Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
Whoa I didn’t know this! We got a lot to talk about in that regard. I work with plant medicines as well.

Just watched a whole vice thing on this - people I think against synthetics in this arena but hamilton morris proved they are equally as effective and maybe better for the frog species long term.

Entheogens have played a role in a few of us here getting sober I think. Can only speak for myself but know there are a few more.

DMT equally as incredible as 5-meo too!

Tilt

Oud Fanatic
Fascinating thread!

I’m a Business English Trainer in Milan. I help companies with all their English language needs. My clients come from a pretty diverse range of sectors: banking, fashion, law, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and so on.

It’s very rewarding when my clients achieve their goals with my help and I get to meet people of all ages and backgrounds on a daily basis. Some have become good friends.

amanitamusc

Oud Fan
Just watched a whole vice thing on this - people I think against synthetics in this arena but hamilton morris proved they are equally as effective and maybe better for the frog species long term.

Entheogens have played a role in a few of us here getting sober I think. Can only speak for myself but know there are a few more.

DMT equally as incredible as 5-meo too!
There are some very positive benefits from ongoing clinical study with micro dosing ,shrooms and lsd 25 for anxiety and depression.

alex1971

Oud Beginner
I was working as night auditor in a hotel but since covid19 unemployed since a year ago
Trying to sell gemstones,oud oils,oud woods online and when have the money to travel I go hunting oud to indonesian jungles in sumatra and borneo and look for oils also to many people who distil It
Best wishes to all🙏

Proust Madeleine

True Ouddict
There are some very positive benefits from ongoing clinical study with micro dosing ,shrooms and lsd 25 for anxiety and depression.
Just read How to Change Your Mind. Very interesting stuff. My sister in law runs the psych department down in Sarasota and she’s a member of MAPS. Really fascinated with the work they’re doing to mainstream acceptance of this kind of clinical treatment.

Mr.P

oud<3er
Mushrooms are very interesting. Psilocybin is extremely easily metabolized and other than mental effects is easy on the body. Mushrooms have strong antidepressant effects, that is for sure. Doses too small to cause visual distortions can be very uplifting.

OudWala

Oud Beginner
User Experience/ User Interface/ Web Designer/ App Designer
Teaching to more than 96K students from 186 countries about UX Design

Last edited:

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
Mike Tyson seems to be big on this kind of stuff, I saw it on one of his MMA podcasts he was talking about it.

Ice baths also seem to be catching on as that increases dopamine by upto 500% very useful for neurodegenerative disorders and anxiety.

Oxygenated breathing also shown amazing effects for managing anxieties. When it comes to breathing methods then I believe that Oudh and other essential oils can be used to further aid the process

Arashiin

Oud Beginner
I was bored, and I’m new around here, so I thought I’d raise this thread from the dead for a moment to further introduce myself to you all.

I work between two jobs of dramatically different subject material—both of which you might say fall into the luxury retail clade, though I’m finding myself all but destined to add this forum’s subject matter to my resumé in due time.

In my first job, I work in a fine wine shop. I’m a professionally trained sommelier with several credentials in my title, though I’ve mostly placed that side of my life on the back burner since the plague. I’ve always enjoyed the agriculture and environmental influences, the chemistry and biological symphony, and the silent resting time in wood, all of which affect the resultant wine in the end. Though I do enjoy the occasional glass with friends, I don’t find myself much of a consumer of alcohol anymore, and seldom ever by myself. Something about the shared experience and olfactory spelunking into a glass of age’d elixir puts a smile on my face. I wonder if such a “blind tasting” group might be something ouddicts could get together over.

My second job finds me a short drive away at an old gun shop. Ours is an older type, servicing more hunter-oriented folks, and catering to the collectible market. Wartime relics and wheel guns, with your usual modern suspects aplenty. We specialize in purchasing and refurbishing used firearms for resale, and assisting folks in need of gunsmithing. I tend to bring a bit of my sommelier style to the shop in my interactions with folks, in an industry that’s otherwise rife with the more egotistical and opinionated types, I aim to charm and assist in meeting needs, rather than saddling someone with something unnecessary or unwieldy for their intended sporting or game purposes.

On my own time, I’m a professionally trained chef, and in the summer, I tend to an experimental garden every summer, with a focus on Japanese ingredients which I end up sharing with a local ramen chef in exchange for a meal once a week.

Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
I was bored, and I’m new around here, so I thought I’d raise this thread from the dead for a moment to further introduce myself to you all.

I work between two jobs of dramatically different subject material—both of which you might say fall into the luxury retail clade, though I’m finding myself all but destined to add this forum’s subject matter to my resumé in due time.

In my first job, I work in a fine wine shop. I’m a professionally trained sommelier with several credentials in my title, though I’ve mostly placed that side of my life on the back burner since the plague. I’ve always enjoyed the agriculture and environmental influences, the chemistry and biological symphony, and the silent resting time in wood, all of which affect the resultant wine in the end. Though I do enjoy the occasional glass with friends, I don’t find myself much of a consumer of alcohol anymore, and seldom ever by myself. Something about the shared experience and olfactory spelunking into a glass of age’d elixir puts a smile on my face. I wonder if such a “blind tasting” group might be something ouddicts could get together over.

My second job finds me a short drive away at an old gun shop. Ours is an older type, servicing more hunter-oriented folks, and catering to the collectible market. Wartime relics and wheel guns, with your usual modern suspects aplenty. We specialize in purchasing and refurbishing used firearms for resale, and assisting folks in need of gunsmithing. I tend to bring a bit of my sommelier style to the shop in my interactions with folks, in an industry that’s otherwise rife with the more egotistical and opinionated types, I aim to charm and assist in meeting needs, rather than saddling someone with something unnecessary or unwieldy for their intended sporting or game purposes.

On my own time, I’m a professionally trained chef, and in the summer, I tend to an experimental garden every summer, with a focus on Japanese ingredients which I end up sharing with a local ramen chef in exchange for a meal once a week.
There is a close link between our taste and smell. Cooking is a wonderful way to fine tune our sense of smell and taste.

-Renton-

True Ouddict
There is a close link between our taste and smell. Cooking is a wonderful way to fine tune our sense of smell and taste.
Yes, there is. The taste buds on your tongue are more like, how do I put it, sensory(?), they provide sensations of what you are eating. The groups are, Unami, Spicy, Bitter, Salty and Sweet. The nose does everything else when it comes to the "sensation" of actual TASTE. That's why when you have a really badly blocked nose, or you just hold your nostrils really tight together and you will hardly taste anything, but if it is seriously spicy or salty, or bitter, you will feel that.

My cousin is a chef in hollywood, he has worked as a chef at Michelin star restaurants and is (or was, dont keep much contact) a private chef for the famous actors, singers etc. and has a house in the same neighbourhood as Christian Bale, at one point atleast.