1. Please excuse us while we carrying out important changes to the forum.

Oud Photos

Discussion in 'Photos' started by jalil, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Fadhul

Fadhul Whats this Oud About?

Hi
    Hi
    very very beautiful vial May I know which company is making this vial as I want to buy to store my oud oil. Please let me know. Thanks

2. Fadhul

Beautiful oil and the vial

Rai Munir likes this.
  3. Fadhul

Salam brother
    What brand is this v vial and the cap is ptfe or normal

Rai Munir and Mario P. like this.
  4. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

5. iori

iori Oud Fan

IMG_20200301_152151_566.jpg thanks to generous Mr koolaid79 for giving me one of his v vials to put my Royal Malaya in

6. kooolaid79

kooolaid79 Junior Member

A pleasure brother.

7. Sinensisoud

Sinensisoud Whats this Oud About?

My small oud collection

Attached Files:

Taesik Yun, Dan and Oudamberlove like this.
  8. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Fresh Sandalwood Oil Acquired from Mr Tajul Bakshi

He doesn't deal in Sandal at all, but I was sure, he can provide with six tola pure sandal oil. Otherwise, the situation in India is known to us all. He graciously accomodated me and acquired oil from his friend for me. After many months, last day I received the package.

Though the oil seems to be fresh and edgy, the scent is nice, and time will make it smooth and sober.

Happy to have it.

IMG20200308013633.jpg

9. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

Sliced off a little bit from a baby king Filipino piece from @Habz786
    Little white bits are leftovers from me cutting into something last night and not realising I'd cleaned properly, so bits of it was scooped in along with the Filipino dust :Cautious:

20200308_191207.jpg

Also my neighbour's cat cause he's super cute and I really like him. He's a bastard though, keeps coming in for a treat and then just walks back out :Roflmao::Roflmao:

20200308_160214.jpg

10. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Today I received a call from my vendor from whom I acquire Musk Grains and Sandalwood to see him.

I had requested him for dry Nepalese Musk grains and Sandalwood.

There was the hunter as well, who made me see a plastic bag full of fake pods. Oh gosh! Artisanal pod, and home-baked grains. And grains smelt near to pure Musk. How difficult it is for a newbie and only grain buyers to know about the purity and authenticity of grains!

Anyway, I acquired a few grams of Nepalese Musk.
    IMG20200310203422.jpg

The following are fake pods with tolas of grains:
    IMG20200310192006.jpg IMG20200310191931.jpg

Second, Mysore Sandalwood piece. Though I had requested for a piece of Ceylon Sandalwood 1 kg, I got a piece of Mysore instead. After a month one kg chunk would arrive.
    IMG20200310202553.jpg IMG20200310202525.jpg IMG20200310202537.jpg

It was great day today.

11. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

WOW, that chunk of wood looks amazing!

Taesik Yun and Rai Munir like this.
  12. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

I have burnt such chunks in abundance till today:Cry::Cry:. The desire to distill rose and sandal is sky high now. But I am truly non technical and non scientific person. Yet I am trying hard.

Taesik Yun, Oudamberlove and OudGood like this.
  13. EJayB

EJayB True Ouddict

Much easier to get sandalwood in Pakistan , I see people selling but I just can’t get the proper paperwork from anybody in Pakistan, they have all offered faked paperwork.

Taesik Yun and Oudamberlove like this.
  14. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

And today, with fake musk pods, I saw fake sandalwood. Polished and made aromatic. Again, not easy for a newbie to identify whether it is pure or not.

I have learnt one thing: Things in hands is the only way to know about the authenticity and purity of anything. Pics are the best ways to deceive the beholders. At a distance, beauty and scent lie in the eyes and nose of beholder only.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Taesik Yun, Hakim, EJayB and 3 others like this.
  15. Sproaty

Sproaty Sproudy Staff Member

The chisel that I ordered arrived and initially I thought it was too big. Have sliced a chip up using it and it's great, think I now need a rubber mallet. Also I can't imagine that my neighbour is too impressed by the banging

My new hand saw arrived too and is awful. I have 3 and one is just okay so I'm going to try and get a decent one at least and bin the rest

20200312_221703.jpg

16. Hakim

Hakim Oud Fanatic

Some squares/rectangles i cut from Papuan bead making material

Attached Files:

17. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

MACERATION: Still aging is in process.

Musk
    Ambergris
    Santal
    Oud
    Floral

One bottle is having Musk grain tincture.

IMG20200325165245.jpg

Promote Oud!