Rai Munir

Musk Man
Oils Received from Mr Ziyad
In the beginning, Mr Ziyad was known to me as distiller who distills only Sandal oil. When I talked to him and he informed me about his oud projects, and shared his distillation sensibility. And last year, he initiated projects like Co-distillation, blending two oils distilled at his distillery.

Ceylon Santals:
IMG20210611172940.jpg

Oud Oils & Blends & Ceylon Vetiver
IMG20210611173105.jpg

I will share my take after wearing them again and again. But I would like to share my first impression about hydrodistilled Vetiver: It is at least 50 per cent Thai oil to me, esp the organic lots I came across last year. Interesting oil it is. And Ceylon Sandal reminded me of Ceylon Sandal Copper by IO and then Al Hashimi's that I still have, and I like it very much.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
oh wow!!! That may be possible because Mysore Sandalwood oil exports require permits which only a handful people have. Let me open the can to check.
oh wow!!! That may be possible because Mysore Sandalwood oil exports require permits which only a handful people have. Let me open the can to check.
You were right. Its Sandalwood oil in the can :D. Thank you

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Sample set from Scents by Skanda:
Ruh Khus Oud Kasturi
Patchouli Deer Oud
Saffron Ambergis Deer
Civet Rose Oud
and.. <drum roll>.. a custom blend of Siberian Musk with Cambodi Oud... can't wait to try this...
I would be interested to know how you feel about his oils.

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
Smelling from the can it has a sour tinge which I dislike. I have noticed similar sour feel with Australian Santal Album. If you have tried Ulugbek’s Sri Lankan sandalwood wood that’s what I mean.
I was not very impressed.

When I tried it on my skin, that’s when it truly reveals itself. It’s truly Santal Album. Smells very pleasant and on a lighter side.
This doesn’t feel like Mysore. The trees/wood seems from mature trees.
This smells very similar to Indonesian Santal Albums. This costs about $2/ml without the shipping. It’s a steal for the price.

I am very pleased with the purchase and I encourage you to try this.
I will use this for different maceration experiments. If I need more sandalwood oil, I will definitely buy more of this.

Last edited: