Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

Oud Beginner
Hello Ouddict’s,

I've had a lot of family obligations to fulfill this year due to serious illness. It has been one eye opening experience, as life tends to throw curve balls now and then.

My plan is to get back on the horse in 2020. I really enjoy ouds and now have a new, old love (maybe more of an addiction :)), musk!

My nominations are as follows:

1. Oud of the Year 2019

Wild – Miri from Rising Pheonix Perfumery

Organic – Oliang 2019 from Rising Pheonix Perfumery

2. Natural Perfume of the Year 2019

Ceylon Blue Lotus Attar 2019

3. Vendor of the Year 2019

JK DeLapp of Rising Pheonix Perfumery

Thank you. And may everyone have a great New Year!!!

jensz

Administrator
Staff member
Did someone nominate Al Shareef Oud Malek al malayzi? Don’t know how many are lucky enough to smell a sample of this but it is classic in every way. I hereby nominate it if it hasn’t been already.

Great call Mr.P . I remember you hadn't tried too many resinous malaysians but with Al Malek Al Maliyzi you went straight for the top shelf. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

My oudventures were curtailed in 2019 so I did not try too many. But the following were stand-outs and I hereby nominate them (not sure which have been nominated already), all wild, I believe:

Jannah (ASO)
ASO IV (ASO)
Nasir (Habzoud)
Yunnan Imperiale (Imperial Oud)

Grega

True Ouddict
Wild Oud:
Zuhayr - Al Shareef

Perfume:
Hebi - Mellifluence
Kaashef - Al Shareef (I prefer this to Turath)
Hekayat - Al Shareef

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
What an unbalanced and unfair platform. Completely biased towards the big boys. Such a shame the hidden treasures small vendors are not being given a chance here.

Then why are you here? You know nothing about the forum and you come here and have zero etiquette or manners and think you can slap the hard working members who have made it what it is?

The fact is that Ouddict gave small vendors a chance against the big boys... you have no idea and are demonstrating your total ignorance.

Do you even know how many small vendors I’ve personally helped set up???

Ouddict

Ouddict Co-Founder & Tech Support
Hello Ouddict’s,

I've had a lot of family obligations to fulfill this year due to serious illness. It has been one eye opening experience, as life tends to throw curve balls now and then.

My plan is to get back on the horse in 2020. I really enjoy ouds and now have a new, old love (maybe more of an addiction :)), musk!

My nominations are as follows:

1. Oud of the Year 2019

Wild – Miri from Rising Pheonix Perfumery

Organic – Oliang 2019 from Rising Pheonix Perfumery

2. Natural Perfume of the Year 2019

Ceylon Blue Lotus Attar 2019

3. Vendor of the Year 2019

JK DeLapp of Rising Pheonix Perfumery

Thank you. And may everyone have a great New Year!!!

Hope everything is better for you and this year brings ease.

Mr.P

oud<3er
By “exactly” I was agreeing with Grega’s “eh?” NOT the random guy who showed up just to complain. Bakhoor addict just shows up and starts complaining? No contribution to any actual discussions... What alternative is there now that basenotes oud forum is dead? Gaharu.com seems focused on a single vendor only...

Grega

True Ouddict
By “exactly” I was agreeing with Grega’s “eh?” NOT the random guy who showed up just to complain. Bakhoor addict just shows up and starts complaining? No contribution to any actual discussions... What alternative is there now that basenotes oud forum is dead? Gaharu.com seems focused on a single vendor only...
Exactly. :Cooler:

Andrew Salkin

it's aboud time!
Staff member
What an unbalanced and unfair platform. Completely biased towards the big boys. Such a shame the hidden treasures small vendors are not being given a chance here.

Ok I'll bite - what small vendor did you want to nominate that wasn't allowed?

I'm almost certain we'd all love to hear about and potentially support such a small vendor In fact, just last month there was a thread about new vendors having the opportunity to join. While they cannot be considered for this years nominations as per the rules, it would be great to keep them in mind to discuss their oils as a sidebar conversation.

But more importantly: lest we all not forget, this is a small community based on oud. This is a fun nomination process - not the fu***** Oscars. With all due respect to the vendors and all their hard work of course! That goes without saying. But in the end of the day, it's really just not THAT serious. There isn't some travesty happening here - no conspiracy or deep state agenda. No backroom handshakes or bait and switch to be paranoid about lol.

There are very simple rules to be a vendor here. But ultimately they can all be distilled (pun intended) down to: don't be a dick. There have got to be 12 vendors now here that all participate in dialogue, education, and bring excellent oils and wood to our little marketplace. Without it, we'd all have such limited options. I remind myself regularly not to take it for granted. These vendors all work are very hard and manage to play nice in the sandbox as adults.

Truly not knocking any other forums - I think there can be many, whatever floats your boat and wherever you feel most at home and fulfilled. I personally enjoy the variety and perspectives of multiple vendors so I more frequently patronize and participate here. If you prefer otherwise, than by all means - you do you! We support you.

But please stay positive in your posts. If you don't have anything nice to say, well then...you know how the saying goes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.