Elixir Attar

True Ouddict
Hello dear Ouddictians

Today we are offering a limited time chance for you to get your hands on one of the best Borneo oud oils of all time, Sultani Special Borneo. This oil, distilled in 1980 from various woods in Borneo, which were heavy , resinous, and included sinking grade woods, it comes directly to you from this bottle.

This oil came as a part of our ultra luxurious Sultani oud oil sampler set last year, but we did not offer it then to be sold separately except to a select few of our recurrent customers. Now is your chance to grab some.

The scent of Borneo in a bottle, absolutely mind blowing oud oil, if anyone had the chance to smell the old wild Borneos, prepare yourself to smell an oil on the next level.

Notes of zesty, cool , even medicinal resin, laced in a ridiculously good dry down of sinking grade Borneo kodo.

As you can imagine, an oud oil aged for more than 40 years, the sesquiterpenes here are so predominant that you get to experience the ultimate Borneo smell. No distillation gimmicks or ridiculous claims about turning dust into gold, this is gold wood turned into gold oil by the hands of the best distillers at the time.

distillation year - 1980

Available as 1 ml, and 3 ml,
Ships directly from Oman

Attachments

• ACDACB25-15CF-4A7E-93BF-81F5CEA5DB2B.jpeg
    ACDACB25-15CF-4A7E-93BF-81F5CEA5DB2B.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

OudForm

Oud Fanatic
As a customer, I would be looking for it’s authenticity brother. Not meant to disrespect anyone here but how come many people claim to have SQ from 1980 and specifically only Borneo, Taif. Please clarify here. I would also like experts to pitch in and help me understand so that I can spend my hard earned money on authentic source.

zahir

Ouducation Student
Besides if we are not the experts then who you think is?, biased buyers who go to other houses and pay hundreds of thousands and dont question? Are those the experts?
Those other houses (primarily AA, EO, ASO) either distill the oils themselves, purchase it directly from the distillers or oversee it directly. I am not trying to endorse them, their practices or their prices but the authenticity of the products sold by them is the highest in this business.

The more hands you have between the distiller and the seller, the more the claims deserve to be scrutinized for verification. This is true not just for Oud.

I have no reason to state that how you are describing this product is false but, since we did open up this discussion, may I ask if there is objective proof to the following descriptions:
-That is is from Borneo.
-Made in 1980s.
-That it was made from heavy, resinous and sinking grade woods.
-Made by the best distillers of the time.
-Predominance of sesquiterpenes.

At the very least, I will definitely learn something. If how you have described the product is how it was described to you, I beg the question that how many people were there between the distiller and yourself that passed on this information?

The community should be grateful that such high quality oils are being here but we also deserve to know the details of the claims that are being out in the description of the items.

Hope my comment will be taken as constructive criticism and nothing else.

EJayB

True Ouddict
Those other houses (primarily AA, EO, ASO) either distill the oils themselves, purchase it directly from the distillers or oversee it directly. I am not trying to endorse them, their practices or their prices but the authenticity of the products sold by them is the highest in this business.

The more hands you have between the distiller and the seller, the more the claims deserve to be scrutinized for verification. This is true not just for Oud.

I have no reason to state that how you are describing this product is false but, since we did open up this discussion, may I ask if there is objective proof to the following descriptions:
-That is is from Borneo.
-Made in 1980s.
-That it was made from heavy, resinous and sinking grade woods.
-Made by the best distillers of the time.
-Predominance of sesquiterpenes.

At the very least, I will definitely learn something. If how you have described the product is how it was described to you, I beg the question that how many people were there between the distiller and yourself that passed on this information?

The community should be grateful that such high quality oils are being here but we also deserve to know the details of the claims that are being out in the description of the items.

Hope my comment will be taken as constructive criticism and nothing else.
I fully understand and am curious a lot of the time as well. As you said AA and ASO distill themselves and own a distillery so you know the story from the distiller ( would not put ensar in that group no disrespect but … )
The desire to know and the need to understand drives my own personal distillations

zahir

Ouducation Student
Yea
Sample it and see for yourself
And if you ask me for proof, you should ask all the other vendors who sell you kinam everyday the same
I wish I was buying Kinam 😂

I have objective ways to determine for myself whether the wood that I have is agarwood or Kinam. Oils are tricker for numerous reasons! And determining the origin of wood is much simpler than determining the origin of an oil just by smelling. Not to mention the fact that one can easily add odorless diluents or thickeners to the oil to increase their profit. Amongst many other issues. That's why buying direct from distillers is always the best option when it comes to oils but that's just my opinion. Having said that, I do not limit myself to buying from those who distill only.

@Elixir Attar since you are selling the oil publicly, how are you sure that the wood used was partly sinking and that it was made by the one best distiller of the time or are those just assumptions based on your impression of the oil?

zahir

Ouducation Student
I fully understand and am curious a lot of the time as well. As you said AA and ASO distill themselves and own a distillery so you know the story from the distiller ( would not put ensar in that group no disrespect but … )
The desire to know and the need to understand drives my own personal distillations
Indeed. Oud is not cheap and knowing what I am purchasing as much as possible makes me enjoy the oil more and adds an educational value to my purchases which helps me avoid being burned. And I can better gauge value for my $$$.

yoob.ye

True Ouddict
Agar Aura has also admitted to using distillers where he sourced the wood and distillers who sourced their own wood, but he oversaw the parameters in that process and cured it before release. I personally have never bought anything from Al Shareef Oudh so I can't comment there. I've bought from Imperial Oud and Rising Phoenix and they both have used outside distillers or acquired vintage oils from other distillers.

Being a hunter/distiller/blender/marketer/customer support at the same time gives the most authentic experience. I get the impression that everyone who has attempted that at some point has moved on. They just try to maintain the same image for optical reasons.