1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Technical Issues

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Ouddict, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

As most of you are aware, we suffered some significant downtime over the past day and I myself have noticed serious performance issues with the forum since its inception. The Ouddict Team are new to running forums and this was launched before the intended date due to the closure of the Oud thread at Basenotes and hence we have had some technical issues due to incorrect configuration settings from the start.

Hopefully, these issues have now been resolved and we would like to assure you all that the forum itself in running on the best available forum software platform available. For those of you who are technical, we run on the vBulletin Cloud service, hosted by Amazon Web Services and so should never had expected the technical issues that we encountered.

We would like to thank you for your patience and hope you continue to benefit from this new and growing community of "Ouddicts".

Nurhayati likes this.
  2. Ouddict

Please Note: there is an issue with the URL. Please type in www.ouddict.com and not ouddict.com.

We are working in resolving this issue.

Nurhayati likes this.
  3. Ouddict

Update: We have been trying to resolve this issue with the URL, along with our domain provider and although its a simple technical issue related to the CNAME and DNS settings, something else is causing an issue. We will get to the bottom of it and hopefully, things will be easier when navigating to this site.

Nurhayati likes this.
  4. Hello Ouddict! I just wanted to say that when I go to my older, private conversations, a lot of them are cut off halfway through. Anybody else having this problem?

5. Ouddict

Hmmm, I will have a look and raise it with our technical support team.

littlecrowgirl likes this.
  6. Ouddict

Not sure Pearl, I will take a look. We have been having issues ourselves with the site.

7. Ouddict

The plot thickens.. apparently we have a policy to "discourage" users like Pearl according to Luigi. Luigi dishonestly shows a screenshot of Pearl's account from the Gaharu admin panel as if that is proof. Do you think people are that stupid???

8. Ouddict

This is meant to be a technical board... but Pearl you need to check the truthfulness of your sources first before calling me two-faced.

How does a screenshot of your profile on GAHARU forum apply to technical issues you may have experienced here??? Have you heard the term "Husn al-Dhann"?

I am able to post a screenshot of your profile on here to prove this but this is so pathetic - the screenshot will be slightly different as the two forums have different usergroups, but Luigi obviously doesn't realise that, which is a schoolboy technical faux-pas, or worse, a malicious assumption.

Also, I never used the kind of words such as "keep your mouth shut" that you suggested in your post. I am used to receiving posts like that from Ensar and contrary to you, they were taken seriously and acted upon as you know very well from one of the PMs I sent you. The language used is pretty normal for Muslims in their private discourse as you are aware.

Also, although I did not say anything in that I would not say in public, those PMs we exchanged were private - does that mean anything to you?

Finally the most most ironic thing here is that you appear to be happy on a forum where people are not even allowed to join in order to respond to personal attacks, but you obviously seem fine with that... judging from your comments below, I think you should stay there.

I'm laughing so hard I'm nearly crying, but it's really not funny. I don't know how you found that out my dear but that is truly hilarious. Funny thing is I thought something wasn't quite right, meaning funny business, but then thought, "well let me see if it goes away". When F4R1d0uX liked the post I figured that he was experiencing the same issue.
    I was contacted on ouddict.com by Ouddict on Jan 17th, his opening statement was basically a suggestion to keep my mouth shut and a warning to stay away for the sake of my soul, and stated that I could continue to contribute to the forum(without telling me that I'd be "discouraged") since he was not a vindictive person(seems pretty vindictive to me). I responded and we had an amicable conversation, or so I thought. At the end I even went so far as to tell him that I enjoyed or conversation because it gave us a glimpse into the others perspective. Shortly after I began to notice that my board experience had slowed dramatically and behaved erratically. To now find out that he's two-faced is a true shame. I'll post his full first post and the very last post which was mine.

Habz786 likes this.
  9. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

@PEARL
    Hey @PEARL As selem a'leykoum bro'.
    Just to let you know that I liked to create a notification to staff members to alert them of your issue.

10. Ammar

Ammar True Ouddict

@PEARL,
    I would not think of that in one of a million! For the same percentage of probability being this a technical error I'm asking you if they did fix the problem of your account?

I think it is still reversible damage and can be "fixed" with trustable active member and oud lover whose abundant posts are valuable and beneficial to all members.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Habz786 and F4R1d0uX like this.
  11. F4R1d0uX

I cannot see post numbers on my phone ...

Mandeel AlMandeel and Ammar like this.
  12. Ouddict

Refresh it... it should be at the bottom

Mandeel AlMandeel and F4R1d0uX like this.
  13. F4R1d0uX

I can see post number only on quotes

14. Ammar

Ammar True Ouddict

I have the same problem that can't be resloved by refreshing. Maybe related to Android smarphones?

F4R1d0uX likes this.
  15. F4R1d0uX

Same here android crew lol !
    ( I hate apple philosophy :Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:)

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  16. Hakim

Hakim Oud Fanatic

They love technical issues :Roflmao:

Promote Oud!