the Spanish perfumer?
His was an enfleurage pomade (rather in oil)
But not an enfleurage absolute,
And thats why the scent was weak

will update you when i have it ready 100%
🙂