RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
I thought it was a fantastic article.

I agree - the slowness of Tea often stands in opposition to the culture here in the US (and the West, in general) - where many people barely pause to take lunch, let alone a vacation.

Tea takes focus and intention - something many lack in their packed schedules and rush to get from A to B.

And like all things connoisseur - people meant to find the good shit, always do.

I see this happen in my own markets here in the US - both in Chinese Medicine, and in Oud / Agarwood / Artisan Distillation / Natural Fragrances. The growth is slow but steady.

It’s hard to ween people off cheap junk. Wether it be junk and fast food, endless cheap clothing, or commodities of any sort. Switching to “slow and natural” from “fast bullshit” always tastes bland - unless a person’s Palette and Spirit are ready for something deeper.

If you’re here - it’s because you WANT to be here. Wanting to be healthy, balanced, and more focused is something that takes Intention. It doesn’t just happen. It’s a calling for something More from deep down in the depths of the Soul.

Why do you think Tea and Incense are centerpieces in meditation and refinements of high art in the East?

Tea - and Oud - are about Conversations with one’s Soul.

https://heated.medium.com/our-american-lifestyle-is-not-tea-friendly-42944bb7ad4a