Ulugbek Abdumominov

Central Asian Expert and Trader
Fragrant tobacco flowers comes from different species than those used for smoking, chewing, snuff etc. The flower of the Nicotiana affinis species are particularly fragrant, especially as the evening falls, and are an interesting subject for the perfumer.

Although tobacco flower absolute is technically possible to create, it is not normally available to the perfumer, and Arctander’s description is that of the fresh living flowers, rather than the extracted absolute: “ The fragrance of this flower is extremely delicate, yet rich and sweet, spicy-floral, somewhat reminiscent of carnation with a fresher note, almost fruity”, and likens it to “Sweet William” (a type of fragrant carnation).

Poucher includes a formula for tobacco flower base in his 1st volume of “Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps”, which includes rose, carnation, clary sage, honey, jasmine, immortelle absolute, birch tar, coumarin, vanillin, para-dimethyl hydroquinone and more to re-create the flower’s unique aroma.

The tobacco that is used in perfumery more often is from the cured leaves, and that will be discussed in greater detail in the second part of the article about tobacco.
Instagram : Nomadicperfumery
WhatsApp : +996773445555

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Fragrant tobacco flowers comes from different species than those used for smoking, chewing, snuff etc. The flower of the Nicotiana affinis species are particularly fragrant, especially as the evening falls, and are an interesting subject for the perfumer.

Although tobacco flower absolute is technically possible to create, it is not normally available to the perfumer, and Arctander’s description is that of the fresh living flowers, rather than the extracted absolute: “ The fragrance of this flower is extremely delicate, yet rich and sweet, spicy-floral, somewhat reminiscent of carnation with a fresher note, almost fruity”, and likens it to “Sweet William” (a type of fragrant carnation).

Poucher includes a formula for tobacco flower base in his 1st volume of “Perfumes, Cosmetics and Soaps”, which includes rose, carnation, clary sage, honey, jasmine, immortelle absolute, birch tar, coumarin, vanillin, para-dimethyl hydroquinone and more to re-create the flower’s unique aroma.

The tobacco that is used in perfumery more often is from the cured leaves, and that will be discussed in greater detail in the second part of the article about tobacco.
Instagram : Nomadicperfumery
WhatsApp : +996773445555
So...I tried this oil today and I bought it for some blending I shall be attempting shortly. A slightly wet tobacco scent from the bottle. It changes on the skin and it becomes stronger and less wet...more the smell of fresh smokey air in a damp walled shed. But my nose is in a lot of oils recently and so I thought I would allow my sister to give me her impressions on it...She immediately felt smokey was a good description but not over powering.
This will make a great addition for my experimentations....

hedycent

True Ouddict
I had about 100 fragrant Tabbaco plants here in my garden ( in Ireland ) this summer, filling the night air with their scent. There was noticeable increase in nocturnal pollinators along with an increase in bat sightings. I highly recommend trying them. Even if you don’t have a garden , they do well in pots and miniature cultivars are available.
Seed is very cheap and they can also be multiplied by root cuttings.
One certainty is the scent of cured Tabbaco leaf has no relation to the nocturnal flowers.

TDK

Oud Fanatic
Agarwood is probably the most diverse aromatic distillations depending on species, regions, distillations etc... I have tried Ulugbek's tobacco flower absolute and found it to be most versatile masculine blending component I have worked with. If you keep it simple, and do not add too many different EOs, it will compliment almost anything it is blended with; to me even more so than musk.

I have tried blending with oud, pink lotus and osmanthus. It brings out a spicy masculine element when blended with all of these. Alone, I get more of a slightly smokey, floral scent with crazy hypnotic effects, leaving you sniffing your wrist every few minutes.

It is a reddish brown color with slight viscosity. It seems to combine well with most other absolutes and EOs without the aid of ethyl or heating.

Last edited: