Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
Moss Garden by Shoyeido. A daily burn simple incense. Sometimes it's so subtle you can't tell it's burning and before you know it it's finished. Other times it's very noticeable. Depends on the space I'm burning it in. I use this one to clean the air when my partner and I are away for a night staying in a hotel. Does the job.😁👍

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
Kangiiten Blue Lotus. Sweet. This is my first time smelling blue lotus so I have nothing to compare it too. Not what I would normally get into but thought I'd give it a go for something different. Clearly floral. Sharp honey notes? It's nice.

Attachments

• PXL_20240227_041729065.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20240227_041729065.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 15

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Umeshoin by Gyokushodo. Very, very nice old world Vietnamese aloeswood that actually reminded me somewhat of Kyara from the Enju stick, but not quite, but very similar, a very rare wild Vietnamese sinking scent, with a very strong woodiness to it as well as the aloeswood creaminess and Indian sandalwood creaminess. Spicy and sweet, with a sour edge that is pleasurable. The Vietnamese aloeswood smells a lot like the creaminess from Prof. Incense Ambon Soil sticks, a nice calming type of aloeswood cream. Truly a complex stick. The aloeswood ticks the boxes... woody? Yes. Creamy? Yes. Berries? Somewhat yes as I delve deeper into listening to it while typing, and a nice resinous note that is absolutely beautiful, with a nice zanginess to it.

The sandalwood in the stick is absolutely gorgeous too, it is just right, creamy, gourmet and woody. Fitting quality for sinking old world Vietnamese aloeswood, and only £95.99 for 100 sticks? I am definitely going to try and grab a full box of these as I am just going through the sample back just now.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Kangiiten Blue Lotus. Sweet. This is my first time smelling blue lotus so I have nothing to compare it too. Not what I would normally get into but thought I'd give it a go for something different. Clearly floral. Sharp honey notes? It's nice.
I forget what its supposed to actually smell like, because I would smoke it for its slight psychoactive effects (btw if you are going to do this, make sure you get high quality blue lotus and the right blue lotus, I didnt like the effects one bit), but the grounded flowers I had was of a flowery, blue nature. Kind of like lilac, I guess?

Last edited:

TheOudDood

Not that Brandon
Craft Incense - Tarakan and Jayapura.

Really digging these sticks and profiles. I find the aroma lingers in my space into the next day. Clear monkoh representation of the regional profile. Need to grab more soon.

It may be a blasphemous to say but I enjoy these more than the sticks from Dr Incense.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
Shoyeido. Nijo, Avenue of the Villa - Horin range. This is the first stick I have ever burned with this box from the Horin range, but it was outstanding, the quality of sandalwood used is phenomenal!!! Firstly it started off with insane florals (no sandalwood yet, but maybe as I use 1 every other week or so I will be able to pick out all the notes better), kind of like, lilac, lavender, maybe rose? They gave me colours of, baby blue, white, pink and light pink, the florals made it nice and fresh, it felt like the freshness of the flowers after a heavy rain in the summer. Then after a few mins notes of the sandalwood appeared, they came in bursts every few mins of very rich cream, then each time a creamy note came out and went back it would come out faster and faster, then eventually the florals went into the back (with still a HUGE presence) and the sandalwood notes were out of this world... a rich vanilla, ice cream milkshake-like creamy note, with a butteriness that was like a quiet "bomb" going off, it didn't upset the vanilla creaminess, but gave a nice, and very, very rich butteriness on the side, with the creamy vanilla ice cream milkshake being most dominant.

I cant wait to study these Horin sticks more and more and get used to the profile of this spectacular sandalwood Horin stick!!!

This could potentially be one of the favourites out the Horin range. Alas, I need to try Muromachi, City of Culture (aloeswood) and the other sandalwoods, before I can make a final judgement on what my favourite aloeswood stick is from the Horin range, when I try Muromachi when it comes back in stock for me, then I will decide if it is Genroku, Tenpyo or Muromachi and when I have tried all the sandalwoods, I will give you my favourite out of the 3 of them too, from 1 to 3. Although, I may find that a bit hard, harder than the aloeswoods, as all the sandalwood ones are very high quality sandalwoods just with different ingredients added on, but I will still have a favourite ofc. Again, it is harder to find a favourite sandalwood out in this range as all 3 are using similar premium quality sandalwood, just different ratios and different ingredients, like one of them uses frankincense... which will be my next one :D.

Olfactory Nomad

True Ouddict
Shoyeido. Nijo, Avenue of the Villa - Horin range. This is the first stick I have ever burned with this box from the Horin range, but it was outstanding, the quality of sandalwood used is phenomenal!!! Firstly it started off with insane florals (no sandalwood yet, but maybe as I use 1 every other week or so I will be able to pick out all the notes better), kind of like, lilac, lavender, maybe rose? They gave me colours of, baby blue, white, pink and light pink, the florals made it nice and fresh, it felt like the freshness of the flowers after a heavy rain in the summer. Then after a few mins notes of the sandalwood appeared, they came in bursts every few mins of very rich cream, then each time a creamy note came out and went back it would come out faster and faster, then eventually the florals went into the back (with still a HUGE presence) and the sandalwood notes were out of this world... a rich vanilla, ice cream milkshake-like creamy note, with a butteriness that was like a quiet "bomb" going off, it didn't upset the vanilla creaminess, but gave a nice, and very, very rich butteriness on the side, with the creamy vanilla ice cream milkshake being most dominant.

I cant wait to study these Horin sticks more and more and get used to the profile of this spectacular sandalwood Horin stick!!!

This could potentially be one of the favourites out the Horin range. Alas, I need to try Muromachi, City of Culture (aloeswood) and the other sandalwoods, before I can make a final judgement on what my favourite aloeswood stick is from the Horin range, when I try Muromachi when it comes back in stock for me, then I will decide if it is Genroku, Tenpyo or Muromachi and when I have tried all the sandalwoods, I will give you my favourite out of the 3 of them too, from 1 to 3. Although, I may find that a bit hard, harder than the aloeswoods, as all the sandalwood ones are very high quality sandalwoods just with different ingredients added on, but I will still have a favourite ofc. Again, it is harder to find a favourite sandalwood out in this range as all 3 are using similar premium quality sandalwood, just different ratios and different ingredients, like one of them uses frankincense... which will be my next one :D.
This is next on my list to try from the Horin range but now I'm not so sure? I've decided I don't like the Blue Lotus at all. Waaay to flowery. It now reminds me of clothes after a night of clubbing. Stale cigarrete and cheap perfume.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
This is next on my list to try from the Horin range but now I'm not so sure? I've decided I don't like the Blue Lotus at all. Waaay to flowery. It now reminds me of clothes after a night of clubbing. Stale cigarrete and cheap perfume.
This doesn't smell like that lol. These florals are much more fresh, they are quite strong, but they are very fresh scented. Comparable to Kyara florals.