Mr.P

oud<3er
Yamada Matsu AA aloeswood powder purchased in 2001. I prefer the scent of this powder or to the AA wood pieces I bought at the same time. The pieces have a more labdanum/barnyard quality which my nose is especially sensitive to. The powder has a nice balanced sweetness, pretty clean scent with a rich bitter mineral note rising for a while before transitioning to a bright tangy woody tail as the scent of the resins and wood fibers come to the foreground.

I have included pics of the powder and a couple of pieces for your consideration.

Attachments

• 1A435D39-E6B4-4BF1-A174-0A8655AFCC13.jpeg
    1A435D39-E6B4-4BF1-A174-0A8655AFCC13.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Cambodian Char

A placed it under running hot water once, and the aroma reminded me of
IO Koh Kong Imperiale,
so I guess it’s from the Koh Kong region.

Very enjoyable, and sad to see a lack of Koh Kong chips on the market.

Sproaty

Sproudy
Staff member
Some piece I'd pulled out to burn a few months ago except my burner wasn't working, and I just left it at that.
Well, turns out that one of the wires had came loose and uncoiled itself from the metal base of the heater, which is what transmits the electric from the power supply into the heating unit.
I stripped away some of the wire sheathing and wrapped it around the base...and ta-da! Working again
3-4 months of not using my heater because of that. I don't know what it is I'm heating but smells great :)

My mother always said that I was intelligent but had no common sense. 100% correct.

Want another example?

Last week I paid an £80 callout fee to a boiler repair company...to come and turn my boiler on at the switch.
One day I went to work, had washed my dishes in the morning, and when I got home my hot water wasn't working.
It took me 2 weeks to get in touch with a company to come out and fix it. (I haven't used my heating this year and take daily cold showers, so I was just missing taking the occasional bath and having to wash my dishes w/ cold water (or boiling the kettle if it was a bit harder to clean) - so didn't feel much of a need to get it fixed immediately)

No idea why but the switch for my boiler (which is located in my bathroom upstairs) is in my kitchen. I've been having smoothies for breakfast so I think I put the smoothie glass jug against the wall and must've knocked the switch off.
I could have cried, but at least it wasn't a £2,000 new boiler at the end of the day. Ended up laughing pretty hard at myself

So yeah...finally sitting here with some oud burning! Lovely.
I can finally burn these kyara pieces I'd bought ages ago only for them to sit on my table as expensive ornaments 😁. I'm an idiot