Habz786

Resident Artisan & Ouddict Co-Founder
20171225_160158-01.jpeg
Respected @Rai Munir this pic for you...

Rai Munir

Musk Man
Rose flowers, red rose, black rose and red and black rose, plucked today for Rose Wax. I don't know how to distill oil; otherwise, flowers are in abundance. Just see a black rose whose fragrance is just heavenly and divine. One thing that is quite amazing. These newly plucked flowers smell quite different from some hours or days old petals. Of course different from Rose Oil as well.
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-yPuSZbqr6C.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-Dr8AhbRE6rxV.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-jUrv2aiVju1rgfz.jpg

Rose flowers, red rose, black rose and red and black rose, plucked today for Rose Wax. I don't know how to distill oil; otherwise, flowers are in abundance. Just see a black rose whose fragrance is just heavenly and divine. One thing that is quite amazing. These newly plucked flowers smell quite different from some hours or days old petals. Of course different from Rose Oil as well.
View attachment 2477
View attachment 2478
View attachment 2479
Beautiful!
And no doubt, Heavenly!!

Geoff

Oud Beginner
Last night i try 2 samples from oudamber "star oud" and "95 yrs. tree" with some Yunnan tea and homemade Bulgarian feta, also a full spoon of black seeds oil to keep the cold away.......
i like the best "star oud" and you know why? because there is some delicious :Poop: in it not too much but just perfect.
there is no :Poop: in the "95 yrs. tree" just some finest dark chocolate typical Sylhet profile. very nice oils, i think few years from now will be very hard to find oils like this.
i also try the Ali sandal oil, to me nothing special about it is just your typical indian sandal from the last few years that so many indian companies are selling.View attachment 2203

I did not know he had such amazing samples. I’m going to have to ask him to make a purchase!!

View attachment 2477
View attachment 2478
View attachment 2479

Mashallah so lucky big brother, this rose from plantations or wild?

hedycent

True Ouddict
View attachment 2477
View attachment 2478
View attachment 2479
Hello Rai Munir, beautiful pics, can you share with us how you make rose wax please. A friend of mine runs a large organic rose nursery here in Ireland. About 4 acres outdoors and a sea of large glasshouses.

Rai Munir

Musk Man
@hedycent and @AbasFrag , respected ones, first, I am no expert or not a professional distiller. I just solace my wanderlust sort of craving.

In fact, hydrosol (rose water) is used as water in our home. So, it is distilled every month. So far as wax goes, I soak petals for a night. and next day, it is put into a big pressure cooker:Roflmao:. And then, of course, put on fire. When the petals are soaked, minimum quantity of water is used as the petals have their own moisture. When put the pressure cooker on fire, low heat to moderate heat is my focus. Just for thirty minutes, and then let it get normal. Then again on fire for an hour. When I open the lid, petals have got fully mixed, and the water has got rosy. Filter that water in a separate pot. That smells beautiful. Next part is difficult for me as it requires time. That filtered rose coloured water is again heated, low temperature now, and keeps stirring the water. It takes hours to get water evaporated.
This time I didn't give direct heating rather I placed the filtered-water pot in another big pot full of water. Water got boiled, and the pot on the boiling water got indirectly heated. The latest product is here in the picture.

PS: My experience shows that better use a day or two days old petals, not fresh. This newly made wax is colour wise marvellous, but aroma is weak. While my previous experience, when I didn't use fresh petals, the colour was rather brilliant and fragrance was excellent. I heated the rose wax and Sandal granuel paste. Believe me, rose soaked smoke is a new experience.
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-0wD8vNF6J9.jpg

Last edited:

hedycent

True Ouddict
@hedycent and @AbasFrag , respected ones, first, I am no expert or not a professional distiller. I just solace my wanderlust sort of craving.

In fact, hydrosol (rose water) is used as water in our home. So, it is distilled every month. So far as wax goes, I soak petals for a night. and next day, it is put into a big pressure cooker:Roflmao:. And then, of course, put on fire. When the petals are soaked, minimum quantity of water is used as the petals have their own moisture. When put the pressure cooker on fire, low heat to moderate heat is my focus. Just for thirty minutes, and then let it get normal. Then again on fire for an hour. When I open the lid, petals have got fully mixed, and the water has got rosy. Filter that water in a separate pot. That smells beautiful. Next part is difficult for me as it requires time. That filtered rose coloured water is again heated, low temperature now, and keeps stirring the water. It takes hours when maximum water gets evaporated.
This time I didn't give direct heating rather I placed the filtered-water pot in another big pot full of water. Water got boiled, and the pot on the boiling water got indirectly heated. The latest product is here in the picture.

PS: My experience shows that better use a day or two days old petals, not fresh. This newly made wax is colour wise marvellous, but aroma is weak. While my previous experience, when I didn't use fresh petals, the colour was rather brilliant and fragrance was excellent. I heated the rose wax and Sandal granuel paste. Believe me, rose soaked smoke is a new experience.
View attachment 2497
Thanks so much, I'll be trying this as soon as early summer arrives.

AbasFrag

Oud Burner

In fact, hydrosol (rose water) is used as water in our home. So, it is distilled every month. So far as wax goes, I soak petals for a night. and next day, it is put into a big pressure cooker:Roflmao:. And then, of course, put on fire. When the petals are soaked, minimum quantity of water is used as the petals have their own moisture. When put the pressure cooker on fire, low heat to moderate heat is my focus. Just for thirty minutes, and then let it get normal. Then again on fire for an hour. When I open the lid, petals have got fully mixed, and the water has got rosy. Filter that water in a separate pot. That smells beautiful. Next part is difficult for me as it requires time. That filtered rose coloured water is again heated, low temperature now, and keeps stirring the water. It takes hours to get water evaporated.

View attachment 2497

Woow what a beautiful colour. Thank you so much dear brother for this :Inlove:

oudlover

Oudologist
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the pic respected Ria Munir. This is the first time I am seeing Rose Wax. Absolutely beautiful pic and I bet it smells heavenly.

View attachment 2497

View attachment 2497

VPhong

Oud Tea

View attachment 2497

Beautiful pictures dear Rai Munir. Thank you for sharing.