Mr.P

oud<3er
Reishi is available over the counter everywhere. It’s subtle to the point of many people noticing nothing. I also think you need to take it for a while for it to begin to have an effect although I always feel calm after a cup of tea.

Amanita muscaria are legal, but not exactly psychedelic. They are more of a deliriant.

Mushrooms in the genus Psilocybe are illegal on the federal level have been decriminalized in some states like Oregon, and are beginning to be used for psychotherapeutic purposes in the United States. It feels absolutely absurd that these things are illegal, given the availability of alcohol and tobacco and sugar-loaded sodas, and things like that.

Psilocybes do not always equate to being completely out of your gourd (although some folks seem to like the experience and take large doses to make sure they get it). Tiny doses are also very effective similar to Prozac, or something like that, but longer lasting and potentially more potent depending on the dosage.

One thing I will say about them… for me they were like the opposite of other drugs in the sense that there is no hangover, and in fact, I generally felt calm, clear headed, light on my toes, more productive at work, etc. pretty much the opposite of a hangover.

Another nice thing is the active ingredients (psilocin, psilocybin) is one of the most non-toxic substances and your body effortlessly metabolizes and excretes them. I recall reading it is somewhat remarkable in this respect.

Last edited:

Adweeya Mufriha

Oud Mystic
haha is everyone's day job consuming magic mushrooms ?

(just joking: I was surprised to find this discussion on a thread with this title 🤣 )

Where I live, in the Franco-Swiss Jura mountain range (where the name jurassic comes from), the psilocybe semilanceata (liberty cap ?) grows abundantly in the wild. Thus, many peeps, me included, when young and crazy go collect them and party with them (the best experiences I find were when taken fresh in nature, under the stars, with a bonfire).

I my adult years, I have used them for meditation and spiritual contemplation (wonderful facilitator, when channelized) and for microdosing. About the latter, I find the effect on mood, psyche, etc. absolutely genuine, useful and quite impressive.

Amanita muscaria also grows widely. While some people use it as an entheogen, others use them more medicinally (even making efficient external balms with it, for pain or skin problems), but both are minorities, and it is not widely used.

While not legal, Switzerland is really relaxed with those things, and never heard of anyone who had problem collecting or consuming. Many people here also order growing kits (psilocybe cubensis, often, I think also p. cyanescens), some prepare and sell excellent artisan chocolates made with them, etc. Microdosing has become widespread even with people who do not consume any other entheogens. Many people use them in difficult times to assist with mental health, with substantial results.

One thing that is abundantly clear, is that between my uni days and today (aherm that is 30 years), all the liberty caps fields that I knew in my my students days are now completely dry, and you only find them much higher and northern exposure. If things keep going at this rate with climate changes, they might not grow any more in a couple of decades 😭

... but maybe we'll get cactii to replace them 🙃

Last edited: