• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Subitism nuances

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh
Happy Monday all,

Quick question, is there a "shelf life" (usage limit) for mica sheets?

The ones that actually come in contact with the wood.
Not the others that house the heating element itself. ( at least not a concern at the moment [lol] )

In my formulaic process of trying to find the proper heat for my various samples, I'm starting to wonder if a fresh
mica sheet makes any difference versus a very used one.

Thank you

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Happy Monday all,

Not the others that house the heating element itself. ( at least not a concern at the moment [lol] )

In my formulaic process of trying to find the proper heat for my various samples, I'm starting to wonder if a fresh

Thank you
I use them sparingly and have experienced no adverse effect in doing so The wood I burn is still as detectable as day one use.

Happy Monday all,

Thank you
I use these:
then I dispose of them when there’s resin, so the burnt resin won’t interfere with the next session.

I tried wiping them clean with alcohol, then rinsed them in water, but once moisture gets in between the layers, they snap-crackle-pop as the moisture turns to steam, causing slivers to fly all over the place. I guess if I dried them thoroughly then the popping won’t happen. But I’ll never know, I’ve got a bunch of them, so I can just dispose of them each time.

If I need thicker pieces, I use these:

ChristianProgrammer

Rabshakeah Oudh