Bigboy

True Ouddict
To be fair I dont like or use mind or mood altering substances and besides my job requires I get drug tested frequently and I've never liked the idea of being altered anyway so I have nothing to compare this to. Some post op pain meds I've taken notwithstanding which is nothing like anything oud has ever done for me......but ....

MIND BUZZ! WTF IS IT!?
What do you "feel" physically
What oils make you feel this the most?
I have had many moments where I came back to the first oils I smelled and felt so in love with them and nostalgic. I've also been transported on scented journey to rainforsts, cowpie, Tabasco sauce , and hay.

I have smelled kyara heated gently that definitely blissed me out into a sense of calm and from some really well aged koh kong oils. Maybe some really high grade oils priceing top notes have rung a few bells in my head idk. But I've never transcended that barrier from mental relaxation to feeling anything in my body. Without getting into remote viewing and other out of body experiences can you share what are your experiences and thoughts from a purely tatactile perspective?

Should be interesting. Dont give the distillers any ideas next thing you know we will have some gen 10 oils with "naturally " occurring opiates and lsd:)
I bet that oil would sell Real fast!

Last edited:

Hosayn

True Ouddict
Many people talk nonsense and they dont even try aa high tier ouds ...or any other vendor high end stuff , i repeat again ,is just a way of saying ,i dont wanna give names but who says this kind of oils don t worth money or is just a story ,why they dont show us something similar on market ,i think is the easiest way to close up this thread.
Easy ..." x oil not worth is nothing special about it " ok show us another oil at half price same or better ...to much talk talk without reason ...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
Move one to what ? Is not the about "fan boy" or something but what you say is like you claim any 200$ oil is same like any taha high tier or IO imperial/ultima / ensar and etc ....

Last edited:

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Move one to what ? Is the about "fan boy" or something but what you say is like you claim any 200$ oil is same like any taha high tier or IO imperial/ultima / ensar and etc ....

No but for example, I think there's a lot of hype with aa and eo - lots of fan pages, Facebook pages, marketing etc. All of this costs money to operate despite seemingly being fan created and generated.

I've tried habz oils that I've laughed thinking what they'd cost with eo and aa. I think there's two sides of this. Eo and aa put out some fire don't get me wrong, but I also think youd be kidding yourself if you think their wares are gods gift to oud. My 2c.

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi
If you’ve ever chewed on a piece of Kynam that made your mouth go numb and released a huge rush of dopamine in your brain than you’ve experienced Mind Buzz. I think all of us know what dopamine feels like at this point. I don’t know why it’s so heavily debated. Sure it’s a marketing term. Yes fanboys love their brands but that’s great in my opinion. What isn’t great is the need to tear others down for having an experience or assuming anyone having this experience is a shill or just making things up. Why does it matter? Why can’t we just have fun and buy what we buy because we like it and experience what we experience? I come to this side of the community because it usually has way more positive vibes but lately you can see the negativity of the world creeping in. Let’s all just love Oud ya know? Unless you’re a vendor or distiller all that kind of stuff is secondary to the way Oud makes you feel.

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
No but for example, I think there's a lot of hype with aa and eo - lots of fan pages, Facebook pages, marketing etc. All of this costs money to operate despite seemingly being fan created and generated.

I've tried habz oils that I've laughed thinking what they'd cost with eo and aa. I think there's two sides of this. Eo and aa put out some fire don't get me wrong, but I also think youd be kidding yourself if you think their wares are gods gift to oud. My 2c.
Totally understand what you say and agree ,but not all people are fans or army of ensar/taha ...and your argue is more availablle for ensar in my oppinion ,i dont see to much hype on taha side ...i tried all vendors apart of oudmentary , and yes moat of them offer nice distilation for a very good price , and i agree ensar charge more than his oils worth ,but that not meens he dont have amazing ouds ...i m not his "fan" ,i like more taha oils and IO ultima/imperial offers in "high tier price range" ....but again ,i cant deny like mrP says "move on"...if a person dont feel the differences thats not suitable for everybody ...
And yes like my brothers says before me ,if you chewed a kinam piece you will know what "mind buzz " reffer...but ...if you expect to jump on walls like spiderman thats wrong ,its not lsd or cocaine :) ,is just a big ..."joy" ..
Cheers brother [emoji8]

