Sandalwood Oil

Discussion in 'Sandalwood' started by Oudamberlove, Jul 22, 2016.

1. mlb78

mlb78 Whats this Oud About?

Absolutely!! Please and thank you!

2. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Anyone have a good source for the Australian plantation santalum album? I have smelled some recent batches that were quite nice - a local shop has 5ml for $75 - this seems overpriced to me. Any good online sources? Thank you

3. Joe King

Joe King AttitOud

4. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

Thanks

5. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

Al Hashimi Santal X and Timor 95

The Timor oil WOW:eek:
    Nice.....in the genre of Habz Sahm and FO 100k Hybrid.

6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Dear Oudamberlove, write more about its scent, quality of scent, and if this extract is different from oils, in what way.

Extract Vs Oil

7. Oudamberlove

Oudamberlove Member

The Santal X is like the Oud Dhul Q of Sandalwood oils. A very thick oil and somewhat smoky. My impression is that it is an intimate way to connect with Sandalwood, not perfumy, but a glowing deepness hovering over your skin. A very new and unique way to enjoy Sandal. But as with oud versus oudh chips, the actual wood on a heater is still much better. Hats off to Al Hashimi, it’s a nice creation.

The effects of the Timor 95 vs the X, well, we should not mix our apples with our oranges, they are different categories IMO.

Timor 95 as with Sahm and 100k hybrid. Shining examples of opening note wonders. If the opening would stay the same all the way to drydown, then put away all other Sandals, we wouldn’t need the butter anymore:Roflmao::Roflmao:

8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

It's sheer seduction:p:Roflmao:.

9. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock Oud Fan

Today I apply sandalwood oil from Burma
    This oil is amazing and crazy unique, not like anything else but yet so sandalwood!
    It has an unusual top notes that I was told come from the ionic exchange from the clay pots used in this particular distillation . It comes from the pristine forest of northern Burma, super old trees. This is a conflict area and little oil of this quality is ever exported.

10. landscape of desire

landscape of desire Whats this Oud About?

sounds amazing.... ive never smelled sandalwood from myanmar....

RisingPhoenix likes this.

Promote Oud!