1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Oudfest Usa 2020 Edition : Atlanta 10/2 - 10/4 Giddy Up!

Discussion in 'Rising Phoenix' started by RisingPhoenix, Aug 13, 2020.

1. RisingPhoenix

RisingPhoenix Resident Artisan

Alright kiddos - let’s call it.

Seems safe enough out there to officially say - let’s do this.

EB17B81F-CEB1-4DBF-A62B-2941C97AB88A.jpeg

OudFest 2020 USA

WHEN : OCTOBER 2-4

TIME : 10-5’ish

WHERE : Atlanta, Georgia
    More specifically - up in Roswell

AIRPORT : ATL

We are tentatively making use of my neighbor’s huge Atrium. If we get a bunch of confirmed attendees - we might jump to a larger space nearby.

So for now - look around Roswell, Georgia. Will have a specific address for you once we are 100% positive. Can always message me privately and I’ll get you the tentative address.

Some folks have already booked plane tickets and have been looking at AirBNB-type accommodations.

I HIGHLY recommend COMMENTING HERE IN THIS THREAD so that folks that are confirmed coming can connect and possibly go in together if not looking for a hotel room.

I’ve bunked with @Ouddict and @Sproaty at past events - and the more personalized time together is awesome. Would highly encourage for you all to look into it to make carpooling and accommodations easier, plus it’s fun getting to know each other on a more one-on-one / small group basis.

Tons of food and all that around - so don’t worry about that. We will all most likely dine together for dinner each day. Looking into catering lunch so we can just stay out and hang. Plenty of breakfast places around, or can cater that, too to make it easy.

For now - start looking into accommodations and working out the details of getting here.

IF folks opt to come a little earlier than Friday the 2nd - I’m around and I think a few others will be, as well. Happy to see folks earlier if you’re here.

MARTA is a good train option from the airport and will get you within about 20’ish minutes from the event and can hop an Uber / ride share.

Banding together and renting a car is also encouraged for groups that may be bunking together.

If you have questions - post them here for all to see.

looking forward to seeing everyone!

JK

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
    Imran S, Sproaty, Ouddict and 4 others like this.
  2. Taesik Yun

Taesik Yun True Ouddict Staff Member

Keep your workshop locked and safe. otherwise, all the ouddict will burn your precious woods. :Roflmao:
    Good luck with the OudFest and I wish every attendee have a fun time without any problems. :praying:

Imran S, Bilal, DubOudh and 1 other person like this.
  3. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Oud Fanatic

Let the countdown begin! I'm excited.

No accommodations or car booked yet, open to suggestions!

DubOudh and RisingPhoenix like this.
  4. RisingPhoenix

Hiring some ninjas to guard the place ...

A1CAFDEB-5FA9-442B-9949-34864300E998.jpeg

Kabir Attars, Bilal and Taesik Yun like this.
  5. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Would like a live report from the event itself.....great for all who can make it..stay safe and fumigate.

6. RisingPhoenix

Aight - who’s coming and is great with posting some live videos or getting stuff up onto YouTube?

Imran S, Taesik Yun and DubOudh like this.
  7. DubOudh

DubOudh Aster Oudh

Of course...not necessarily live..:p
    But if anything like that was possible...it would be nice. Sounds live a lovely area where you are living....

RisingPhoenix and Taesik Yun like this.
  8. RisingPhoenix

I’m sure we can make that happen!

Ouddict, DubOudh and Taesik Yun like this.
  9. hasans1

hasans1 Oud Fanatic

[​IMG]

I'll be there (IA) with Oud on!

Can't wait. That pic pretty much sealed the deal that this will be the event of a lifetime (no pressure).

For lodging, at least a couple of us are interested in an Airbnb together, there are some great options around Roswell. The more the better as far as getting a nice place for cheap. Whoever is interested please let me know and we can get a final quote and decide on a place.

Big thanks to Rising for putting this together, can't wait!!

Imran S, Hosayn, Ouddict and 3 others like this.
  10. RisingPhoenix

Great!

Yeah, if folks can post and organize here in this thread, it’ll likely help round up the groups and make sure no one gets overlooked in getting in on accommodations together.

and then can swap info privately and numbers and such privately

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    Louis Miller and Taesik Yun like this.
  11. Louis Miller

Louis Miller Oud Fanatic

I took a glance at some Airbnbs yesterday, Im definitely open to a share situation. PM me!

Taesik Yun and RisingPhoenix like this.
  12. IntheRedwoods

IntheRedwoods True Ouddict

I’m hoping/wishing to attend. It would be a true highlight/blessing for me to spend time with everyone there. Unfortunately it’s a long shot due to my work commitments, but if I can make it happen I will be there.

Taesik Yun and RisingPhoenix like this.
  13. Ouddict

Ouddict Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support

Great to see the enthusiasm in spite of difficult conditions.

RisingPhoenix and Taesik Yun like this.
  14. Gary K

Gary K Whats this Oud About?

I'm in. I would like to stay an extra day on either side if places like museums, points of interest are open, but that probably won't be known for a while. That said it would be fun to share an air bnb or some other lodging- I can figure out my lodging for one day if it doesn't fit into someone's schedule. I hope to leave from Ontario California airport, LAX if flights aren't available. PM me or I'll start to PM in a day or so when I can focus a bit more

RisingPhoenix likes this.
  15. RisingPhoenix

I imagine the museums will be open. Most stuff is open out this way. Mask up and you’ll be fine out in public.

Downtown Roswell (right down the street from where we will be) has a lot of cool old historic properties - including Bullock Hall - where Roosevelt’s mother lived.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulloch_Hall

In Atlanta - tons of museums worth seeing ... personally, I’m a fan of Fernbank :

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60898-Activities-c49-Atlanta_Georgia.html

The Atlanta Botanical Gardens are also beautiful.

Hosayn likes this.
  16. Hosayn

Hosayn True Ouddict

Anyone from chicago attending the fest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Gary K

Gary K Whats this Oud About?

Thanks! Checked out the museums and I'll have a hard time choosing

18. RisingPhoenix

Tons of great options and so much to see, isn’t there!?

Don’t overlook The World of Coke - pretty fascinating, as well. Hard to imagine the global impact of Coca Cola on the world - and neat the the end of the tour to drink sodas and Coke products from various markets. Tastes you've never even heard of, let alone imagined!

Taesik Yun likes this.
  19. RisingPhoenix

Just got word that there’s 5 folks that have already booked an Airbnb right around downtown Roswell, they’ve got a car and will be carpooling. Whoop!

Hosayn likes this.
  20. RisingPhoenix

I’m going to be trying to get some info up here this coming week.

In the mean time - can everyone that’s planning to come shoot me a PM with their full name, email, and phone number. I’m going to put together a WhatsApp group for everyone coming so it’s easier for you all to communicate directly - and it’ll be especially useful the week of OudFest.
    Thanks!

Imran S, Sproaty and Hosayn like this.

Promote Oud!