Ramadan Sale

Discussion in 'Imperial Oud' started by Faizal_p, May 10, 2019.

1. Faizal_p

Faizal_p Resident Artisan

Our Ramadan sale is now on, use RAMADAN20 at the checkout, min spend $200

Taooudist, Sproaty, Martin and 2 others like this.
  2. Mazhar

Mazhar Just Arrived

My order is on it way, I reckon I missed this discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Mikhalil

Mikhalil Whats this Oud About?

Salaam. I was poking around your site and the Nha Trang caught my eye. I’ve never smelled a Vietnamese oil before. Can anyone (IO folks or general oud lover) let me know what it’s like? Is there a region it’s similar to in any way? Looks like a lighter color, so maybe something in the Hainan vein?

Taooudist likes this.
  4. Edward jay Bullock

Edward jay Bullock Whats this Oud About?

I just received a sample on Royal Nha Trang, beautiful oil . light and lots of top note. Cinnamon and spices with maybe a touch of Mellon with s steady slide into leather but oh so subtle. Hope this helps and thanks IO for the amazing oil. As A side IO’s wild Assam wood is off the chart!

5. Mikhalil

I guess my thing is that the sweet, light ouds really aren’t my top tier preference in the first place, although they’re certainly nice as a change once every few swipes, but I already have a Trat, Hainan, and Borneo. What I’m wondering if Nha Trang is different enough to warrant a look...

6. Paul

Paul Just Arrived

I have only tried Royal Nha Trang 4 times so far but I would say that my overall impression is that it is not an oud that is clearly different. Its not going to shout difference at you. Its very well balanced and nuanced. There are sweet notes but they are far from the "explosion of fruit" sort of thing. There is something slightly medicinal and bitter but again it does not shout. There is a very pleasant warm earthy smell that starts to come through and then there is a very welcome warm sensual and leathery with hints of woodiness end to it. One might say that beauty in a person is less about having striking features than about having balanced and proportionate features. If that can be said of an oil, then this is such an oil. I would not buy it as a standout oil but as an outstanding oil. I have not tried the far more expensive Nha Trang oils out there, so I can't comment on how this oil compares to them but it is a beautiful balanced oil at a price point that is still accessible.

Taooudist, Martin, Grega and 4 others like this.
  7. Mikhalil

Thank you for taking the time to write that up, very helpful!

Dan likes this.
  8. Faizal_p

There are some similarities to Hainan sinensis where the hints of green mint and earth poke through but as Paul mentioned the other notes of cinnamon, watermelon, leather, milky oudiness all play a significant but dignified part in the profile.
    Hope that helps

Mikhalil and Dan like this.
  9. Faizal_p

Sale ends in 2 days...

Promote Oud!