1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Zaza Zen By Ensar Review

Discussion in 'General' started by humbll, Sep 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Rezwan

Rezwan Whats this Oud About?

I love Ensar Oud, my experience with Ensar Oud has been amazing. I only buy artisanal oud oils from Ensar Oud with high confidence because I trust Ensar Oud. But I respect and love all the Oud artisans that we are blessed to have in our time. I would love to try oud oils from every vendor and support their artistry and love for oud.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Yaj, Ouddict and Woodland Note like this.
  2. Spaz

Spaz Whats this Oud About?

A great thing about Ouddict the forum and the individual, is the capacity for generosity of spirit - even towards Ensar. I respect and admire this quality. However, for me, Oud is more than just a scent, so I want to respect the personal integrity of the vendor.

Ouddict and Joe King like this.
  3. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

How’s the fruity sweet level on this one?

4. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

High

Arsalan likes this.
  5. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

I'd also add, condensed milk note on the dry down.

I personally like the top notes way more. But this is a great oil for the price. I bought all economic Ensar editions. People's pursat, aroha kush, etc. This one along with aroha kyaku are the best. (aroha first then this one}

This one has 20% of aroha kyaku's DNA I'd say.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

6. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Thanks for the responses @Edward jay Bullock & @AbuTominaga...
    Glad I asked...the sweet sugary fruity profile is just not for me... ;) The “green mintiness” mention in the description had me curious....

7. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

It's not a fruity sweet trat like.

The mentiness referred to is if you have smelled an aged high quality Prachin or a certain types of Cambodi. Not the typical ones.

Think aged quality Prachin opening that you'd sometimes mix up with Malaysian flavor... That's the mentiness n camphorus note in this oil. Those are the best top notes I'm getting with the resinous kyaku DNA.

Again, not sweet trat, not oud Yusuf like. Not at all.

Arsalan likes this.
  8. MrEleven1181

MrEleven1181 Oud Fan

What region would zaza zen come under ? Just been looking at my oils and noticed i know what region they all come from except zaza zen.

9. Rezwan

Rezwan Whats this Oud About?

Zaza Zen is distilled from 40 years old Aquilaria Crassnas, under Zaza Zen's description Ensar mentioned, "A departure from the typical apricot, peachy profiles of Indochinese ouds, Zaza Zen accentuates a soft green mintiness" so this could higly suggest that Zaza Zen is a indochinese oud and thus has a high chance it is probably from Cambodia or Thailand.

Osama Shaikh and MrEleven1181 like this.
  10. AbuTominaga

AbuTominaga Oud Gangster

Khao Yai - Thailand

Sample that region and you'll know.

MrEleven1181 likes this.
  11. Osama Shaikh

Osama Shaikh Just Arrived

When I asked to Adam Coburn about Zaza Zen. He replied me "Zaza Zen is a Thai oud, specifically Rayong."

AbuTominaga likes this.
  12. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Which makes sense bc so is oud extrodinnaire and they smell nearly identical besides a few notes...

13. Oud Diaries

Oud Diaries Whats this Oud About?

I've received samples of Oud Yaqoub, Oud Extraordinaire, Aroha Kyaku, Aroha d'Afrique, Zaza Zen and Namasoma.

As for Zaza Zen it's a beautiful oil that kicks much beyond its price tag. Thick and dark with a colour that resonates with its warm aroma. Very impressed - a sweet fruity opening that sustains throughout to then become a soft woody undertone. No funk and a safe oil before venturing into the deep and intense.

It's a pleasant one that reminds me of sweet dessert and the colour red comes to mind. You can wear this without much fear that you will offend.

I would agree that it is similar to Oud Extraordinaire - only less complex, safer and slightly more linear.

& As for Oud Extraordinaire - I need to spend more time with it. However, there is definitely more of a sweetened deeper woody tone to it - think of sweet luscious wooden chips that have been soaked in a sweet syrup of some sort.

Aroha Kyaku and Oud Extraordinaire dominate the scent of the velvet satchet they came in - a beautiful new aroma together.

Oudamberlove likes this.
  14. Vanglorious

Vanglorious Just Arrived

How would you describe Oud Yaquoub and Aroha d'Afrique?

Promote Oud!