Al Hashimi

Resident Artisan
We have been working since last year to build a distillery in Saudi Arabia and distill the highest grade oils using Zamzam water and other precious ingredients procured last year directly from Mecca when Malik visited the Holy City for Umrah (Pilgrimage). Unfortunately the coronavirus pandemic delayed the completion of the distillery until this August when we started our first distillation with Zamzam water and Taif Rose Hydrosol.

The distillation is now complete and we have many lined more up that I am sure will excite people. I will leave Malik to post here with more details later today.

Around 18 months ago the team at Al Hashimi had a dream to conduct a Zamzam distillation. Soon after, Malik decided to make an epic 40-hour round trip journey to Mecca for pilgrimage by car across the Arabian deserts from the East Coast to the West and back. He used the opportunity to return back with countless gallons of Zamzam water and bottles of the finest Taif Rose Hydrosol to be used in creating a unique oil from the best incense-grade Thai wood we could lay our hands on, infused with a magnificent floral note to produce an Oud Parfum.

We could go on about how our first distillation was a demonstration of successful olfactory alchemy, after we deliberately chose to distil organic Thai incense grade wood instead of some sinking grade wild exotic wood from the Philippines (that’s on the way). We could use countless superlatives to describe the sublime scent that transforms what should be just another Thai organic oil into something that could sit in the Versailles Osmothèque alongside Parfums Rares. We could write tomes on the amazing and miraculous properties of Zamzam water, or the majestic floral notes that characterise Taif Rose.

We could all of the above, but we won’t because ultimately what counts is whether it serves its purpose in compelling you to raise your wrist to your nose repeatedly as you savour one of the most delicate and exquisite aromas that money can buy. It does that for us and we don’t sell oud oils that we would not use ourselves, so we invite you to join the small privileged club that is fortunate enough to experience this scent. The yield was not great, so quantities are extremely limited. It will be coming soon to our website so do not miss out.

Last edited:

DubOudh

Aster Oudh
We have been working since last year to build a distillery in Saudi Arabia and distill the highest grade oils using Zamzam water and other precious ingredients procured last year directly from Mecca when Malik visited the Holy City for Umrah (Pilgrimage). Unfortunately the coronavirus pandemic delayed the completion of the distillery until this August when we started our first distillation with Zamzam water and Taif Rose Hydrosol.

The distillation is now complete and we have many lined up that I am sure will excite people. I will leave Malik to post here with more details later today.
alhamdulellah......

AbasFrag

Oud Burner
20201106_145321.jpg

Yes that is the actual wood that got distilled :D:Inlove:

Last edited:

Mr.P

oud<3er
“We could use countless superlatives to describe the sublime scent that transforms what should be just another Thai organic oil into something that could sit in the Versailles Osmothèque alongside Parfums Rares.”

That’s quite a boast…

Grega

True Ouddict
Hi, the site seems to be down for quite some time. Are you operating from another place? Thank you.
Yeah I find it quite weird that there has not been any notification neither here nor anywhere else (to my knowledge) about it. Similar to La Maison Khenata just suddenly stopping with no word about it.