1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Oudline?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.P, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr.P

Mr.P Evoloudtionary Bioudlogist

I never see Oudline mentioned as a source here. I got some of the most fantastic ouds at really reasonable prices with them. I have this Malaysian oil from them that is without equal, and it was a steal. I purchased from them but not using their online store front - an acquaintance from Basenotes (blue moon) referred me to someone who I think was an owner or partner - name was Kamal. I know they have many, many grades of ouds and our blends and perfumes in their stores - I have never sampled most of their wares. The oils I purchased from Kamal are great - I wonder how things are there today?

Oudamberlove and Ouddict like this.
  2. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

For starters 2/3 of their oud catalog is not 100% pure oud.
    After 3 plus queries to establish that fact I was already turned off, so I didn't proceed. They also have high minimums and are mostly geared to the Middle East Market.

Oudamberlove and Ouddict like this.
  3. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

They actually said that 2/3rd of their catalogue is not pure?

4. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

Have smelt a few nice Ouds from oudline Kalimantan super ateeq being one of them

Mr.P likes this.
  5. Mr.P

The catalog I saw had the pure ouds separated from the blends, with some blends specifying % oud in the blend. That was a while ago. They were not trying to pass off perfume as pure oud when I ordered. They filled small orders as long as shipping was covered, which was $30 but very fast. Wonder if things have changed? I have this amazing peppery Malaysian from them and the km super ateeq as well.

Habz786 likes this.
  6. powdernose

powdernose Oud Sprite

To be precise they were only willing to confirm a few as 100% pure.
    And in some fairness, a couple were sourced from collaborators and they were not willing to vouch for purity of those.
    But practically it amounts to the same thing.
    They have dealt in ouds that are not 100% and you certainly need to ask the definitive questions.

That doesn't mean they've not had good oud. I've certainly risked sourcing oud from more obscure sources,
    and oud gold can be found in unexpected places.

Mr.P and Ouddict like this.
  7. Mr.P

Maybe since I purchased oils from them by asking, literally, what they had that they knew was pure - never looked at their consumer-oriented line (in other words I didn’t inquire about a specific oil that they listed in their catalog - instead I asked them what were their most highly recommended items). Honestly though their oils punch well above their weight, more so than any others I have purchased. I got some truly epic oils at unbelievable bargains from these guys.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    Habz786, Fahad and Grega like this.
  8. Fahad

Fahad True Ouddict

Several years ago I purchased several ouds of theirs of which I really liked a few.. The most expensive was a Hindi Khasusi Qadim which took a while to get a hold of as they had only a little stock left in a branch somewhere...A quarter tola of it went for 1000 MYR... Unfortunately I lost the bottle in a hotel room but remember it was really dark and super potent with a chocolate liquor nutty leather feel and smell, no fecalness, just barn and
    cho-bacco..I couldn't appreciate the other lower hindi grades but their Combodi Ateeq is great, hard to tell the difference between it and ASAQ Thaqeel..Also Cambodi Maliki muatteq, great for blends!! Wasn't much intrigued with the Malaysian profile but their Kalimantan super Ateeq is a knocker!

AbuTominaga, Mr.P and Oudamberlove like this.
  9. Mr.P

Super ateeq is great - I don’t know how good it is compared to the really epic stuff out there ( i’ve missed 99%+ of the agaraura and ensar ouds) but it goes on the top shelf in my stash. wish it lasted a little longer on my skin.

Ouddict likes this.
  10. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

The only one of theirs I have is Super Ateeq... got a sample of it from @peter4ptv who said it smelled a bit like Oud Royale No.1. It doesn’t... at all, but it’s a great Oud. I don’t use it much and just keep the 0.2g I have safe in a v vial. Top class oud. Haven’t tried their other stuff.

11. Habz786

Habz786 Resident Artisan & Forum Co-Founder

If anyone wants to buy some kalimantan super ateeq pm as i have half a tola :cool:

Hamza H likes this.
  12. Mr.P

I am repeatedly blown away by this one Malaysian oil of theirs. Just the most intense pepper and cola, tart in a really nice way, deeply oud-y and in all ways an unbelievable oil. It’s got a rough spot here or there in its profile, but man... this stuff transports me to a far away land. I am glad I was able to get a bit extra of those oils... pretty much my best oud investment (in terms of personal enjoyment).

13. Fahad

Fahad True Ouddict

Mr.P you have the admirable quality of being content with what good you have : )

Perhaps there already is a thread but would be nice to go through one which is about 'My best oud investment in terms of personal enjoyment'

Hamza H likes this.
  14. Saad Tasheen Moid

Saad Tasheen Moid Whats this Oud About?

Hi Gents,

I hope you are all well and safe. I just wanted your help in getting some prices for these legend oils from EO below:

1) Assam Kinam (2.5g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/assam-kinam/42)
    2) Borneo 3000 (1.4g) (Orginal Batch)
    3) Sheikh's Borneo (1.2g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/sheikh's-borneo/45)
    4) Kyara Kouton (2.8g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/kyara-koutan/49)
    5) Encens Imperial (3g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/encens-imperial/89)
    6) Chen Xiang Khmer (3g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/chen-xiang-khmer/192)
    7) Cambodi Caramel 2 (3g) (https://ensaroud.com/product/cambodi-caramel-ii/439)

Would anyone happen to know what these oil are worth now? Your help and time would be greatly appreciated.

DubOudh likes this.

Promote Oud!