language scent

True Woodict
Curious what did you get from Japan, i figure Kyara woods, right?
Agarwood and oil is highly addicting to many people, those who are connected to it. It never ends. Always hunting for something better, always falling in love with something new and it's never enough. I am sure a lot of us are grateful to all the people who have connections, skills and the passion to provide these things. so keep making people happy and excited regardless of anyone's opinion.

zahir

Ouducation Student
Buying from the distiller is a good rule of thumb. Looking for evidence and when unavailable clues ... is also some level of due diligence. Ultimately we all have limited funds and limited understanding. You must do your own due diligence and make your own decisions.

Be respectful to merchants whether or not you decide to purchase their product. Don't be guilted into a purchase through the mockery of your preferences. You can tune your process further and repeat it when you're ready. Anyone who hasn't been fooled just hasn't been in this hobby (or business) for very long.
This should be made a sticky post somewhere on this forum.

yoob.ye

True Ouddict
I meant to follow up here and I also meant to post several reviews of oils I've been trying recently ... but I've just been way too busy to contribute my opinion.

In my opinion, the wood this oil was sourced from was at least on par with Royal Malinau (Agar Aura) and Malinau Qi (Jinkoh Store). If my budget wasn't preoccupied for this year, I would have considered buying 1 or 2 grams. I purchased only a sample (0.2 grams generously sold without markup) but I'd advise anyone who likes the region and might be interested in buying oil at this price point ... pick this up if it's still available.