Castingshadows

@scentofsamadhi

I mean I haven’t even tried Aljanah but I know that when it comes back around I’m buying as much as possible.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Ok I’ll start!
Today I’m going with 2 koh kong oils
Al Hashimi Khmer. Wow amazing!!!
AA Koh Kong 4K . Very nice!
Both oils smell great at first whiff
AH is much clearer and projects well
AA is a super quiet and really have to inhale to get a good dose, very nice when it hits you but definitely no mind buzzing
The AA wears off fast and the AH keeps on going strong .
In my mind it’s not even close, I’d don’t get the 4K from AA but it does smell very nice but I’ll never wear it .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 125

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
Because i like Aljanah alot ,is amazing oil
Btw Ejayb i m back after 50m/1hour of application the khemer2020 (just receive my bottle)
Sorry to tell you ,but what is comparable to khemer and kk4k ? They are 2 different oil even after first sniff and 50min of changes ...both are very good oils ,but kk4k is about red kinam smell indeed more lighter than khemer ,but is full of milky strawberry jam ,like an milkshake of strawberry and raapberryes... and khemer is more on tobacco ,sweet woody slightly verbena vibe or lemon peel , this is an oud with full body and yes more strong but spectrum of notes are totally different !
The single oil to my noose ,cloose to kk4k is koh kong imperiale IO and oud muhib by Habz ...

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Many people talk nonsense and they dont even try aa high tier ouds ...or any other vendor high end stuff , i repeat again ,is just a way of saying ,i dont wanna give names but who says this kind of oils don t worth money or is just a story ,why they dont show us something similar on market ,i think is the easiest way to close up this thread.
Easy ..." x oil not worth is nothing special about it " ok show us another oil at half price same or better ...to much talk talk without reason ...

Well, I read the quoted one again and again and thought it would be better to be guided by you.

High tier and high end oils: Do you mean, dear Mario, the oils priced high? If yes, would you please mention what price range is to be considered high tier and high end?

Thanks

Last edited:

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
Idk bro ..anything ore tham 550 600 is high price...atleast for me and i expect to be different and better oil than average ....and yes not allways you get what you expect !

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
And i think you get me wrong ,maybe because lf my english, you know i love many distilers work and cheaper than maybe most of distiler ,one of them is Tabeer ,but i cant compare his oil in this exemple with hindustan ,and so on
Is just my noose ,maybe is objective ,here we talk and dispute ,not "fights" we all here for one purpose ,cuz we love oud ,or i m wrong ?
Maybe my noose after all this years is destroy :) , but even if is destroy the all notes i get from oils are different
And btw i never push or keep side of taha ,i dont even know him or to be a good customer ,i own just few and most are samples ,we all know he sell maybe just top fraction of oil and he is more focused on "kodo style" ,but for me doesnt matter ,i dont care if you distill socks man ,if smell good and nice ,can be worst oud quality ,i dont care what happen behind ....why other who claim have better stuff ,why they dont release somethinf similar ,is very simple ,just need to be rational ...come with same "shit"
Btw offtopic : aljanah is the single hindi oil come after shah jahan and hindustun witch is in same direection and maybe better ,but again maybe is my shitty noose ...

Mustafa

True Ouddict
Dear brother Mario, I think I get your point although I find it a bit hard to follow. My apologies. I do agree with you. For me it's all about the smell. I said it repeatedly before. It varies from person to person. For example, I get immense satisfaction from Viet, Chinese, Hindi ouds which I don't get from Thai, Malay, Borneo oils. But that doesn't mean these are not beautiful high quality oils. That's one spectrum.

