Alion22

Oud Fanatic
Hello everyone, how have you been ?
I'm looking to buy 2 ou 3kg of sandalwood chips of medium quality but i didn't find any good offers or a reliable seller on the internet
Do you guys know any good supplier ?

Thank you very much

Santal Claus

True Ouddict
Hello everyone, how have you been ?
I'm looking to buy 2 ou 3kg of sandalwood chips of medium quality but i didn't find any good offers or a reliable seller on the internet
Do you guys know any good supplier ?

Thank you very much
This depends on what you species you are looking for. For Santalum album, it's virtually everywhere on Ebay and Etsy since the Australian S. album plantations became really productive in 2014. Vendors seem to buy wood in bulk from the plantation companies and offer it in smaller quantities. Quintis, the larger of the two Australian S. Album producers, has a retail site called The Sandalwood Shop. You can purchase 100 grams of S. album chips for 29.95 AUD. For orders over 1 kilogram, they have a contact page. I have smelled the powder of that wood; it's fragrant, good and satisfies when you heat it on low.

If Australia's more numerous native species is your thing, New Mountain Merchants, famous for their sandalwood mosquito sticks, carries bulk Santalum spicatum chips and powder at a good price. I'm not sure if you've purchased bulk before, but unless you are required to do a sandalwood barbecue every day to appease the sandalwood gods, those kilo purchases last forever and you'll find you have more than you need. The Sandalwood Shop sells spicatum in smaller quantities if you wanted to just dabble with that species. I hope this helps.

hedycent

True Ouddict
This depends on what you species you are looking for. For Santalum album, it's virtually everywhere on Ebay and Etsy since the Australian S. album plantations became really productive in 2014. Vendors seem to buy wood in bulk from the plantation companies and offer it in smaller quantities. Quintis, the larger of the two Australian S. Album producers, has a retail site called The Sandalwood Shop. You can purchase 100 grams of S. album chips for 29.95 AUD. For orders over 1 kilogram, they have a contact page. I have smelled the powder of that wood; it's fragrant, good and satisfies when you heat it on low.

If Australia's more numerous native species is your thing, New Mountain Merchants, famous for their sandalwood mosquito sticks, carries bulk Santalum spicatum chips and powder at a good price. I'm not sure if you've purchased bulk before, but unless you are required to do a sandalwood barbecue every day to appease the sandalwood gods, those kilo purchases last forever and you'll find you have more than you need. The Sandalwood Shop sells spicatum in smaller quantities if you wanted to just dabble with that species. I hope this helps.
Thank you Santal Claus,
Great appraisal of the availability reality

Alion22

Oud Fanatic

thank you very much santal claus for the detailed response,
i'm searching for any type of sandalwood chips as long as it's real, to be honest i wanna resell it, most sandalwood in my country is fake, so i wanna bring the real thing for a change even if it's of low quality.
Most etsy vendors don't ship to morocco, but this new mountain merchant looks promising, good prices and a lot of choice

Santal Claus

True Ouddict
Thank you Santal Claus,
Great appraisal of the availability reality
Yeah, thanks to the innovation in Australia, decent S. album or "Indian" sandalwood is now readily available. I know that the members here like the smell of the chips and powder from those really old trees (who doesn't?), but the plantation wood is fairly good at this point. I've read that the plantations are able to get fragrant heartwood in their trees in as little as 15 years through trial and error and their own techniques. What I hope is that they let some of those trees continue to grow and harvest them years from now. It would be interesting to see how a 30-year old plantation tree's heartwood is.

Santal Claus

True Ouddict
i'm searching for any type of sandalwood chips as long as it's real, to be honest i wanna resell it, most sandalwood in my country is fake, so i wanna bring the real thing for a change even if it's of low quality.
Most etsy vendors don't ship to morocco, but this new mountain merchant looks promising, good prices and a lot of choice
Bear in mind that New Mountain is more of a S. spicatum bulk supplier, which has quite a different smell than "Indian" or S. album. It's good, but distinct, more woody and less creamy. I'd at least give the S. album chips a try too. Enjoy!!!

Hamza H

Resident Artisan
Hi there. I can facilitate any bulk purchases of sandalwood :)