Oud Photos

Discussion in 'Photos' started by jalil, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

This miracle can't be seen with over indulgence in oils and oiling.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    tyson and RisingPhoenix like this.
  2. Al Shareef Oudh

Al Shareef Oudh Resident Artisan

must be very careful dear Rai not to create musk bomb with few grains in mysore :p, but now it is clear for me the open fields has excited your sense of smell. I can not forget how those cows were viewing you.:Geek:

The gold stamp was evident, it is enough for the trained eye, at LEAST few months old those sticks, enough time for the surface to weather.

I think with this statement you have got my point, even though English is not my first, second, third but it's my forth language, when wood is sealed by wax or weathered loosely or tightly mysore or aussie you wont bring forth any smell. You can wash with water but wax and oil is not soluble in water.

may we both live long in service of the Creator, yes there is middle ground, no santal bomb that is smelt from coffee table to the gate and no walking carver to smell the woods :D:p:Inlove:

yes sinking in water is nice kodak moment, i always maintain smell is more important than throwing stones in water, but you have to be careful what you sink your woods in, if water is from tap then it has chlorine and can leave chlorine residue on your woods, some places worse than others...

Rai Munir, RisingPhoenix and Grega like this.
  3. Grega

Grega True Ouddict

Thankfully no chlorine in my tap water. :praying:

Do you sink the wood in water only to see if it is "sinking grade" or is there another reason for it.

Lovely looking logs btw.

4. tyson

tyson Oud Alchemist

From a distilling point of view i just look for sinking sandal because i know it will be a higher percentage oil . Smell and quality cannot be judged though.

Rai Munir likes this.
  5. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Roars of laughter, dearest and respected Al Shareef Oudh.
    You got the grains are not that much into the bottle. O my goodness.

You know, I become excessively conscious whenever I post regarding musk. Though sometimes I respectfully contradict you, but your views kept echoing in mind.
    Cow farm has an addition now. Four horses are added. Barn got more sophisticated.

Yes, stamp is there. But the way you said, sinking wood is not necessarily more incense. In my view, stamp only testifies the wood's being genuine, and NOT AUSTRALIAN AS MYSORE:Roflmao:.

O my goodness!:Roflmao::Roflmao::Roflmao:
    Sir, I submit, happily and truly.

Prayers for you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Dan and Grega like this.
  6. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

I don't know anything about tinctures. But I had some experiments after preparing a musk pod tincture as per respected Al Shareef Oudh's guidelines. Latter, I prepared Frangipani and some other flower tinctures.

This time Rose is there. Let's see! It is filtered once. Now waiting for the evaporation of ethanol. Of course, it will be filtered again and again.
    COLOUR IS AWESOME. It reminded me of Rose Wax that I prepared last year, and then used in incense ball making.

IMG_20190711_123435.jpg
    IMG_20190711_123527.jpg

This is just an experiment to learn something. Otherwise, in my simple and candid view, tincture (of anything) cannot be ten percent of that's oil.

7. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Today, the inauguration (opened the bottle today) of Musk Maceration (Tibetan and Siberian Musk, Ambergris, Mysore Santal, Two Droplets of Rose).

IMG20190719165450.jpg

8. hedycent

hedycent True Ouddict

Can you elaborate on your rose wax method, or give a link to your old post please?

Rai Munir likes this.
  9. Rai Munir

Rai Munir Musk Man

Sir, post #555 in the same thread.

Next weekend, I will prepare Rose Wax to use that in making incense. I love mixing rose Wax and sandal powder or granules.

Grega likes this.
  10. hedycent

hedycent True Ouddict

Thank you so much

Rai Munir likes this.
  11. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

New subitism style prototype! I had this block of soapstone sitting around and was appreciating its heft. I was always frustrated that my former models were lightweight and easily shifted if the cord was brushed against. This thing is very heavy and is a great heat sink as well as being hard to dislodge. It still needs sanding and finishing but is definitely something I am happy to have put together.

12. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

77328DC2-3920-44F6-A43C-7CB09A2A7B40.jpeg A368D62A-03EE-4BE5-802B-0111BAAFEE89.jpeg

Here are the pics. They failed to upload with the original post. You can see the depression in which the heating element sits is only roughly shaped out. This was just a quickly made creation - will be sanded and further carved / modified.

13. Grega

Grega True Ouddict

Beautiful color!
    How is the blend? Not too sweet?

RisingPhoenix and Mario P. like this.
  14. Mr.P

Mr.P True Ouddict

48658730-BC1D-4143-8097-F43D9107B39A.jpeg 0C36FAA7-9C77-4912-A6F0-77D8AF55C395.jpeg 0C36FAA7-9C77-4912-A6F0-77D8AF55C395.jpeg View attachment 9611 This bottle is a piece of turned sandalwood (santalum spicatum). The inside smells fantastic, it’s about 266 grams. Lucky find

soulfoud, Arsalan, Mario P. and 3 others like this.

Promote Oud!