F4R1d0uX

Resident Artisan
Lifted bottom screens to keep material away from the heat
:Thumbsup:

I chose 3 day soak and 3 day cook time as the starting point because the yield increases with soak time with 7 day soak being the optimal yield without going to the next level of soaking in lactic acid or sulfuric acid to open the pore size.
Just trying to stay as traditional as possible

Optimal soaking days will depend on wood (subspecy, grade and wich part of the tree).

3 days ? It's enough if temp is quite low :Thumbsup:.

Dan

True Ouddict
Republic Day India discounts and also EMI options make life easy in India for a frag head....

Thanks to Almighty for the new additions
9c5514f326689e060ff8fef8dac169ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

EJayB

True Ouddict
Palo Santo wood just Cleared customs and should arrive from Peru next week ! So excited every time new material shows up from friends around the world. This Palo Santo is going straight into the pot for my wife to use the oil in one one of our blends

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Palo Santo wood just Cleared customs and should arrive from Peru next week ! So excited every time new material shows up from friends around the world. This Palo Santo is going straight into the pot for my wife to use the oil in one one of our blends

Awesome , keep the temps really low and dont distill for too long either it gets nasty fairly quickly with either of those things ! Love palo santo oil but find it really hard to mix into anything other than rose

EJayB

True Ouddict
Awesome , keep the temps really low and dont distill for too long either it gets nasty fairly quickly with either of those things ! Love palo santo oil but find it really hard to mix into anything other than rose
I’ll be using steam not hydro as the temp stays consistent and be sure not to go to long.
Fortunately for me my wife has been blending Essential oils for 15 years and has great success with Palo Santo.

EJayB

True Ouddict
One review is 100x better then no reviews with just a vendors words.
How many of us Have purchased purely on the vendors words?(I have)
I appreciate everyone’s reviewing please continue.
My inbound came the other day and today I’ll
Fire up the still and slow cook me some Palo Santo oil at my wife’s request!
Happy wife happy life:)

Bilal

True Ouddict
Sometimes, a single review is sufficient in evoking expectations. That's not unusual.

Why the passive aggressiveness? Just sharing my inbound and a thought.

Passive aggressiveness? No it was more shock and disbelief if anything how people can spend close to 800 USD (I presume thats what you spent if you're getting the preorder bonuses) based on a single review having never smelt what they are buying. I did put a disclaimer out there though that if the reviewer in question has similar taste it can be plausible along with high demand for decants.
Hope you enjoy it man as I'm looking to purchase a sample if its made available!

Bilal

True Ouddict
One review is 100x better then no reviews with just a vendors words.
How many of us Have purchased purely on the vendors words?(I have)
I appreciate everyone’s reviewing please continue.
My inbound came the other day and today I’ll
Fire up the still and slow cook me some Palo Santo oil at my wife’s request!
Happy wife happy life:)

It sure is but I still think its pretty reckless behaviour and indicative of a bigger problem if you're spending close to 800 USD on a blind buy/or on one reviewers highly subjective opinion unless for the aforementioned reasons and even then I would sample first if they were made available.