PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
If I had read the description of Tigerwood Royale on Ensar Oud’s website I would never have tried a sample. Instead of a discussion about the scent itself, I found myself unimpressed and put off by the hyperbole of award ceremonies, big wigs, sultans and wads of cash. The majority of the description and I mean word count was dedicated to MONEY. I was struck by the juxtaposition of the new and improved sales price. The slash of red thru the original price. Although LUCKYSCENT wrote about how much more it would be worth in years to come, it’s already lost value evidently. I found myself trying to learn about Tigerwood Royale thru the reviews on Ensar Oud website, but all were curated. Quoted reviews? I tried writing to Ensar Oud website directly to find out if I had indeed gotten a genuine sample from Lucky Scent because on my wrist after two applications in one morning I was finding the Queen’s oud evaporated. I remembered thinking how very decent OUD YUSUF was - such a fist of staying power. On this very forum I read that aged oils tend to last longer. I am completely confused now. I could have sworn I re-applied tonight Tigerwood Royale to my left wrist, but this isn’t what I remember from the other morning. This is SENESIS III. But that can’t be! Did I slip myself the wrong OUD - read one bottle and apply another? Let me get back to you on this. I was told the best time for the nose is morning.

jalil

Oud bully
Thanks for sharing your feedback :praying:

I never try TWR :Speechless:

The one who found the good oud for you will be the champion :D

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
If I had read the description of Tigerwood Royale on Ensar Oud’s website I would never have tried a sample. Instead of a discussion about the scent itself, I found myself unimpressed and put off by the hyperbole of award ceremonies, big wigs, sultans and wads of cash. The majority of the description and I mean word count was dedicated to MONEY. I was struck by the juxtaposition of the new and improved sales price. The slash of red thru the original price. Although LUCKYSCENT wrote about how much more it would be worth in years to come, it’s already lost value evidently. I found myself trying to learn about Tigerwood Royale thru the reviews on Ensar Oud website, but all were curated. Quoted reviews? I tried writing to Ensar Oud website directly to find out if I had indeed gotten a genuine sample from Lucky Scent because on my wrist after two applications in one morning I was finding the Queen’s oud evaporated. I remembered thinking how very decent OUD YUSUF was - such a fist of staying power. On this very forum I read that aged oils tend to last longer. I am completely confused now. I could have sworn I re-applied tonight Tigerwood Royale to my left wrist, but this isn’t what I remember from the other morning. This is SENESIS III. But that can’t be! Did I slip myself the wrong OUD - read one bottle and apply another? Let me get back to you on this. I was told the best time for the nose is morning.
Part 2
At 7:40AM with a fresh nose and a wrist evaporated from any of yesterday’s oud I swabbed the TIGERWOOD ROYALE. It’s too sweet and petrol today. Is there such a thing as oud fatigue? I could have sworn when I first tried it that was everything perfumed about oud. Including tea and bergamot too tame maybe. I love that word Abdul used - beast talking about another oud maybe that's what I want. I am afflicted by the power of suggestion. Did I put too little on the first time and now too much? Now it’s been almost an hour and the petrol sweetness is turning apricot. I really doused myself.

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
I am sure if you continue exploring you will derive at what you are looking for and more importantly find out what you dont like and why. The discovery period is fun! Try not get frustrated

I am getting frustrated. And have a sense that I don't know where I am which does sound like a psychological issue but I assure you besides from all of that my nose is disconcerted, but what I've learned from this is that I prefer something less refined and perfumed and more wild. That I like sweat and barnyard etc and the less high jinks in distilling I prefer. Or that's what I think I want now. Anyway what fascinates me within any of obsession or and where I've probably lost you is the mirror and the metaphor of how I describe that. I've had to work on that wiring I wasn't born with it:) How is anything like anything else? For me this is how I cross over from just language to humanity or sometimes a lack of it perhaps. I can't imagine what distillers go thru trying to please the world palette. I think I want what they won't share. The reserve..

F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
I am getting frustrated. And have a sense that I don't know where I am which does sound like a psychological issue but I assure you besides from all of that my nose is disconcerted, but what I've learned from this is that I prefer something less refined and perfumed and more wild. That I like sweat and barnyard etc and the less high jinks in distilling I prefer. Or that's what I think I want now. Anyway what fascinates me within any of obsession or and where I've probably lost you is the mirror and the metaphor of how I describe that. I've had to work on that wiring I wasn't born with it:) How is anything like anything else? For me this is how I cross over from just language to humanity or sometimes a lack of it perhaps. I can't imagine what distillers go thru trying to please the world palette. I think I want what they won't share. The reserve..

@Edward Muller I'm starting to think you were right for the Malay Cola :Roflmao: !

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
Hopefully, @PersonelHigh will like Malay Cola more than the other ones she has tried - I honestly can't think of any other currently listed oils from various vendors that would fit the bill without going into the Hindi territory (or maybe some Cambodi - i think RRP has one or two listed on their etsy site) !
Hopefully, @PersonelHigh will like Malay Cola more than the other ones she has tried - I honestly can't think of any other currently listed oils from various vendors that would fit the bill without going into the Hindi territory (or maybe some Cambodi - i think RRP has one or two listed on their etsy site) !

Thanks for you Edward peach. I am looking as well for an inexpensive but wonderfully scented Sandalwood oil. I bath my clothing in Sandalwood essential oil drops. My pocketbook would appreciate an excellent alternative perhaps a duplication so lovely one might not be able to tell the difference, of course without all the perfume nots.. Any suggestions? Or an affordable direct wholesale purchase of Sandalwood just for this purpose? Last question and I wonder where I should be posting it. I would love to try to distill an agarwood. Has anyone posted easy instructions for beginners? Might there be others interested in going on this quest? Or is there already a link to such things..? To all the reigning sultans and Shahrazads of oud who are willing to share the secrets of the ancients my sincere appreciation.

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
For sandalwood - I haven’t tried extensively but I do recommend Kota Kupang from Rising Phoenix Perfume (he probably has the most selection on sandalwood oil /wood out of all resident artisans- I remember seeing a wholesale option on their Etsy site as well). Santal Royale from EO is also nice - and from memory it has more auxiliary notes. And of course there is Tyson Mortensen’s Inkanyezi!

PS - it also depends on what kind of scent profile you like - RRP has another one called Kota Flores(spelling?) and it smells/paints quite a different picture from Kota Kupang

Last edited:

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
I think I might actually be a HINDI girl. I like the funk and the stank. That's must be my problem.

Edward Muller

True Ouddict
Al Shareef Oud - Safwaan and Hareer from their wild section are both quite rich and full bodied.
I heard good things about their organic oil - Hind but I haven’t tried it

Oud Diaries

Oud Beginner
I liked what Ensar Oud had to offer. Only after I sampled a Aroha Kyaku and decided to purchase a bottle. I really liked the campfire opening and peppery leathery dry down. Come full bottle and I get a petrol campfire opening and the peppery drydown I preferred is missing or seriously dumbed down. Why did I sample for if the end product was going to be different? I know there are no refunds - I emailed a week ago to know whether its the same batch. No response. The least I expected was an explanation.

Mr.P

oud<3er
That’s odd. I would persist and insist on a refund or take it up with your credit card company or PayPal, because the image they advertise and the way they claim to differentiate themselves from large vendors is by having top notch quality control and artisanal sensitivity. If this is actually the case, it will be very easy for them to understand your concern and verify your observation.

Last edited: