hawk_757

Barn Bro
Anyone own fragrant harbour supreme? What is the scent profile? Overall thoughts?

Ammar

True Ouddict
Anyone own fragrant harbour supreme? What is the scent profile? Overall thoughts?

Dry earthy, mushroom-flavored and carrot seeds, medicinal, and herbal interplayed with moisty camphoric incensy wood aromas. Brush some orange peel above with few drops of citrus and add dash of cinnamon and mint. Wiffs of wild flowers start lingering in the back.

Upgraded version of the original FH with similar profile minus few difference in the the heart- and basenotes related to the handful of wild wood thrown into the pot.

Last edited:

hawk_757

Barn Bro
IO Tinsukia Assam: Starts out damp woodiness and a subtle, smooth, and salty dark brown leather with a hint of cheesiness, but nothing barnyard or challenging whatsoever.lime zest and fresh cut rosemary accords starting to peek out and the damp woodiness dries up to almost a fresh cut lumber. more pronounced citrus tart/sweetness alongside the rosemary. I exposed my wrist to some heat and my skin pushed forward this incredibly calming, cooling, sweet menthol accord. bottle smell and skin smell are remarkably different, with the bottle smell being a more pronounced smokey leather.

This is my first Oud review...my nose is not expertly trained, so please be kind :Unsure::D

Rai Munir

Musk Man
This is my first Oud review...my nose is not expertly trained, so please be kind :Unsure::D
Minutely sensed nuances of the oil, and nicely expressed:Thumbsup:

I exposed my wrist to some heat and my skin pushed forward this incredibly calming, cooling, sweet menthol accord.
Interesting, quite interesting! Water also brings certain twist to oil.;)
Respected SydnorIII, you are intrinsically an Olfactory Explorer. Assam (Hindi) is the most mysterious Oud, a pinnacle itself. You made it a base camp. I assure you, the last resort will be, again, the Assam/ Meghalaya.:)

hawk_757

Barn Bro
@Rai Munir I appreciate your kind words! I have perused many forums, and you seem to be quite the veteran. I feel humbled to receive encouragement from someone such as yourself. I have noticed you are interested in animalics, as I am too. I will be receiving some genuine deer musk, castoreum, ambergris, and hyraceum attars shortly via mail. I am just as excited to explore those, alongside the many incredible Ouds I have gotten my hands on :)

Youssef

Oud Fan
While in Turkey visiting family (I'm not Turkish just have family who moved there), I went out to the Egyptian bazar and bought an oud bottle for around 35 dollars. When I got back home and learned more about oud and judging from it's short lasting scent at the time, I passed off this oud as synthetic or of really low quality. This might have been due to all of my traveling and the oud being moved around a lot, but now that I have settled back home in America the oud turned very nice.

It first starts out with stone fruits, then within a minute a smokey honey appears along side the fruit. Then, the fruitiness dies down, and you are left with this sickly sweet smokey scent. Sometimes I even get a vegetal note for some reason, it's amazing. This oud is a little darker, I imagine that it would be wonderful in the winter. However, it still only lasts around 3 hours, and can't be smelled unless you have your nose to your wrist but still pleasant. If this is what low quality is, then I simply cannot wait to explore artisanal ouds, they must be out of this world. :Roflmao:

Last edited:

Youssef

Oud Fan
Decided to go with IO Fragrant Harbour Supreme today. My word, is this such an amazing oil! I didn't open the cap all the way and dabbed a little bit of oil that was on the rim of the bottle. At first, I didn’t understand this oil. I thought it was a bit too vegetal and zesty. However, to be honest I don’t think I gave this oil enough of my patience. Now, this is an oil that I wake up wanting to smell, and every time I pop the cap open it’s soothing aroma wafts around me. It first start’s out vegetal, zesty and bitter, with an aged raw puer note. Give it about a minute and it turns into this beautifully vibrant, bitter sweet oil, but with plenty of complexity, and still hasn’t lost it’s beautiful puer note. I am getting notes of stone fruits, and woodiness, covered in this amazingly smooth cloth. Though it might be vibrant it is very balanced and very smooth.

I might have said that the synthetic oil above was enjoyable, but I can't even bear that one any longer. Though yes the synthetic changes from it's first note to a sweet one then a smokey note, it is no where near as enjoyable. It's smokey note smells like I just smeared a cigarette on my wrist, and it's sweet note isn't very complex. It doesn't have that smooth note that ouds that I have tried have. Now I understand why that oil was considered low quality.

hawk_757

Barn Bro
@Youssef, I too wore fragrant harbour supreme today...nice dusty dank forest floor smell from the start that morphs into a bright orange rind and then dries down to a sweet menthol...very nice. I noticed remarkable similarity with FHS and tinsukia on the drydown, but maybe it's just my newbie nose hah

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
@Youssef, I too wore fragrant harbour supreme today...nice dusty dank forest floor smell from the start that morphs into a bright orange rind and then dries down to a sweet menthol...very nice. I noticed remarkable similarity with FHS and tinsukia on the drydown, but maybe it's just my newbie nose hah
Top class observations. You picked up a very specific strand of sweetness and menthol. You ll also be able to sniff this acrosa many oils from other vendors brother will. This is not a newbie nose :) FHS is a very nice oil.

Nikhil S

Resident Reviewer
Decided to go with IO Fragrant Harbour Supreme today. My word, is this such an amazing oil! I didn't open the cap all the way and dabbed a little bit of oil that was on the rim of the bottle. At first, I didn’t understand this oil. I thought it was a bit too vegetal and zesty. However, to be honest I don’t think I gave this oil enough of my patience. Now, this is an oil that I wake up wanting to smell, and every time I pop the cap open it’s soothing aroma wafts around me. It first start’s out vegetal, zesty and bitter, with an aged raw puer note. Give it about a minute and it turns into this beautifully vibrant, bitter sweet oil, but with plenty of complexity, and still hasn’t lost it’s beautiful puer note. I am getting notes of stone fruits, and woodiness, covered in this amazingly smooth cloth. Though it might be vibrant it is very balanced and very smooth.

I might have said that the synthetic oil above was enjoyable, but I can't even bear that one any longer. Though yes the synthetic changes from it's first note to a sweet one then a smokey note, it is no where near as enjoyable. It's smokey note smells like I just smeared a cigarette on my wrist, and it's sweet note isn't very complex. It doesn't have that smooth note that ouds that I have tried have. Now I understand why that oil was considered low quality.
Excellent review brother. Very fine breakdown.

Youssef

Oud Fan
Yes indeed, FHS is very similar to Tinsukia in the dry down, however, I might argue it's a bit heavier than Tinsukia.

peter4ptv

anybody try this? i have never heard of Sumatran oud by ASAQ and there is nothing on their asaq web page about any Sumatran oud

s-l1600.jpg