1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Sandalwood Oil

Discussion in 'Sandalwood' started by Oudamberlove, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fanatic

You have done a great favor to this forum. thank you.

Ouddict likes this.
  2. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

lol today’s been busy... had to ban two people today for fraud and this other guy... I think the only thing appropriate about him was his username. Sublunacy.

Mustafa likes this.
  3. Mustafa

Mustafa Oud Fanatic

Hahaha, I will be honest with you. I didn't even look at his username until you mentioned. That's the kind of attention they deserve.

Ouddict likes this.
  4. Castingshadows

Castingshadows Oud Fan

I have some vintage Mysore incense from the 70’s and to my knowledge (it was gifted to me) it’s legit. It smells legit as well when burned. What I’m wondering is wether or not it’s okay to take the incense and tincture it if I scrape all the powder off the sticks and soak it in alcohol for a week? Has anyone done this before and are the results desirable?

The sandalwood burns a little too hot on the stick and ends up with a heavy charred wood smell half way through the burn so I’d rather tincture it and see how it holds up in a perfume.

5. Chipkill

Chipkill Whats this Oud About?

Deleted

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  6. Ashfaque

Ashfaque Analogue Oud

I haven't, but heard R.Adam answering someone on IG that tincturing (only) sandalwood will capture a relatively faint aroma. My guess it will be same or even less (if there is other materials in it).

If you know those are legit and you have a lot, then try one or two and see if you like it.

However, in case you haven't considered, the best thing would be to get a temperature adjustable incense heater (or make one, very easy to make one) and then put 2.0-2.5cm length of the incense on low heat. It will easily last for at least 30-40 minutes in a (3x3) meters room.

7. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

I agree about using the electric heater. You can definitely tincture it but it will be a waste. Sandalwood tinctures are excellent in their own way but you need a large amount of material to get one that's really enjoyable, and even then they only capture some aspects of the scent .

Promote Oud!