The Largest Vote Of It’s Kind

Discussion in 'Oud of the Year 2019' started by Ouddict, Nov 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

We will be launching the vote for Oud and Natural Perfume of the Year very soon. This year, due to the imminent transformation of Ouddict, we will be honouring the vendors that have been part of Ouddict since the start and limiting nominations to ouds sold by our Resident Artisans.

2. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

Limiting nominations?
    Not likely to be the best oud available then!
    Just between those who contribute to ouddicts coffers...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ouddict

Well if you want to take a cynical viewpoint that’s fine. No one is forcing you to vote. keep in mind that the vote has ALWAYS been open to ALL vendors, despite attacks on the forum and myself personally from those we have given a platform to. Sometimes you have to say.. ENOUGH! This year we will try something different and that’s our prerogative.

I’d have thought some gratitude would be in order to vendors on this forum who have elected to compete honestly and fairly for years instead of forming secret groups on WhatsApp and misleading people or using every opportunity they can to slander and attack others. It’s the vendors on this forum who have driven prices down to a fair level, so they have filled your pockets indirectly otherwise people would be paying a lot more for oud. The two main vendors who aren’t on here were both invited onboard. One refused outright and thought he could crush the nascent forum in 2016 and had a rude awakening and the other tried to undermine it from within in 2018 after he did the same at Gaharu and got caught red-handed. I don’t see why we owe them anything.

Each to their own. This year will be votes for vendors on this forum only.

Please don’t turn this thread into a negative fest and think of positives instead of sniping from the sidelines.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    Moe Ab, Habz786 and Taesik Yun like this.
  4. Ouddict

Also your insinuation that the vendors on this forum produce inferior oils is just plain ignorant and /or the product of brainwashing. People like you’ve been exposed to oud for a year or two and think you’re experts. It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic. I really don’t have time for these games anymore. To the newbies, my apologies, but unfortunately there are some on here who continuously seek to undermine the platform from which they derive much benefit and have ulterior motives and belong to hidden groups online and just come to represent commercial interests masquerading as superior knowledge. We know who you people are and can see you from many miles off, but tolerate your presence, even if we have to hold our noses.

Mario P., Rezwan and Taesik Yun like this.
  5. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

I'm excited. I think there is A LOT to be said for vendors who can be mature and "play nice in the sandbox" with others.

Lest we forget, oud is not everything and everything is not oud. Let's be kind to one another and be grateful for what we have here. I for one come on ouddict daily to listen, learn, and participate when and if I have something to contribute.

Most importantly, let's not take ourselves or anything so seriously. Yes, this is a vote. But it's not a presidential election. No one is limiting vendors out of malice. I know I appreciate the transparency. There is no deep state agenda going on lol. Just take it easy, try and take a deep breath, vote if you feel inclined, don't if you'd prefer not.

You won't get along with everyone in life - and for a large community like this, having 10+ vendors who all get along is a really nice thing.

Kabir Attars, jensz, Moe Ab and 2 others like this.
  6. Ouddict

Thanks Andrew. The majority of artisanal oud vendors worldwide are represented on this forum and have pleasant and cordial relations and one can draw their own conclusions about why one or two others choose to remain away despite being invited.

I want to address one other point that was made regarding finances. Each vendor pays $40 a month to operate on the forum and the members (non-vendors) pay $35 for 6 months use of the marketplace. Commercial activities attract fees. The money is chump change quite frankly and it’s laughable that anyone would think that this means that the vendors now control the forum. Perhaps everyone has their price for being bought, it I can assure everyone that it will take a lot more than $35 a month to buy me.... :Roflmao::Roflmao:

The fees help offset the cost of running the forum as in not in the best of financial health due to personal circumstances. What I am passionate about as a lover of Oud is that customers and enthusiasts have access to genuine and honest information without exaggeration and I think the best way to go about doing that is to allow an open forum with any commercial activities strictly confined to known vendor spaces while the rest of us can talk and learn about Oud on the main boards without commercial distractions and adverts constantly being posted.

