Gary K

Oud Beginner
I'm surprised this didn't get any action. I downloaded the article figuring to revitalize some long dormant "science" muscles. Even with some science background and motivation I couldn't get far. I am still recommending the article and the website "academia.edu". I might have had to register, but by accessing the article I'm being sent other frankincense articles. I'm happy to read the conclusions rather than try to wade through the entire articles. So many ideas are floating around the attributes of oils and resins it is good to see some rigor applied to them (especially when benefits are backed up).

Anyway, I'd love to hear thoughts on these and other articles and best ways to use the materials to achieve effectiveness

RisingPhoenix

Resident Artisan
I'm surprised this didn't get any action. I downloaded the article figuring to revitalize some long dormant "science" muscles. Even with some science background and motivation I couldn't get far. I am still recommending the article and the website "academia.edu". I might have had to register, but by accessing the article I'm being sent other frankincense articles. I'm happy to read the conclusions rather than try to wade through the entire articles. So many ideas are floating around the attributes of oils and resins it is good to see some rigor applied to them (especially when benefits are backed up).

Anyway, I'd love to hear thoughts on these and other articles and best ways to use the materials to achieve effectiveness

yeah ... Some of these articles I post seem to fly under the radar. Not sure if people are reading them and not commenting on them, or simply missing them entirely

Ahmed S

Oud Beginner
735daa25cc5d2e7a93aef244e7cfe10d.jpg

Extract taken from The Encyclopaedia of Natural Medicine (Michael T Murray 3rd Edition ). Sulphasalazine is a powerful immune suppressant used against auto immune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohns Disease (referred to CD in this article).

I also copy and paste an extract on the chapter of Frankincense from Medicine of the Prophet (Al Jawziyyah)...

‘Luban is hot in the second degree and dry in the first degree. It is also a mild constipation agent. It is very benecial and its side effects are minimal. Among the benefits of the Luban is that it stops and heals bleeding, stomach ache, diarrhea, helps digest the food, gets rid of flatulence, cures eye sores, helps the body grow esh on most ulcers and strengthens the weak stomach. Luban also dries the phlegm and the moistures accumulating in the chest, cures eyesight impairment and prevents malignant sores from progressing.
When Luban is chewed alone or mixed with Persian thyme, it will provoke phlegm, release and relax the tongue muscles and help the mind become sharper. When the Luban is burnt, it helps cure some illnesses and makes the air smell fresh’.