1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FORUM WILL UNDERGO A MIGRATION AND MAJOR CHANGE IN DECEMBER 2020 AND JANUARY 2020. PLEASE BEAR WITH US. WE WILL TRY TO KEEP THE DISRUPTION TO A MINIMUM. THE CHANGES SHOULD RESULT IN A MUCH IMPROVED AND RESPONSIVE SITE. SOME OF THE DATA ON THE FORUM THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE LAYERED ON THE FORUM PLATFORM WILL BE LOST - FOR EXAMPLE TRADER FEEDBACK. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Type Of Agarwood?

Discussion in 'Agarwood' started by Lupin fox, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Godoud

Godoud Oud Fan

I see. Oud collector must see. Middle East wood all collect from our region and bring back modify already then sell. Because the type of preference middle Eastern like is dark dark. The perception and values of oud is different

2. iori

iori N00bHead

I have seen some old wood got polish! Hindi, meruke etc
    The market now days in Kw mostly cultivated with few other wild stuff. Atm flooded with Filipino, ofcourse most sell is cultivated hindi
    Also many here buy the stocks and do clean it more even though it's clean, they don't like white wood in the pieces but again that varies from shop to shop.
    Glue in cultivated hindi something you rarely scape, actually even some low grade Sri Lankan been coming to market full of glue.
    I do agree preference here is smaller circle than other places, it's mostly hindi, Burmese, cambodan, Laotian, meruke, Sri Lankan and ofcourse past years many other regions got in but they don't have that much demand like Malaysia terrenganou, Chinese is even smaller circle
    Many old stuff overpriced by some and reasonable by some, if you look good and have connections you will see tons of really old old stock.

3. Godoud

Godoud Oud Fan

Old stuff getting over priced with many reasons. You can see Japanese, korean, chinese, asian burn oud differently from middle eastern user.
    The wood also look different in many instances. We dont go for dark look, its the essence and resins matters. Example like cambodi, many good wood actually look pale but middle east like it dark so the cultivated grade comes in and the smell is totally different from true wild cambodi. You can read up my blog for more information

4. iori

iori N00bHead

Funny 99% of cultivated wood are dumb white, dark good wood? Where is that here? That's mostly on the web
    You only see hindi wood with abit of dark shell with full of white inside, same thing for cambodi wood and so on.
    I have old cambodi wood bought 2007 I'll try to post it later

Godoud likes this.
  5. Godoud

Godoud Oud Fan

In my region i always see arab come to buy in bulk, they make the wood dark by compressing oil and painting. Many ways to make before they resell.

iori likes this.

Promote Oud!