Kabir Attars, jensz, Habz786 and 2 others like this.
  7. sabahan

sabahan Whats this Oud About?

Hi everyone. I made a post earlier that seems to have been deleted. @jensz could you help me understand why my post was removed?

8. Ouddict

Probably best to ask her in private. There have been a number of troll posts on this thread and while historically the management have turned the other cheek, we are no longer prepared to do so. I’m not suggesting that your post came under this - I don’t know as I have not seen it. Please respect the rules of the forum and the decision of the management to apply the rules explained above. One member has already been banned for constant trolling. I suggest you take this discussion offline and private message her and the mods.

sabahan likes this.
  9. sabahan

Salam @Ouddict thank you for your reply.

It would be great to know which rule was violated, this way the discerning members of our community and newer folks on this forums can learn it. Deleting posts that were made in good faith without valid reasons harms the community.

Could the mod who deleted my post please PM me directly and help me understand the reason behind my post being deleted? Would be grateful if you could copy the other mods as well for transparency, including @jensz.

Thanks in advance.

Rai Munir and Ouddict like this.
  10. Ouddict

Thanks for your comments. I agree that the rules need to be made clearer for members, but when posting on a thread, some common sense should also be applied and one should ask themselves whether the post actually is on-topic and relevant to the discussion and avoid controversial topics. One member has already been permanently banned for spamming this thread.

For reference, you can read the forum rules here - https://www.ouddict.com/help/terms.

Finally I have sent a PM to all admins and mods and yourself to ask one of them to explain why the post was moderated. After this explanation, this and the above posts will be deleted to keep this thread on-topic.

sabahan likes this.
  11. sabahan

Thanks @Ouddict, appreciate your initiating the internal PM with the mods. As for my posts, I feel it was indeed on target and relevant, and most certainly wasn’t controversial to anyone reading it to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you, yes, I went through the forums rules carefully earlier and don’t see where the issue is.

Yes would appreciate if you could please keep these posts up until this issue has been explained and resolved, after which you can deleted all the posts starting with my questioning onwards. Thanks again in advance.

Rai Munir likes this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Respected sabahan
    Appreciable decency is there in your above posts.

Respected Jenz is highly courteous and judicious indeed. I'm sure all will be fine.

Stay very happy, Sir.

sabahan likes this.
  13. sabahan

Respected Rai Munir,
    Thank you for reaching out with your kind message, you are very gracious, I tip my hat to you good sir.

Yes, I’m sure you’re right, it is likely just a misunderstanding, perhaps my post was misread and mistakenly removed, with good intentions.

Wish you well, may you and all the respected members of this community always be blessed.

14. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Look foward to this, the fact that all vendors have been welcomed here and had free perks such as advertising for around a year, aswell as being included in previous votes its only fair those who participate to benefit the community here are included.

There are other platforms where those who arent included can setup similar initiatives of their products and have people vote. If those who didnt choose to contribute to the forum in the last 3 years arent included in the vote then thats one loss of not choosing to participate and being part of Ouddict.

In regards to @sabahan post about what the vote should be called its a suggestion to take on board. I think its best this thread is locked as not much else to discuss here :hand:

Taesik Yun and Ouddict like this.
  15. jensz

jensz Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone, Thanks for suggesting @sabahan get in touch, and thank you @Rai Munir for the most gracious words. :praying:

Sabahan did reach out and I wanted to publicly clear up what happened to his post that was deleted. Turns out that sabahan's post was amidst the many posts from Joe King that were permanently deleted, and it got inadvertently swept up and deleted along with them. It was purely a mistake that happened when mods were trying to act swiftly. Because the deletion is permanent, we can't access the post or restore it. Apologies were extended to Sabahan and he graciously accepted with a very empathetic attitude which is greatly appreciated. :praying: I offered Sabahan to re-write his post but he said in effect it's okay to move on (paraphrasing). I believe Sabahan does not mind my sharing this. Thanks everyone for your attention and thanks to Sabahan for your kind responses. :praying:

Cheers, friends!

Rezwan, Jeff Wilson, Moe Ab and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Promote Oud!