Secondly, within the same region you get oils that vendors charge one grand for 3ml and also $200 for 3ml. The higher price does not always mean more satisfaction. However, it could mean a high calibre wood assuming that the vendor is setting the price fairly. I think you mentioned some distillers from India. I can tell you that there are a couple of distillers of hindi and Bangladeshi oud who are doing amazing work. From my experience with hindi oud I can confirm that these oils which cost merely $300 per 3ml can put many expensive oils to shame. The reason they can sell the oil for cheap is mainly because they have better access to the raw materials and they can source the wood for cheap price.

In oud business, sourcing the materials play a huge part in deciding the price of the oil.

Keep up the good work my brother and keep sharing your views.

Hosayn

True Ouddict
Can we say high end oils have high concentration of Sesquiterpenes and other agarwood compounds in higher and denser quantity?

IMO it’s not the price but the concentration of compounds and density.

Mario P.

Jinkoh Store
Indeed man ,Tabeer was just 1 exemple of good distiler ,but they are more there
And yes ,agree , never say an expensive oil is 100% satisfaction or good oil ,i just say about some "legendary oils" and maybe someone say ok its same as x oil. That is different point ,and x person who claim this can better say "its same in my oppinion " ...

Last edited:

Ouroboros223

Oud Beginner
I believe that those "psychoactive properties" are either
1. Marketing BS or
2. Persons buying into that marketing BS

Of course, that just my opinion.
The first oud I smelt, before I knew what oud was, had extremely strong psychoactive properties. I've done a lot of psychoactive substances in my past so I can confirm this from experience and I had no pre conceived ideas onwards it. I later found out that the oud that I first tried was by far the best kinam oud I've come across par none, having tried most oriscent oils to compare it to.

But not all "kinamic" ouds have this psychoactive effect and some lower grade ones do.

AA bhamo and cintaku do and EO oud Ahmad does in some ways as well.

Some of them are more like a stimulant, some more psychoactive causing intense closed eye visuals.

Of course this is dependant on your body and brains own wiring and chemistry though.

My body responded extremely strongly to oud. Before discovering it travelling in Taiwan I had no interest in scent, I had bought one perfume in my life up to that point and had no sense of smell at all. It was my weakest sense, after smelling oud, it became a major part of my life.

But this isn't the same as the uplifting feeling of some ouds, some are very therapeutic, uplifting, they have an energy about them, but are not quite psychoactive.

I hope this gives some insight and perspective.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Can we say high end oils have high concentration of Sesquiterpenes and other agarwood compounds in higher and denser quantity?

IMO it’s not the price but the concentration of compounds and density.

Not sure what you mean by density. The distillate will be 100% concentrated by definition - pure essential oil unless diluted . I think you mean there might be some specific compound that people like the smell of, that might show up more in some expensive oils ?

Anyway "higher end"'is such a vague category. What makes something "high end"? Do high end oils have anything in common other than high pricing?
Given the diversity of oud species and extraction methods, I have a hard time imagining high end oils have common chemistry.

Isn't a more likely explanation is that there's a placebo effect here and when people spend a lot of money on something they have high expectations and their nervous system fulfills those expectations for them? I read of some study where they substituted alcohol free beer for a keg at a party and folks got a buzz anyway (or thought they did).

I find quality oils do activate my imagination though! Like a nice deep whiff of quality jasmine is transporting (though to me it's not a buzz).

anyway who cares what I think a buzz is, but to me a buzz is a change of mind induced by a drug or chemical directly on your nervous system. Not a relaxed state of mind brought on by mediation, a nice walk or jog, a waft of fresh spring air, or the smell of great perfume. However if I redefine buzz to mean "I feel relaxed when I smell things I love" than i would add rose, jasmine, sandalwood, frankincense, musk, ambergris to the "mind buzz" scent list.

have you all heard of incensole acetate? Now that might actually give you some kind go pharmacological buzz apparently.

Last edited: