Al Shareef Oudh

Master Perfumer
This is a right time for Musk maceration. The summers! Atmospheric heat complements the whole process.

Nepali Musk, acquired a couple of days before. Dry grains.
Mysore Santal, Musk's best friend since the time immemorial:p.

Now time and season will do their work.
View attachment 9486

must be very careful dear Rai not to create musk bomb with few grains in mysore :p, but now it is clear for me the open fields has excited your sense of smell. I can not forget how those cows were viewing you.:Geek:

And thank goodness, at least here the word 'vintage' is not present.
The gold stamp was evident, it is enough for the trained eye, at LEAST few months old those sticks, enough time for the surface to weather.

Respected Al Shareef Oudh, you are good at language, and know very well about the delicacies of language. When it is said the wood is fragrant, or what a fragrance the wood exudes doesn't mean the resident of the district have gathered to sniff scent bomb blast
clip_image001.png
, but to show the quality. If it is not so, then all descriptions of oils and wood by all vendors are meaningless.

I think even great Al Rubaa'ee Oudh Oil won't be able to bring forth smell if even capped loosely. Of course, if something is sealed, there won't be smell in the air.

I think with this statement you have got my point, even though English is not my first, second, third but it's my forth language, when wood is sealed by wax or weathered loosely or tightly mysore or aussie you wont bring forth any smell. You can wash with water but wax and oil is not soluble in water.

May you live long! Well said, but it shouldn't lead to the conclusion that wood is destined to be dead unless wounded badly or softly
clip_image001.png
. Next, probabilities are unending.

may we both live long in service of the Creator, yes there is middle ground, no santal bomb that is smelt from coffee table to the gate and no walking carver to smell the woods :D:p:Inlove:

Sorry, I couldn't understand your point
clip_image001.png

yes sinking in water is nice kodak moment, i always maintain smell is more important than throwing stones in water, but you have to be careful what you sink your woods in, if water is from tap then it has chlorine and can leave chlorine residue on your woods, some places worse than others...

Grega

True Ouddict
Thankfully no chlorine in my tap water. :praying:

Do you sink the wood in water only to see if it is "sinking grade" or is there another reason for it.

Lovely looking logs btw.

tyson

Oud Alchemist
Thankfully no chlorine in my tap water. :praying:

Do you sink the wood in water only to see if it is "sinking grade" or is there another reason for it.

Lovely looking logs btw.
From a distilling point of view i just look for sinking sandal because i know it will be a higher percentage oil . Smell and quality cannot be judged though.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
must be very careful dear Rai not to create musk bomb with few grains in mysore :p, but now it is clear for me the open fields has excited your sense of smell. I can not forget how those cows were viewing you.:Geek:
Roars of laughter, dearest and respected Al Shareef Oudh.
You got the grains are not that much into the bottle. O my goodness.

You know, I become excessively conscious whenever I post regarding musk. Though sometimes I respectfully contradict you, but your views kept echoing in mind.
Cow farm has an addition now. Four horses are added. Barn got more sophisticated.

The gold stamp was evident, it is enough for the trained eye, at LEAST few months old those sticks, enough time for the surface to weather.
Yes, stamp is there. But the way you said, sinking wood is not necessarily more incense. In my view, stamp only testifies the wood's being genuine, and NOT AUSTRALIAN AS MYSORE:Roflmao:.

may we both live long in service of the Creator, yes there is middle ground, no santal bomb that is smelt from coffee table to the gate and no walking carver to smell the woods :D:p:Inlove:
O my goodness!:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
Sir, I submit, happily and truly.

Prayers for you.

Last edited:

Rai Munir

Musk Man
I don't know anything about tinctures. But I had some experiments after preparing a musk pod tincture as per respected Al Shareef Oudh's guidelines. Latter, I prepared Frangipani and some other flower tinctures.

This time Rose is there. Let's see! It is filtered once. Now waiting for the evaporation of ethanol. Of course, it will be filtered again and again.
COLOUR IS AWESOME. It reminded me of Rose Wax that I prepared last year, and then used in incense ball making.

IMG_20190711_123435.jpg

IMG_20190711_123527.jpg

This is just an experiment to learn something. Otherwise, in my simple and candid view, tincture (of anything) cannot be ten percent of that's oil.

hedycent

True Ouddict
I don't know anything about tinctures. But I had some experiments after preparing a musk pod tincture as per respected Al Shareef Oudh's guidelines. Latter, I prepared Frangipani and some other flower tinctures.

This time Rose is there. Let's see! It is filtered once. Now waiting for the evaporation of ethanol. Of course, it will be filtered again and again.
COLOUR IS AWESOME. It reminded me of Rose Wax that I prepared last year, and then used in incense ball making.

View attachment 9529
View attachment 9530

This is just an experiment to learn something. Otherwise, in my simple and candid view, tincture (of anything) cannot be ten percent of that's oil.
Can you elaborate on your rose wax method, or give a link to your old post please?

Mr.P

oud<3er
New subitism style prototype! I had this block of soapstone sitting around and was appreciating its heft. I was always frustrated that my former models were lightweight and easily shifted if the cord was brushed against. This thing is very heavy and is a great heat sink as well as being hard to dislodge. It still needs sanding and finishing but is definitely something I am happy to have put together.

PersonelHigh

True Ouddict
New subitism style prototype! I had this block of soapstone sitting around and was appreciating its heft. I was always frustrated that my former models were lightweight and easily shifted if the cord was brushed against. This thing is very heavy and is a great heat sink as well as being hard to dislodge. It still needs sanding and finishing but is definitely something I am happy to have put together.
This is beautiful Mr P.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Ruh Jasmine and Hindi Rose, the package arrived last night. It was an ordeal to reach the place from where one could acquire pure Ruh Jasmine and Pure Hindi Rose. Acquired from India; shipped to Dubai; from Dubai to Pakistan.

I have blended a drop of frangipani oil in Rose.

See the colour of Ruh Jasmine!
IMG20190726133602.jpg

Mr.P

oud<3er
Wow - half a kilo of sandalwood billets - awesome!

Funny how they always (it seems) carve the little billets to resemble rounded log sections like these pictured here. Rounded, smoothed, somewhat polished, very much heavily handled and worked - not a splinter or ragged surface to be found! Not raw wood at all... that always surprises me!