The Original Legends Pack

Discussion in 'Scent Legends' started by Ouddict, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Owner

To launch Scent Legends I have chosen five oils that defined two vendors who were pioneers of the Oud oil market in the West and one from an Arab Oud House that provides a glimpse of what magnificent oils they used to sell before going mainstream. Any serious Oud collector or enthusiast should have the chance to experience what these oils were like and be able to compare them to current oils available on the market. They have served as a benchmark in assessing oud oils for my own standards for over a decade and were instrumental in giving inspiration to my subsequent passion for Oud.

While these oils need no introduction, I will be providing descriptions of them on the forum later tonight and porting these over to our website for reference. For now, I will provide a brief summary of them below.

The Original Legends pack will contain the following oils plus free samples of other oils to be decided:

1. Oriscent Oud Royale No.1 - 0.1g in a high recovery vial
    2. Oriscent Kyara LTD (original) - 0.1g in a high recovery vial
    3. Oriscent Borneo 3000 No.1 (original) - 0.1g in a high recovery vial
    4. Abdusamad Al Qureshi Thaqeel (original) - 0.15g in a high recovery vial
    5. Oudimentary KSSS - 0.1g in a high recovery vial

As a special introductory offer, I have kept the pack price down to $399 including shipping via DHL Express. Subsequent packs will be between $399 and $599 and may not contain as many oils of this standard.

Due to the limited amount of oils, I can only make 10 packs available so it is first come first serve.... note that some have been sold already.

A History of the Oils
    As the Oud oils I sell are very limited in quantity and availability, I have also provided some traceability for each bottle I decant from in how it was procured and stored thereafter.

Oriscent Oud Royale No.1 - decanted from a full bottle purchased directly in-person from Ensar in my own home in August 2008 and stored in a carved wooden chest since then.
    Oriscent Kyara LTD - decanted from a full bottle purchased directly in-person from Ensar in Jordan in December 2007 and stored in a carved wooden chest since then.
    Oriscent Borneo 3000 No.1 - decanted from a full bottle purchased directly in-person from Ensar in my own home in August 2008 and stored in a carved wooden chest since then.
    Abdassamad Al Qureshi Thaqeel - this is from the very last batch of the original, purchased in person from Medina, Saudi Arabia in 2012. All other Abdassamad Al Qureshi stores in the Gulf had run out of this and I confirmed this by visiting stores in all the major cities including Riyadh, Mecca, Dammam, Dubai, Doha and Abu Dhabi.
    Oudimentary KSSS - purchased online in 2012 and from the 2nd batch of the original that has been feted as one of the finest Cambodi oud oils released by the early Oud vendors in the West.

An Authentic Experience
    The oils we sell are not cheap and we do not think it right or fair for people to pay for oils with great expectations, only to receive a sample that no longer reflects the amazing qualities that helped build their legendary reputations. Unfortunately, too many oil samples available from private sellers suffer from varying quality issues as some have been stored in suboptimal conditions and presented in standard vials that allow far too much air in, resulting in an oil that is as shadow of itself when released.

Just as museums routinely employ every means available to them to preserve and present valuable historical artefacts, we believe that the oils we sell also deserve a similar level of respect and care. Oud oils from Scent Legends have been stored in a cool, dark place, aged for years and decanted from bottles that have not been used in order to provide you with the same experience and joy I felt when encountering these ground-breaking oils freshly delivered from the vendor for the first time. We only use high recovery vials for our oils to maximise the life of your sample and decant from full unused bottles.

2. Ouddict

Some photos of the actual bottles used with my wooden chests in the background!

Oud Royale No.1
    IMG_6584.JPG

Oriscent Kyara LTD (Original)
    IMG_9616.JPG

Oriscent Borneo 3000 No.1 (original)
    IMG_1527.JPG

Abdassamad Al Qureshi Thaqeel (original batch)

IMG_2247.JPG

3. Hamza H

Hamza H Whats this Oud About?

Mashallah. Looks amazing.

Ouddict likes this.
  4. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

awesome.... what a blessing

Ouddict likes this.
  5. Dan

Dan Oud Fan

ما شاء الله

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ouddict likes this.
  6. Ouddict

Last remaining pack...

Dan likes this.
  7. asifkafridi3