Lantis

Oud Fan
I got a few EO samples from luckyscent and just tried Satori Fusho today - really love the profile. It's so floral and fresh on me with no funk going on, even my partner who doesn't always appreciate my fragrance commented that it was beautiful......
So my question is, based on the description i couldn't really tell what region Satori Fusho is from. Does anyone have a good idea on that, and what are some similar oils i can get my hands on?

Satori Fusho is
Papua New Guinea/Thailand

People’s Sultan is also
Papua New Guinea/Thai
and is similar to the profile of Satori Fusho
but!! not close enough imo.

Lantis

Oud Fan
Satori Fusho is
Papua New Guinea/Thailand

People’s Sultan is also
Papua New Guinea/Thai
and is similar to the profile of Satori Fusho
but!! not close enough imo.
Thanks for your response! I will mark that down. I'm still very early on in my oud oil exploration, so i'm sure i will come across something else i like in the future :)

pcmm

Oud Beginner
Hi Lantis,

judging by the profile, maybe you could get your hands on some Sri Lankan oud oils. Perhaps People's Silani? It's not the same and I'm afraid it'll be hard to get a dupe, but Sri Lankan oils do tend to have more floral profiles with zero funk. Another option for zero funk is to look at Borneo (Malinau) ouds (though they'd be lacking the 'fresh' component). If you're looking for something floral, mellow, smooth (without the fresh part), I'd also recommend Blue Yunnan from EO. It's amazing. Most people who smelled it on me thought it was an attar.

Lantis

Oud Fan
Hi Lantis,

judging by the profile, maybe you could get your hands on some Sri Lankan oud oils. Perhaps People's Silani? It's not the same and I'm afraid it'll be hard to get a dupe, but Sri Lankan oils do tend to have more floral profiles with zero funk. Another option for zero funk is to look at Borneo (Malinau) ouds (though they'd be lacking the 'fresh' component). If you're looking for something floral, mellow, smooth (without the fresh part), I'd also recommend Blue Yunnan from EO. It's amazing. Most people who smelled it on me thought it was an attar.
Thanks pcmm! People's Silani is actually next up on my list haha. Blue Yunnan does sound like something i would appreciate too