Socotran Frankincense - Boswellia Elongata - Comming Soon

Discussion in 'Tyson Mortensen' started by tyson, May 17, 2019.

1. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Socotran Frankincense - Boswellia Elongata

I think im well know now for my love of frankincense oil and its very near and dear to my heart . Ever since I first heard of this variety of Frankincese I knew I had to distill it and add my touch to the oil . Its been a challenge to get the real deal but ive found a supplier that has been dealing with it for a long time and has the genuine product . Ive never seen its oil for sale before and I really cant wait to be able to offer it in small amounts here and on my etsy page . This is the really unique frankincense from Socotra the other kind that's available is quite similar to Boswellia Sacra .
    There will also be an attar developed with this oil as its base .
    222222222222222222222.jpg 22222222222222222222.jpg 2222222222222222.jpg

How to know if this is an incense from Socotra island or fake?

• Incense from Socotra - sweet to the taste. If the taste is bitter - it is a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra is always in small pieces. If large enough pieces are peppered with something looks as talc, it's a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra quickly burns on the coal without a trace. If pieces of incense are coked during burning, it is a fake.
    • Incense from Socotra is almost completely dissolved in olive oil. If pieces of incense do not dissolve in oil - it is a fake.

AbasFrag, Ouddict, Bryan-I and 6 others like this.
  2. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Cool! This sounds like it has properties in common with freereana - complete combustion / dissolution being one. , frereana seems to melt and burn off completely while the sacra forms charred lumps. Your projects always intrigue me Tyson.

3. Grega

Grega Oud Fan

Nice to see you working on a new project Tyson. Like always I wish you good luck with it. The last frankincense sample I got from you was indeed wonderful and so I am curious how this one will compare.

And what a beautiful landscape in the picture! And the trees!

tyson likes this.
  4. Kabir Attars

Kabir Attars Whats this Oud About?

Please save some for me...lol:praying:

tyson likes this.
  5. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

I have some beautiful tangi cannabis plants growing and one of them is particularly very fragrant , smelling of tangerines/candy/skunk really an amazing combination . I was thinking of distilling this special flower with a kilo of the elongata . Lucky i live in canada were this is legal and i can do such things ^^. Id have to test the oil but i dont think it would contain any thc only the cannabis terps which are non psycho active .

hedycent and Bryan-I like this.
  6. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

Likewise I live where cannabis is legal. The range of scents is remarkable actually. I wish there were no association with drugs or illegality because this plant would be an aromatic legend. I’d wear the extracts as perfume. I don’t feel strongly one way or another about its psychoactivity. Earthy, piney, citrus, floral, musky, skunky, fruity, multilayered and hugely diverse. You’d never know it given how it smells when it’s burned.

tyson likes this.
  7. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

cannabis is one of the few plants on earth that can mimic almost any scent....
    in california there is a thriving cannabis derived terpene distillation market, its non psychoactive, and is used for flavoring, aromatic pursuits, and to add into cartridges and pens with thc distillate for vaporization....

hedycent and tyson like this.
  8. Mr.P

Mr.P Oud Fan

I’m in Oregon, similar deal. I’ve never tried sourcing thc-free distilled oil. I should distill my own, actually. Now there’s an opportunity. I have tried bringing the topic up before, it always dies here I am guessing because of illegality / paranoia in other regions. I will say this: oud / Jasmine / rose / sandalwood / ambergris / vetiver/ frankincense / musk lovers... there is another epic fragrant plant out there perhaps an aromatic legend on the level of (dare I say it?) oud itself. If you have avoided it because of the drug associations, don’t let that fool you. You are missing out on one major slice of the epic human-resonant fragrance pie!

Honestly if I were making perfume and had the option, I think cannabis oil adds complexity and richness on a level few others can match.

Joe King, hedycent and Grega like this.
  9. hedycent

hedycent Oud Fan

Now all 3 of you are free to discover a core yet taboo pilar of archaic incense. Open door burning bakhour maybe?

tyson, powdernose and Sproaty like this.

Promote Oud!