1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Video - Attar Materials From Eden Botanicals

Discussion in 'Meleg Perfumes' started by mattmeleg, Oct 7, 2020.

1. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

Each of these materials comes with independent, lab tested GCMS analysis.
    This means, all of these materials are 100% pure, 100% guaranteed finest materials.
    Eden Botanicals is one of, if not THE most respected supplier of Natural Materials in North America.
    You will see that I have chosen "Co2," materials rather than regular essential oils - as "Co2," extractions tend to be brighter, and more true to life!

Mustakim Godil likes this.
  2. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

I can vouch for the following natural materials, they are of very high quality
    1. Java Vetiver is a VERY smokey, deep rich smooth vetiver (one of the best I have ever smelled)
    2. Bourbon Island Organic Ylang Ylang Extra - is a very bright, fruity (cherry top notes) Ylang Ylang
    3. High Altitude French Lavender - considered the finest, smoothest and most subtle of all lavenders.
    4. Coriander seed Co2 - very bright, round, peppery and full of life! (more powerful and true to life than coriander seed essential oil)
    5. Orange Flower Co2 (perfumers supply house) - very soft, round and not "spiky," or "sharp," like many other indolic materials. This materials has nuances of Beeswax absolute!
    6. Rose Absolute Morocco - from Perfumers Apprentice - a good solid, deep ruby red rose absolute
    7. Cinnamon Bark Co2 - mush more lively than cinnamon essential oil, yet at the same time less harsh, it is sweet and round and woody, perfect for floriental accords, brings life to a composition!
    8. Pettitgrain Sur Flur - The "sur flur," variety of pettitgrain is the finest of any variety, it resembles orange flower and neroli.
    9. Jasmine Grandiflorum - From India, this is a deep, rich, slightly indolic (less green and less indolic than Jasmine Sambac) material.
    10. Agarwood Co2 - independent GCMS tested. A very very warm, woody agarwood!

Mustakim Godil and Attar Oudh like this.
  3. Himanshu Sharma

Himanshu Sharma Oud Fanatic

Their Java Vetiver smells just like good old bbq sauce to me. Do you get that vibe ?
    @mattmeleg Never tried their Agarwood Co2 ? How would you compare it to traditional Oud oils ?

4. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

It would be even cooler if you used materials from some of the vendors here.

I know @EJayB distills vetiver

@KodoKing has a bunch of nice frank

I think a bunch of folks distill sandalwood

@alhashimi has a few lower cost options for oud oils that would smell great in perfume - same with @attarstore

Musk and civet you have @NinjaRobb

And so many others I'm probably forgetting. These could all be inspo for some perfumes - how cool would that be!

5. KodoKing

KodoKing True Ouddict

Great shout out Andy! We do all take pride in being able to offer natural small batch essential oils to folks in the forum. Occasionally citrus is also available as well as Pine Resin I just distilled over the weekend and is curing at the moment.

6. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

Eden Botanical Agarwood Co2 5%
    1. warm, buttery, round, smooth and inviting
    2. slightly spicy. complex, warm spices - nuances of nutmeg, pink pepper, ginger
    3. slightly suede like, much smoother than nagarmotha/cypriol or patchouli, and just as smooth as any sandalwood I have
    4. not sharp at all, no harsh or over powering notes. No rough top notes (it has none of the "gasoline" top notes found in many ouds)
    5. not powerful (4/10 on a scale of 1 to 10) but very long lasting (8 hours or more)
    6. complex yet linear - can definitely be worn as a winter perfume on its own. It remains somewhat close to the skin

Eden Botanicals has a 5% oud, but they no longer have the 5% Co2 oud.
    I prefer the Co2 - as it is much smoother, more round and warm material IMHO

7. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

The vetiver Java is my favourite
    1. chocolatey nuances and facets
    2. coffee like nuances and facets
    3. smooth smokey
    4. none of the "peanut oil," nuances found in cheap vetiver
    5. none of the "burnt mustard" nuances found in cheap, or badly distilled vetiver
    6. umami and round
    7. rooty, yet clean (no mustard, no bitterness)
    8. slightly sweet and very clean smoky

Mustakim Godil and Kabir Attars like this.
  8. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time! Staff Member

I'm confused. What's the 5% mean? Would you not rather just get 100% pure c02 oil?

Is 5% just mean 5% oil in 95% alcohol?

Kabir Attars likes this.
  9. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

10. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

Good score, I can confidently recommend this brand.
    1. smokey
    2. suede
    3. leather
    4. spicy peppery and bright IMG_6809.JPG

11. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

12. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

13. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

14. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

Yes!
    We pass the test. Yellow water.

REAL saffron will NOT make water ORANGE.

15. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

16. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

I can confidently recommend the above brand for saffron 100% pure. IMG_6815.JPG

17. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

5% mean 5% in safflower oil

18. mattmeleg

mattmeleg Oud Fanatic

I also have 100% pure oud oil from E.B.
    Unfortunately I did not purchase 100% Co2 Oud from them :-( I wish I did!

Kabir Attars likes this.
  19. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

hey @mattmeleg . @AbasFrag is gonna get top-shelf saffron soon. his saffron is exceptional! do check out

Promote Oud!