1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Oudfest Usa 2020

Discussion in 'OudFest USA 2020' started by Ouddict, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

A US based forum member has approached me and asked and I’ve given the full support of the forum for a USA one. If he wants to take it forward he can, but I don’t want to put pressure on him so I’ll let him decide first. I’m sure @RisingPhoenix would love to be in attendance if available.

2. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

I can provide support if there is anything helpful needed to make this happen. I'd imagine that @EJayB would also be into this. I think @Anwar may come too? Also @Dan? It would be soooo cool if someone with distillation experience could give us all a beginners talk about the basics - fascinating to learn about!

Now if Congress gets rid of some of our taxes in light of coronavirus, we can all have a bit more money to spend too :)

3. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Oud Fan

I'd be there.

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  4. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

As @Ouddict had mentioned - we were looking at the last half of June for a London fest. Given the current bonanza of pandemic fear - not sure where we are with that quite yet.

I know I was supposed to be in the Middle East at the end of this month, and I had to nix that trip. Would not be good if I got locked out for a month or two considering I’m the only one running my medical practice and Rising Phoenix :Roflmao: No bueno for business.

As to a US Fest - now that @EJayB is on board - there’s at least two of us here in the US that could potentially be present if our other Member Vendors weren’t able to attend.

Not sure of a good time to look into given the current Corona shenanigans.

As to WHERE ...

LA could be a good potential spot as there are a number of folks on the West Coast.

If we did something here in metro Atlanta I can essentially get us a mountain retreat for a meeting place for free, and you all could see the workshop. Would be a very memorable location. Accommodations here would likely be less than in LA - although tickets may be a little more expensive depending on where you’re flying in from. Lots of silent members in the SE, though - and most of us are more than willing to drive in.

I’m open to other ideas, as well, on location - of course the goal being getting people to come. The more folks that come, the more fun this gets. It’ll be flying and money spent on lodging and travel wherever we do it for most folks regardless of where it is.

As to the TIME / DATE ...

Well - not sure how it’ll be in the immediate future, and I suspect there will be an uptick in October / November of cases and / or media frenzy as we roll into Fall.

So - open to ideas. Might be good to mention where you are located when chiming in so we can get a good picture of where folks are (which might help us land on a potential location).

Chime in :praying:

Ouddict likes this.
  5. Brandon

Brandon Whats this Oud About?

Atlanta is good with me, LA is fine but it would probably be more of a hassle. I’m in Portland, Or so can get anywhere pretty easily.

6. Andrew Salkin

Andrew Salkin it's aboud time!

Been craving a trip to see your workshop JK - so ATL would be awesome! I'm in Philly.

7. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods Oud Fan

I'd certainly do everything I could to go. A little more likely for me on the west coast, but I'll try to make it anywhere in the US. I don't have a lot to offer but smiles and conversation, but hey that's something...

8. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

I’d love it anywhere in the states but honestly A nice retreat atmosphere sounds awesome.
    I’m a hippy type so my opinion is less valid :)

RisingPhoenix and IntheRedwoods like this.
  9. RisingPhoenix

Folks have seen photos of the 220 year old log cabin I live in, sequestered in a huge forest right in the middle of civilization. Next door my neighbor has quite a large modern cabin with a huge atrium (and 30 seater table) that would be a cool place for an event. They host a lot of events there. I’d see if we could hold the event there. If the weather is nice, can have a bonfire - and I live next door so can have access to the workshop for folks to see if they’d like.

Plenty of hotels and great food around.
    The area I’m in (Roswell) is essentially the junction of Roswell, Marietta, Woodstock, and Alpharetta. It’s a pretty hip part of town. If we got everyone into the same hotel I could help shuttle people.

Big Mosque (really nice modern place) nearby and plenty of Halal food around for those that require it (and worth mentioning because people always mistakenly think there is some kind of intolerance around here, being the South. Couldn’t be further from the truth. Very safe and incredibly friendly and diverse around here)

Anyway - it’s an option.

Bryan-I, IntheRedwoods and Taesik Yun like this.
  10. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods Oud Fan

I like the sound of this!

Imran S and RisingPhoenix like this.
  11. hasans1

hasans1 Oud Fan

US Oudfest sound awesome. Was very sad to miss Vegas, it looked amazing. Especially those raw ingredients on display.

You sure make Atlanta sound incredible! Would love to see the workshop. It is awfully SouthEast for a lot of folks. I would also throw Boulder, CO out there as it's fairly centralized and offers the majestic beauty of the Rockies. I've got the hookup on a massive mountain retreat out there that we could all gather in. Lots of amazing food, etc. I'm located in Michigan which is another option, would love to host an event.

Perhaps we can set up a poll and that would allow us take a count and get opinions of best locale.

Late Summer would be my vote. August/September.

12. RisingPhoenix

Well ... essentially we have our first US travel ban that went into effect last night.

Let’s get past the crazy and we can start looking at the international gatherings.

Even planning for a domestic here in the US may prove chalking in the coming weeks.

I think as soon as we have the all-clear on flying - we can set some plans.

In the mean time - let’s discuss the WHERE. As soon as we can all move about freely again - we can set the WHEN.

Burn incense - especially Tibetan, which are HIGHLY anti-microbial - and Japanese blends (the ones with “Chinese Medicine” in them. These are all essentially modern forms of historical fumigation, especially for airborne pathogens.

Natural oils are also very anti-microbial - especially for airborne pathogens. Wear oils. Diffuse them.

Diffusers are great because viral transmission is actually worse in dry air. The little humidity + oils from a diffuser has been shown to be a better disinfectant than nearly every chemical cleaning agent.

You’ve already all got the cleanest air than the rest of the world. Be smart and make copious use of it :)

Hakim, Kashi, Jeff Wilson and 2 others like this.
  13. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson Whats this Oud About?

I would be in for a USA gathering as well - agreed that best to let the COVID-19 excitement die down first though. I live on the West Coast (Bay Area) but the East Coast would work for me - I can travel if needed - would definitely be fun to all stay at the same hotel or something along those lines - maybe we get a group rate.

Anyways, I am easy - somewhere 'cool' is my vote :Cooler:

14. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Oud Fan

Atlanta sounds cool! West Coast could be a blast too . . . not sure I'm helping . . .

15. TDK

TDK Whats this Oud About?

That would be a really nice play. I am in TX and would be open to almost anywhere given advanced notice. Peace

16. hasans1

hasans1 Oud Fan

Sounds like Atlanta would be the winner from what we gather here. Covid fever may not die down for a while :(

Let's choose a date and get to work!!

Kashi likes this.

Promote Oud!