Oud Yusuf

Discussion in 'General' started by IbnRIbnAAIbnA, Jul 7, 2019.

1. IbnRIbnAAIbnA

IbnRIbnAAIbnA Feeling gOUD

Okay. Let new know the first impressions.

2. IbnRIbnAAIbnA

1. So what oud is excessively sweet in the market?
    2. Would you recommend RBO?

3. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

‘Excessively’ sweet is subjective, but one i tried recently (sample) that imo is sweet, but not in a sour or fruits going bad way is EO’s Aroha Kush. Sweet but pleasant and reasonably priced.

Would certainly recommend RBO if something catches your interest, Ish is great to deal with, DM him thru here or Etsy for questions you might have. I’ve got RBO Trat oil from last year, and although i’m not a fan of sweet Thai oils, i do occasionally take a swipe, it is pleasant and wearable....not sure if available one is same batch though.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Ouddict likes this.
  4. IbnRIbnAAIbnA

Thanks for the detailed information. Any remarks on longevity?

5. Ouddict

Ouddict Forum Co-Founder & Tech Support

Yes actually that is an interesting observation. I have always interpreted the "sweetness" you describe as an exquisite English summer garden floral note which I have not really encountered in many other plantation Thai oils. However, if that sweetness was dialled down, then you would arrive at an approximation of a Chinese scent profile a la Yunnan 2003.

Rai Munir likes this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Exactly, respected Ouddict. That particular sweetness is surely exquisite. But that much sweetness gives me a feel of wearing a cologne. Though, in the beginning, I liked the oil very much. Oud Yusuf, Trat Selvagio, Funk Master and Borneo Zen are the oils that I swapped for Mysore Sandal. Some excessively sweet, and one was just funky without being master. But it is all the matter of preference, and preferences keep changing.

You are very much right OY was inclined towards Chinese profile. Colour and scent feel both belied its being Trat. Not negative at all. This is why I mentioned Fragrant Harbour in one of my last posts.

7. Arsalan

Arsalan True Ouddict

Longevity...people seem to have different perception, and other environmental variables also have an influence. In my experience both the ones I mentioned last many hours...

8. IbnRIbnAAIbnA

AssalamuAlaykum brother. How was the Oud?

9. zakinkazi

zakinkazi Whats this Oud About?

Walekum salaam Brother
    It is sweet and little sour in beginning like dried prunes in sweet syrup. But not loud Also little to moderate smoky smell folows till end amd it became earthy or say muddy.

Promote Oud!