• IMPORTANT NOTICE: DURING THIS MONTH, WE WILL BE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO OUDDICT AND SOME WILL INVOLVE EITHER TAKING THE SITE OFFLINE OR THE REMOVAL OF FEATURES. PLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE WE TRY AND IMPROVE THE EXPERIENCE PROVIDED BY THIS SITE TO ITS VALUED MEMBERS, THANK YOU.

Purple Cambodi - 10 Year Old Oudh Oil

Hamza H

True Ouddict
"Purple Cambodi 2010"

Cambodi oudh is one of the most desired of oudhs, demanded especially by the Arabs of the Gulf. Over time it has come to be one of the most distinguished and esteemed of oudh fragrances.

It often brings a unique and different aroma than most oudhs, an aroma of distinct fruitiness and honey and tea like sweetness. Some oudhs are often said to be "Cambodi like" to emphasise their scent profile and quality - such is the allure and draw of Cambodi.

Purple Cambodi is a 10 year old aged oudh oil, bringing the renowned and traditional Cambodi scent profile. Created by and sourced from a prestigious artisan with multiple decades in oudh, this special fragrance is embedded with a remarkable heritage and tradition.

The scent profile opens up powerfully with minty and camphor like notes, as the heart notes enter in we find floral velvety notes, zest and tea like sweetness - ever so reminding of the typical Cambodi scent profile.

Within the base is a lasting sweet Cambodi oudh aroma with oudh as the predominant base note.

All Ouddicts get in touch for launch discounts!

AdobeStock_307980626h500.jpeg

https://theattarstore.com/products/purple-cambodi

Hamza H

True Ouddict
"Purple Cambodi Oil... oh my... easily the best Cambodi oil I've tried. If you'd told me it was distilled by one of the Oriscent distillers, I wouldn't have second guessed that statement (was it? lol :D ). The opening is spectacular- it brings to mind a collection of paradoxical qualities: a heavy and dark purple dried plum (so smooth), yet with an airy ethereal, bright fruit blossom present on the other side of spectrum; likewise, the first impression is almost like a cooling fog which, after further inspection and listening, becomes strikingly warmer like just a drizzle of fruit syrup.

This is in an entirely different class from other Cambodian oils I've tried- like a clear ruby in comparison to an opaque one. No barn is present- only a cherry/plumb tobacco and a dash of earth. The fruity, astringent twang which usually characterizes Cambodis are something I like less often than other oud profiles; this one is an exception because it stops just short of having a puckering twang- enough to excite without being off-putting.

This is the first Cambodi I'd call smooth and dazzling. Its dry down clings close to the skin, and is similar enough to have me reminisce on its initial beauty. Definitely an oil that deserves attention when worn for artistic appreciation and meditation. I'm almost afraid to try it in greater quantities to see how far it projects- but honestly thats almost irrelevant to me.

I even did a comparison with King Kambodi from EO, which I found to be a good quality Cambodi; the results were clear- Purple Cambodi was in a realm KK couldn't reach yet within the same price range :) I felt no desire to purchase KK; now I feel I must get 1g of this insha'Allah!"

Review by Lucas