1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Perfumes

Discussion in 'Perfume Corner' started by Benyben, Mar 4, 2017.

1. AbasFrag

AbasFrag Oud Burner

Masha'Allah!

Have you try anything new?

2. F4R1d0uX

F4R1d0uX Resident Artisan

Happy to see everything is good for you bro :Thumbsup:.

Having some rest for ramadhan ?

3. Benyben

Benyben Perfume Lover

Al hamdoullillah very nice i love Ramadan

4. Benyben

Benyben Perfume Lover

But the oud IS good for the prayer of taraweh for the concentration and spiritualité i think

5. F4R1d0uX

Im not with your mind I think oud is good for the nose and concentration is good for you but I respect your choice :Thumbsup: many people think the same.

How is taraweeh in your place ? Good vibe ? Tea with brothers ?

Mandeel AlMandeel and AbasFrag like this.
  6. Benyben

Benyben Perfume Lover

The Ramadan on Europe IS not same the Muslim country

Mandeel AlMandeel and AbasFrag like this.
  7. F4R1d0uX

Yes must he different vibe, never been to Algeria during ramadan.

Have you ever been ?

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  8. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Going to recreate this in an attar but not entirely sure of all the ingredient yet but should be a fun project . Got some Hawaiian Vetiver , Himalayan Cedar , IO Ceylon Sandalwood , Ylang Ylang " not sure where to get a high grade one so taking suggestions" i like the complete better than the extra though so going to use that . and citrus was thinking of using Bergamont , still not sure if there is anything else in the 70's version so if anyone knows what they used that would be great if not i have a few people with good noses helping , not like there going to tell me what they used :p https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Crabtree__Evelyn/Extract_of_Mysore_Sandalwood

9. F4R1d0uX

I think for normal command hermitage oils can do the job, they are on holidays until hune 10th this is where I'd buy my raw materials for perfumes, eden botanicals never disapointed but real customs problems for Europe. (They put my name in company name section assuming automaticaly that I was a professional).

Excepted that dissapointment, every single product was fabulous :Thumbsup:.

Mandeel AlMandeel, tyson and AbasFrag like this.
  10. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

Thankyou for the suggestions ive never heard about hermitage oils looks like that have some amazing products . Im going to get some of there blood orange instead of bergamont for the mix ^^

F4R1d0uX and Mandeel AlMandeel like this.
  11. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Have any of you guys tried Fragrance Du Bois offerings?Ive tried Oud Bleu and Oud Rouge Intense, they are great and smell like they actually used some real oud in it.

12. Aleata

Aleata Oud Mood

Hi, I have tried two of their perfumes, plus a sample that the miss in the shop (I said miss, in fact she is a real Miss Switzerland 2016, now working in the Fragrance du bois shop in Geneva :)).
    In my humble opinion it is 100% pure shit. 30min after spraying, the oud scent completely disappeared, leaving an horrible synthetic smell. I tried with my niece (12 years old, not many hormones perspiring the skin) same result. I also tried to spray upon textil without success, only a horrible cheap smell stay on the clothes and for a very long time (2 month and I can still smell this smell on my jacket...). Price of a bottle : 750 dollars, no more comment.
    After this I tried "The Night" by Frederic Malle. This perfume is quite good. I manage to get the vendor to give me a sample, and this 3 times (three different vendors). Very nice perfume, strong impression on people. Many people asking what I was wearing.
    In fact, I was hesitating during 2 month between buying "The Night" 50ml bottle 650 dollars, and my first bottle of oud.
    Finally, I choose to buy the "Ultimate Oud Sampler" from Ensar (349 dollars) and 10gr of "Irian Zen" EO (190 dollars, also my first Agarwood wood) and to conclude the "Sandalwood Kit" EO (149 dollars). I am a literature student so I have eaten potatoes for 1 and half a month. But guys, I can assure you, and you know that better than anyone if you are here, that I have made the right choice. Since then I have had the opportunity to get another sample of "The Night" and to say the truth I throw it away. After 2 months of savoring oud samples every day, I could not stand the synthetic cocktail of ingredients whose perfume is composed (even if it is a very nice perfume, with, for sure, some real oud in it).
    Sorry for these long lines, initially I was just giving my view of "Fragrance du Bois" :). Anyway, I hope this can be useful for someone !

Bilalw, Ouddict, MzM and 3 others like this.
  13. F4R1d0uX

Ahahahahah the night contains real oud anyway !

Mandeel AlMandeel likes this.
  14. riviera274

riviera274 Administrator and Hindi Lover Staff Member

Don't know if we tried same scents from the brand but Oud Bleu is love at first sniff for me...bottle on its way.

15. F4R1d0uX

Congrats my friend will see on basenotes ;)

Mandeel AlMandeel and riviera274 like this.
  16. If I'm not wrong they own plantations in Thailand is Thailand company with some European perfumes maker and they was sale pure organic oud and I try it from my brother and is nice but I didn't try before any perfumes from them that really sad if they use synthetic oud with expansive perfumes ...

F4R1d0uX and riviera274 like this.
  17. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

@Benyben long time no hear how are you?

AbasFrag likes this.
  18. Benyben

Benyben Perfume Lover

Hy my bro i'm good thanks and you?

Ouddict and AbasFrag like this.
  19. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Your perfume corner missed you. ;)