Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer

Al Layl - The Night Fragrance
No perfumer can claim mastery until they have composed at least one night fragrance nor can any fragrance collection be complete without it. Our tradition boasts many fragrances composed specifically for the night and it is arguably one of the most challenging compositions. The night cannot be painted with citruses or florals nor does it entertain the conventional notes pyramid. The night is the majestic mix of cool breeze under bright stars, the sensual roaring warmth of the hearth, the scent of the fire place mixing with the condensation on a window looking out to a frozen lake.

https://www.alshareefoudh.com/product/al-layl/

color-link-48.png

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Sounds amazing and have already heard positive things. Any chance you can outline ingredients used?

Azizi, I'll share just a couple of ingredients, contains a very rare and top shelf Indonesian Oudh that we distilled few years back. This Oudh is one of the main components. It is dark, velvety, a face changer. You smell it one time smells a certain way then another time and it smells something else.

A touch of a very old vetiver that we have been sitting on, on smelling it neat it doesn't smell like vetiver at all, rather like grounded red wood. Amazing stuff.

As @Oudamberlove said, I don't wanna give too much away, as I have noted in the past when we do, then lots of copy cat activity follows, which we don't mind if they gave credit. However that's a different tail for a different night

Stanley

Oud Beginner
I just sampled this yesterday and am mesmerized. It's hard to explain but my first reaction was subdued at best but the longer I wore it, the more I wanted to smell it. By the end of the evening, I wanted more so I applied it again before going to bed. I may need a bottle of this...

Mr.P

oud<3er
I have a little sample of this - forgot all about it actually. I sniffed the bottle at first and did not get a strong impression of this blend's personality. it smelled like a mix of some subtle animal scents - I recall a thick and "fuzzy" base heavy scent, sweet like a little ambergris in there and almost like this is straight base note oils blend. I didn't swipe because I am not a big fan of these really heavy mixtures on my skin (not a judgement of quality just my personal taste) but maybe I should give it another look.

Stanley

Oud Beginner
I have a little sample of this - forgot all about it actually. I sniffed the bottle at first and did not get a strong impression of this blend's personality. it smelled like a mix of some subtle animal scents - I recall a thick and "fuzzy" base heavy scent, sweet like a little ambergris in there and almost like this is straight base note oils blend. I didn't swipe because I am not a big fan of these really heavy mixtures on my skin (not a judgement of quality just my personal taste) but maybe I should give it another look.

It is so different from the other ASO attars I sampled. It's definitely much quieter and more subtle, which suits the night-theme. It is quite smooth so I'm still trying to pick out individual notes.

Mr.P

oud<3er
I just wore his Ward attar yesterday. Really nice development in this oil - wish I had more.

found my layl bottle. Very thick sweet fuzzy smell... I didn't swipe this but got a strong whiff of clove oil when I smelled the cap. This oil is like all base note... a mellow ambergris scent pervades the base

update: Today I swiped a tad and I can swear I smell galbanum in the mix. And an oudy scent that reminds me of an oil from papua that I got from UNS fine crafts a while back. Not sure it actually has galbanum in it of course.

Last edited: