Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
We are making changes to the user interface on Ouddict to make it a better experience - especially for newcomers who may be more used to social media interfaces such as Facebook.

The reply window used to be positioned at the end of a thread and at the bottom, whereas we have now moved it to the start of a thread and at the top.

Before casting your vote, bear in mind that people are generally resistant to change and almost always prefer what we are used to, so try and think about how a new user might also view the old display format and whether they would find it as “easy” and “obvious” as someone who may have been on the forum for a while.

Arsalan

True Ouddict
Now i get it, new posts & reply box on top is a social media thing...I’ve been on various forums for years, never saw one set up that way...

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Now i get it, new posts & reply box on top is a social media thing...I’ve been on various forums for years, never saw one set up that way...

Yes the changes to the post order and reply box position were prompted by suggestions from newcomers as they found the layout confusing when coming from social media sites. Most forums just leave the default settings which people get used to, but as @ander.s pointed out, most forums are configured on the default settings and users who are used to forums, may find the changes unsettling. The question that I need to answer is whether Ouddict can attract more users with the new settings or not.