What do we feel about cost of Oud oils?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.P, Aug 3, 2016.

?

What do we feel about cost of Oud oil?

1. Way Overpriced

27 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. High

29 vote(s)
    39.2%
  3. Unreasonable

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Fair

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  5. Cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Way too cheap

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. firdaous

firdaous Oud Kinamic

Interesting post on facebook from Tony Bolton:
    "Re visited the Oud shop today, Abdul Samad al Qurashi, in Yas mall, Kalakasi was the name of the oud, 2200 USD per Tola, 183USD per ml, for the very best Oud they had is not bad ,,,,,So it would seem that some of the oils sold on line are somewhat over priced,"

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  2. Ouddict

Ouddict Technical Support

I've sampled the Kalakhassi when it was offered to me in Madina and I'm talking about the first batch. - 120 year old tree (apparently). They were offering it for $400 for 3g on a buy one get one free offer. I took one sniff and said no thanks. Ensar's Hindis such as Suleiman No. 1 are far better. That's just my take on it.

3. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

I own 2012 batch of 150y Kalakassi and I love it.Still today my favorite

4. Ouddict

I think that's the one I'm referring to. The batch I smelled had a slightly sharp pungent note which I didn't like.

5. riviera274

Yes it does start out very pungent/somewhat sour

6. Mandeel AlMandeel

Mandeel AlMandeel Oud Geek

One of best oils I try are kalakassi and kannam ( thaqeel ) I don't know if aged or just fresh Oud but I know one thing they are unique oils and heavenly smell the asaq have many batches so you must know what ur buying like when I find my old batch thaqeel is different than new one 100% in gulf you still can find some old batches but not everywhere ...

AbasFrag and firdaous like this.
  7. firdaous

firdaous Oud Kinamic

Indeed Kalakassi and Thaqeel (1st batches) are a part of the Oud history !
    Remembered Taha making a group buy on Basenotes for Thaqeel 7 or 8 years ago...;)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. Ouddict

Hmmm... how does it develop??!!! Did I make a mistake not buying it all those years ago?!!

9. riviera274

I wouldn't say you made a mistake.If its not for you,its not for you.I hear some praise oils that I just don't like and learned,as I'm sure most of us have,not to always go of others judgements.It is sometimes helpful if the person is someone who enjoy the same oils as you,Anyway after the pungent opening settles down a little it gets very sweet with a little hay then goes to a rich milk chocolate with a little leather in the background then plums and that"metal note"that just somehow make me feel like a King.I found out that the less I use the more I can appreciate this oil.It doesn't take but the tip of toothpick to apply

10. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Best part with oud beig so expensive is:

Now I feel like everything else is affordable :')
    I don't feel guilt easily on spending on other stuff anymore. :')

11. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Haaaaa Very funy akhi :,)

Mandeel AlMandeel and AbasFrag like this.
  12. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Hahaha the funny part is that I'm serious :')

Mandeel AlMandeel and F4R1d0uX like this.
  13. ParadiseofOils

ParadiseofOils Resident Artisan

I completely agree with you Abasfrag. Spot on!

14. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

If the Oud is very good and the price very low, it will be sold-out very fast:(

AbasFrag and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  15. Ammar

Ammar Oud Fan

Welcome @Alexander Oudh,
    Talk is easy. Let us, we the buyers, try first your offerings and get back later to you with our discussion and decision.

16. Jimmie Taylor

Jimmie Taylor Doude

I really like sample packages. With that i can purchase many oils for a good price.
    I sometimes buy just samples for 300 hundred dollars and more.
    So sample packages at an reduced price may be good for some vendors also.

17. Alexander Oudh

Alexander Oudh Whats this Oud About?

I couldnt agree more with you. Samples are the life blood of our business when it comes to new products and new clientele. I will be offering samples but have yet to figure out in which configuration they will be made available. I would like to hear feedback from you guys about whether you would rather buy individual samples or sample packages of say 3-5 different oils and wood.

18. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Individual samples I think. Preset sample packs are sometimes not attractive especially when they contain oils no longer stocked or that one already owns. I understand that preset sample packs might are more convenient for vendors, and ultimately any samples are better than none.

19. Alexander Oudh

Alexander Oudh Whats this Oud About?

I appreciate your feedback, I can offer what ever a customer wants. I could care less about my own convenience as a vendor. At the end of the day, its not how its sold, but how its bought that matters.

I will already have sub-tabs for individual samples and I believe my marketing team will is thinking about offering a discount on multiple individual sample purchases.

20. Oudicated

Oudicated Junior Member

I feel this is a very vague question. That is why I didn't cast my vote. There are many different grades of oud on the market and prices are subjective.

Promote Oud!