I am SMAQ

Oud Beginner
Hello All,
I am a Attar collector and enthusiast but not a perfumer Off course . I was reading a discussion on the forum (https://www.ouddict.com/threads/oxidation-and-its-effect-on-oils.1125/#post-37356) regarding oxidation of Attar/ essential oils. I have a Sandalwood Oil and I want it to age faster through oxidation.
Can anyone please help me out and let me know the correct procedure to do that without damaging the oil, I am reading through many of such articles but not getting exact idea.
Thanks in Advance to all the experts in the Forum.
Thanks & Regards
I am SMAQ

I am not an expert in aging oils, but I believe that oxidizing an oil is not really aging it. Oxidation will bring about an undesireable effect for the most part. The notes may become dusty, and harsh, rather than tighter and rounder. I have first hand experience with Sandalwood oils. Let them age with minimal exposure to oxygen.
Sandalwood oils and most ouds are very hardy, but that is not reason enough to subject them to oxidation.

Mr.P

oud<3er
I think oudamberlove is correct and you should not force oxidize them. That said, if you wanted to force oxidation the key is exposure to air. Put the oil in a very large bottle so it is spread into a thin film. Leave the lid off or loose and see what happens. Light and heat speed up the process.