DubOudh

Aster Oudh
My favourite tree and it has nothing to do with Oudh.....
BBC report...
A growing wildfire in California is threatening the largest grove of giant sequoias in Yosemite National Park.
The Washburn Fire has doubled in size over the past 24 hours, and it is now estimated to have burned 1,591 acres.
The blaze, which started on 7 July, threatens at least 500 giant sequoias in the Mariposa Grove, including the famed Grizzly Giant which is thought to be around 3,000 years old.

For now, none of them have been destroyed by the fire..
I know @EJayB from our community lives in that region.....stay save....🙏🙏
These trees are just divine relatives.....what a sight it must have been to behold a forest of these very sacred trees.
We really have entered troubling times for humanity on our planet.
Take care everyone because nature never takes prisoners when under threat.....

Attachments

• gettyimages-539937094-612x612.jpg
    gettyimages-539937094-612x612.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 54

EJayB

True Ouddict
The good news is that fire in theses areas is usually a fast rolling fire that burns the underbrush and moves fast leaving most of the trees unharmed. Lots of smoke from these fires and that’s the real problem. For now the skies are clear in my area

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
The good news is that fire in theses areas is usually a fast rolling fire that burns the underbrush and moves fast leaving most of the trees unharmed. Lots of smoke from these fires and that’s the real problem. For now the skies are clear in my area
I think I seen some work done to try and protect the trees earlier in the year or could have been last year, so many fires across the state these days.....well take care......

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
I'm near there, go there every year for a drive through the park. Fire is a natural. Redwood bark is very fire resistant for a reason. These big trees are amazing but fire is part of the normal ecosystem and human interference has made things worse.
I don't do a bucket list....but if I did....then seeing these beauties in their natural environment would be number one for me.....insha'allah.....

The Scent Guru

Agarwhoreder
Staff member
I don't do a bucket list....but if I did....then seeing these beauties in their natural environment would be number one for me.....insha'allah.....
Yosemite has so much to offer visually, I've been there in winter camping, it's so awesome, the park is relatively empty!

Every visit to Yosemite is a unique experience, it changes radically by season and year to year.

Giant sequoia are not limited to the park though, some of the largest and oldest trees are up north, closer to the coast and nearer to @EJayB including the one you can drive through on the Avenue of the Redwoods west of Willets Ca. I'll be there in two weeks myself.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
Yosemite has so much to offer visually, I've been there in winter camping, it's so awesome, the park is relatively empty!

Every visit to Yosemite is a unique experience, it changes radically by season and year to year.

Giant sequoia are not limited to the park though, some of the largest and oldest trees are up north, closer to the coast and nearer to @EJayB including the one you can drive through on the Avenue of the Redwoods west of Willets Ca. I'll be there in two weeks myself.
I would certainly appreciate any photos from that area you might get...I have seen the tree with the road through it...

Tauhid Shaikh

True Ouddict
My favourite tree and it has nothing to do with Oudh.....
BBC report...
A growing wildfire in California is threatening the largest grove of giant sequoias in Yosemite National Park.
The Washburn Fire has doubled in size over the past 24 hours, and it is now estimated to have burned 1,591 acres.
The blaze, which started on 7 July, threatens at least 500 giant sequoias in the Mariposa Grove, including the famed Grizzly Giant which is thought to be around 3,000 years old.

For now, none of them have been destroyed by the fire..
I know @EJayB from our community lives in that region.....stay save....🙏🙏
These trees are just divine relatives.....what a sight it must have been to behold a forest of these very sacred trees.
We really have entered troubling times for humanity on our planet.
Take care everyone because nature never takes prisoners when under threat.....
Thanks for sharing. I have been following the news. This saddens me very much.

Yosemite happens to be one of my favorite places, I go there at least once every year around fall.

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
trees are safe so far I saw on the news this morning they'd set sprinklers up. Hopefully the area of the park revives fresh and green next spring.
Of course I am very aware of the human tragedy unfolding across Europe and the wider world....but they are a part of life and I always have respect for my elders, be they human or not......😇

Josephdavid

Oud Fan
Yosemite is probably my favorite place on Earth to be (of all the places I’ve been to), I love these sequoias and the sweeping landscapes.

If any get a chance visit Glacier Point- the view from up there can be quite dizzying for some individuals. 🙂