Bonjt

Oud Beginner
Me too, its kinda “russian roulette”, you dont know if you get it. I paid, my bank account was loading and then erorr, its already sold out. Bookmarking this topic in case of review….

zahir

Ouducation Student
Are his perfumes that good? I know he uses rare ingredients and the price of the perfumes despite those ingredients in insanely cheap but is the overall quality and composition of the perfume there? I've tried a small number of perfumes from Taha (Agar Aura) but they don't quite 'flow' or transition as well as mainstream perfumery.

Kolalid

True Ouddict
Are his perfumes that good? I know he uses rare ingredients and the price of the perfumes despite those ingredients in insanely cheap but is the overall quality and composition of the perfume there? I've tried a small number of perfumes from Taha (Agar Aura) but they don't quite 'flow' or transition as well as mainstream perfumery.

I don’t have a strong opinion as I don’t have too much experience with ALD. I just heard many great things. That’s why I was hoping to test out the new collection to get a better idea of the brand.

Bonjt

Oud Beginner
I tested 3 perfumes from Feel Oud, what is collaboration of Russian Adam and Bortnikoff, all 3 are great. I have History of Indonesian Oud from him, what i also love, so im thinking this new musk realeases must be great

zahir

Ouducation Student
I tested 3 perfumes from Feel Oud, what is collaboration of Russian Adam and Bortnikoff, all 3 are great. I have History of Indonesian Oud from him, what i also love, so im thinking this new musk realeases must be great
I see. I realized I have his "Chinese Oud" which I want to sell on this forum. If you're interested, lmk. That might just overcome my procrastination to sell it 😅

Rogi_Again

Oud Fanatic
The new musk series is getting mixed reviews on the various forums. I think the jury is still out on whether this release will be as successful as the last one.

Ahmaoud

True Ouddict
The new musk series is getting mixed reviews on the various forums. I think the jury is still out on whether this release will be as successful as the last one.
The last one was technically being marketed for years before it was even released, because they were all re-releases. Not to mention made in a larger quantity so as to not be sold out as quickly, and preserving the same price, all of which made the offering incredibly enticing. I barely had any money when the originals came out, and I think I purchased them without much concern if I'm being honest.

I recently wore Ottoman Empire IV again, and while I adore the opening and the base, there's a straight yeasty smell in the middle, which I can't seem to ascribe any sort of sophistication to. It's a pity because the same scent for the first hour or so brings me intense joy!

Rogi_Again

Oud Fanatic
The last one was technically being marketed for years before it was even released, because they were all re-releases. Not to mention made in a larger quantity so as to not be sold out as quickly, and preserving the same price, all of which made the offering incredibly enticing. I barely had any money when the originals came out, and I think I purchased them without much concern if I'm being honest.

I recently wore Ottoman Empire IV again, and while I adore the opening and the base, there's a straight yeasty smell in the middle, which I can't seem to ascribe any sort of sophistication to. It's a pity because the same scent for the first hour or so brings me intense joy!
Yes but the risk with the previous release was that the new versions weren’t 100% replicas even though they were recreations. The process was kinda similar to what Ensar does when he replaces one rose with a different rose or one oud with a different oud. Take Chinese Oud II for example. It was described as one of the closest to the original but yet the oud used was different and this gave it a funkier more edgy (less smooth, less aged, less creamy) tone. Also Russian Oud II was less oudy but more chocolatey with lots more incense. Ottoman Empire IV has a totally different rose profile. Things like that. Walimah was a whole different story as not enough bottles were able to be made.

This new series is original but seems to not be as focused on the animalic as many hoped.

It’s too early to tell though. Gotta wait for more reviews.

Edit: I’m fortunate to not pick up that yeast note in OE. I’ve taken to layering it though so that would probably cancel the yeast anyhow.