Taesik Yun

Attar Yun
Staff member
Mellifluence - Tsuga musk imperial
it's very hard to describe the scent.
tons of musks, labdanum, pine, some florals, and many other materials I can't pick up.
very furry, refreshing, comforting like the cuddly hug of a deer in a coniferous forest.
I usually don't like the heavy dosage of labdanum that used in many of Abdullah's heavy oils but I like it in this one.
I hope it to have more purple, blue quality though. maybe a bit from purple leather and spirit of naarda 2.

Night swipe,
White Lotus Aromatics Indonesian sandalwood oil. It has a similarity to a vintage sandalwood oil from Magnus Mabee and Reynard.

Lorenz_156

Oud Fan
AA Kelantan
AA Khashab

Kelantan: Bee pollen and a coke like sparkling with the spicyness of cumin and vanilla (I know there is no Cumin but I get the spiciness of that), vanilla shortbread with caramelised dried orange peel and a pinch of cinnamon. It gets more milky in the dry down and a musky Malay profile pushes trough paired with that typical AA Malay "freeze" (especially if you take a deep breath). I can also sense a little smoke in the background.

Khashab: like a freshly cut pine or fir tree, smells like the really fresh sap. Oscillates between sparkling frankincense and warm woody resins.

I actually like both but the Khashab is wow!

Bryan-I

True Ouddict
Co-distilled Oils by Natural Pure Aroma (Mr Ziyad):

Today's evening, I wore two oils/ attars.
1. Ceylon Sandal and Frangipani distilled in Agarwood hydrosol; this is why three individual tones don't smell scattered at all.

2. Ceylon Santal and Vanilla! It is an absolutely new experience that my memory has got registered. Ziyad's mastery of distilling Ceylon Santal is flawless, but these new ventures, Co-distillation and blending freshly distilled oils in separator, are loveable.

This man and his oils made me understand the differences in copper distilled and stainless steel pot distilled oils and hydro and steam distillations.
He normally offers a sample pack in December that I order every year. Some of his sandalwoods could be mistaken for ouds. This sample pack and Zak's Ramadan special are the two yearly offerings that put a lot of vendors to shame considering price and quality.

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
Unfortunately after sampling I just don't like it at all.
For some of us(myself included), agar aura has certain high level ouds that really take time to smell in their fullness. A full week of micro swipes and dee breathing, then put it away for two weeks. Something crazy seems to happen when you put it back out. It’s like a brand new oud. Everything is turned up to the max. Still no guarantee that you’ll enjoy the scent profile. But it does change. Myitkyina 4K is my favorite recent release. Super powerful, brain-bending Spivey-woody-Berry-wine-Kinam is how it comes across to me now.

have you tried Agar Aura ouds that you like or is this one of the first?

what are some of your favorite oils in general?

also— hi!